Share your fastpass plus experience with the parades and fireworks, please

Do you think that getting these FPs becomes less worth it (MSEP/Wishes)- when crowds are 'light'? We are going on a Tuesday to see the parade/works...and it's a '5' day in October.

I'm thinking we can stand 'anywhere' for the parade but perhaps the fireworks FP is worth it. Is it doable to watch the parade by country bears and expect to make it to the FP fireworks entrance in time? Where can we watch the parade and make it in time for the FP?

I like the blanket idea - considering that myself now. Did you notice if our Glow with the Show ears would work in the Rose Garden or is it only hub and main street?
When I went in September the Glow with the Show wasn't in effect yet. We'll there in 2 weeks though.

My problem is that even though I would love to have a special spot for wishes and would be willing to use a FP for it, but that means that my chances of get my 4th, 5th and so on FP is very limited for that day, since I couldn't get them until after wishes. I don't know if it's worth missing out on additional FP's.

Whether FP+ is worth it largely depends on your touring style. The days I am considering a Wishes FP+ are days that we only have evening FP+s. I assumed we'd tour early before crowds then go back to the resort during the day. If I were there all day, I might do something different...

We did MSEP and Illuminations during March 27th-April 1st. We loved it, so worth it!! The Illumination one was the best! You are front and center, best view I've ever had! It also helps that my mother was using a scooter and they had a small handicapped section that was not crowded for either. We arrived about 15 mins before the start and we're right against the rope for MSEP and right against the fence for Illuminations. Definitely would do again!

Just wanted to confirm with all that Wishes does in fact eventually become available as a FP+ option. It showed at 21 days out.

To 5Dizneynutz: We also LOVE POR. This will be our 5th stay there and we are going just about the same time as you. We arrive on 6/12/14 and enjoy heaven on earth until 6/25/14.

Can't wait!

Do you think that getting these FPs becomes less worth it (MSEP/Wishes)- when crowds are 'light'? We are going on a Tuesday to see the parade/works...and it's a '5' day in October.

Actually, you need to be very careful of MK crowds and your expectations of what they're going to be like on MSEP/Wishes nights during party season. Because Wishes and MSEP are so limited (only on non-party nights) they really draw in the crowds. That 5 day is going to feel more like an 8 or even 9 at the MK on a non-party day.

My personal opinion is that a MSEP FP+ **might** be worth it, but I really don't see the value in a Wishes FP+ at all. They're fireworks! You can see them from anywhere! Clearly many people disagree, but we've never had problems strolling up right before the fireworks start and getting a great view.

IMO, the parade one is definitely worth it and if you can't stand crowds and want something that actually feels special then the Wishes one is worth it.

We really enjoyed both of these FP+ selections and have done them multiple times.

I found the Illuminations one to be the biggest waste of a FP and left a comment at GR about it, not to get anything but to give immediate feedback. We only tried this to see what the area was like so for us it wasn't a big deal but I would have been upset if I gave up a real ride for that.

Thank You for your explanation/view of this subject. I have read many things, but this sounds like me talking so I am able to see that I made the right choice in my fast passes! MSEP is my favorite and it was being refurbished last time we were there so I want a good view. Did you have to get there right at the beginning time of your passes to get the best spot? If we were able to be in the front row could we bring a small folding "chair" with us or is that not allowed?

Thank You for your explanation/view of this subject. I have read many things, but this sounds like me talking so I am able to see that I made the right choice in my fast passes! MSEP is my favorite and it was being refurbished last time we were there so I want a good view. Did you have to get there right at the beginning time of your passes to get the best spot? If we were able to be in the front row could we bring a small folding "chair" with us or is that not allowed?

No chairs allowed. You are likely to need to get there well before your FP return window to get a "good" spot.

No chairs allowed. You are likely to need to get there well before your FP return window to get a "good" spot.

My FP tells me to arrive at 8:40 what time do you recommend we get there? Is there an official line before hand manned by a CM or is it just everyone trying to be first?

We also have Wishes FP that night and it says 9:35 any recommendations for that one? Thank You for your help!!

Is there an approximate time these are coming available? Specifically MSEP? I'm 24 days out and I've seen Wishes available once but never MSEP. Did I miss it?

