Share your favors!

I plan on having a caricature artist at my reception and on the table each guest will have a mailer tube with our favor tag on it so they can put away the drawing and take it home with them safely.

Personalized mouse ears!

1289_2809N.jpg

Here are some favors we're using. We're having coasters, water bottle labels and napkins. As well as picture frames for place cards. They will be in gold, to go with our fall theme.These are the generic ones from online. Ours will be personalized. We're using our own logo as well, CC for Chris & Christy

giftboxforwedding.jpg

DisneyPumpkinscroll.jpg

Labelsforwedding.gif

WeddingCoaster.gif

Tablesettingforwedding.jpg

The CC will also be on our napkins as well!

I plan on having a caricature artist at my reception and on the table each guest will have a mailer tube with our favor tag on it so they can put away the drawing and take it home with them safely.

How thoughtful! :thumbsup2

We did wanderfuls filled with Hershey's Kisses. We found them at wanderfuls.com. They do double duty as centerpieces and favors. They looked so cool at the Atlantic Dance Hall, too. Like little fireworks everywhere.

20080906_1297.jpg

We found luggage tags with little castles. I thought it was perfect for a destination wedding!

88566859.jpg

3e250f67.jpg

The pictures arent great, but I think you can get the idea.

How much did they come out to per person? That is SUCH a cute idea, I love it!

We got ours at Disneyland with an annual passholder 20% off coupon and free embroidery (those were the days!), so they were less than $10 apiece.

You can order them through your floral planner for whatever WDW charges plus about $8/each for embroidery. They do offer fancy embroidery styles, but that's still pretty steep.

OR you can now get them on DisneyShopping.com for $11.95 plus $4.95 each for basic embroidery. The site seems to always be having some kind of sale or coupon (check www.mousesavers.com if you don't get their emails), so you might be able to get a good deal. :thumbsup2

How thoughtful! :thumbsup2
Thank you! Danny and I love caricatures so this was so exciting to find and be able to share with our guests. No one knows that's what we have booked so it will be a surprise for everyone.

We did wanderfuls filled with Hershey's Kisses. We found them at wanderfuls.com. They do double duty as centerpieces and favors. They looked so cool at the Atlantic Dance Hall, too. Like little fireworks everywhere.

20080906_1297.jpg

OMG!!! LOVE THESE!!! This will be PERFECT for our reception! Didn't want to spend a lot of money on centerpieces, and now we can do double-duty! I checked out the web site, but it doesn't have prices listed, so I guess I have to wait for a catalog or call them or something... I set up an account, but it hasn't been "activated" yet....

thanks for showing these... AWESOME!! :thumbsup2

Maybe I can help you with some pricing info. We ordered them almost two years ago, so the pricing may have gone up; but it'll still give you a "ball park" idea. If you order them 10 months in advance they offer a 10 or 20 percent discount (I don't remember exactly, it's been a while, and alcohol must've killed the brain cell with that bit of info on it).

The display racks were $5 each (we saved them to use again) and the empty tubes with the custom colored pompoms were around $3.50 each for the small size.

Edited to add: Found the invoice. It's 20% if you order early. The base price was $3.50 so after the discount we paid $2.80 each.

Each tube held six Hershey's kisses, which we bought at Sam's Club in big bags.

For 120 favors (the extra tubes were used to decorate the cake table) we spent $404.17 plus around $25 on candy. Total for centerpieces and favors was under what we'd budgeted at $450. We figured that we'd have spent that on favors alone, so essentially the centerpieces were "free" and saved us probably $500 tp $1000 over floral centerpieces.

20080906_1297.jpg

These are AWESOME! :eek: I just got on thier website and i'm so looking into this! What a great idea and it'll go great with our wedding theme! :woohoo: Thank you so much for sharing those

Do you know if they can ship them? I can't find that info on their website

We found luggage tags with little castles. I thought it was perfect for a destination wedding!

88566859.jpg

3e250f67.jpg

The pictures arent great, but I think you can get the idea.

Those are exactly what we are looking to put in with our save the dates, would you mind telling me where you got them? :goodvibes

Thanks!! :thumbsup2

we did luggage tags which we gave out at the shower, or mailed:
coronado_tag.jpg

And then at the wedding we are doing candles and M&Ms:
favor3.jpg

These are AWESOME! :eek: I just got on thier website and i'm so looking into this! What a great idea and it'll go great with our wedding theme! :woohoo: Thank you so much for sharing those

Do you know if they can ship them? I can't find that info on their website

They ship them unassembled. It didn't take us long to assemble them, though. We ordered them unfilled because we didn't want the chocolate to melt (they were due to arrive in August). Shipping and Handling was part of the $404.17 total I gave above.

FYI, if you like the Wanderful idea, but want to tweak it, I've seen descriptions all over the web of how to do it yourself at home. Apparently you can buy the tubes from packaging companies (just make sure your filler will fit). Then it's a matter of picking a topper you like, some people got sprays that were similar to the normal Wanderful spray from Oriental Trading, others put silk flowers on top, filling it, and arranging them in a vase with