We had FP+ for Fantasmic, Wishes and MSEP on our August trip, however, we decided not to use the MSEP FP+ as there was always plenty of front row viewing space in Frontierland during the 11pm parade.

- Fantasmic FP+ was very good and we were situated left of centre, but it felt pretty much central to the stage. We entered soon after the earlier showing, and were held at a rope at the top of the theatre until 10pm. After people in scooters and wheelchairs and their families, we were the first people to be let in.

Having the FP+ also meant we were guaranteed a seat, but the later showing we attended was only 2/3 full. The Fantasmic FP+ was also our 4th FP+, so we didn't have to use one of the 3 initial FP+ selections for the show, and there was availability for both showings most nights until around 7-8pm.

- Wishes FP+ was good, but I probably wouldn't do it again. It was nice to sit on the grass and have space to relax in the Rose Garden, plus, there was only perhaps 100 people in there, but our view of some of the fireworks was obscured by a tree! Tinkerbell does fly right over your head though, and the children around us loved that! You have a side view of the castle too, unlike down Main St. USA where you can see the castle and fireworks straight on, without too much obstruction by trees!

I totally agree with both these posts.

On our first full day (Jul 26), we decided to schedule all our FP+ in the evening, so if none were available, not pulling a 4th FP+ was part of the plan. Smart touring and a pool break help keep us sane the first part of the day.

My take: there was only ~30 other guests on this day and was very nice/different to lay down on the grass and look up at the sky awashed in magic. I found my eyes adjusted the tree out of focus as it only a minor obstruction depending on where you are positioned. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed Wishes from this spot and recommend using a FP+ if you are spending more than 1 day at MK (at least until the Hub construction is completed).

The only real problems with FP+ Wishes experience were related to CMs (sorry, as a whole CMs rock). It’s not my intent to cast a negative light on the experience at all but passing along what occurred so others can avoid it: We arrived early (prior to MSEP, perhaps too early) and were told to wait on the bridge outside/away from the entrance area but only a few steps away that was taped off. Another family that had been sitting/waiting in the circular path were also asked to move to this spot. I made a point that the CM knew my face, name and group size so I happily complied. Of course, once a new line formed about 15-20 minutes later... the CM/Mgrs completed forgot about us and we were told to go to the back of the line when the others waiting confronted the CMs. While there was plenty of space in the garden, it simply wasn't right. I gave them a piece of my mind and took names, etc. in case I decided to write GS….

Secondarily, if it wasn't for FP+ peeps continuously alerting the CMs... at least 15-25 guests would have just jumped the (very short) fence to join the FP+ party (there is the path that leads to New Fantasyland that serves as the boundary to the wishes viewing area), I guess it just seemed too easy for them, imagine walking by the rose garden and seeing all these peeps laying down on the grass enjoying wishes with no crowded whatsoever. They just start crossing over w/o any hesitation. The CMs were either lazy or just didn't care to keep out those trying to sneak in until there was so much uproar from the FP+ peeps. It was comical.

My FP tells me to arrive at 8:40 what time do you recommend we get there? Is there an official line before hand manned by a CM or is it just everyone trying to be first?

We also have Wishes FP that night and it says 9:35 any recommendations for that one? Thank You for your help!!

I was hoping to get some recommendations for what time to arrive for my Fast Passes to get great spots, so bumping this post! I listed the times it says I can arrive at, but have read I need to arrive earlier....any opinions!!??

1. My FP tells me to arrive at 8:40 what time do you recommend we get there?

2. Is there an official line before hand manned by a CM or

3. is it just everyone trying to be first?

We also have Wishes FP that night and

4. it says 9:35 any recommendations for that one? Thank You for your help!!

1. 8:20-8:30 should do it.
2. That can vary with the crowd level, etc.
3. Some will be there earlier, but unlikely they will be enough to "fill" the place.

4. No need to be early for Wishes FP+.

Do you think I could get 3 other FP's for my MK day, and then get the MSEP FP as my 4th, or do you think they will be gone on the day of? I am going on November 1st. TIA!

Do you think I could get 3 other FP's for my MK day, and then get the MSEP FP as my 4th, or do you think they will be gone on the day of? I am going on November 1st. TIA!

I've yet to read of a single person getting MSEP (or Wishes) as a 4th FP day-of. Maybe you'll be the first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter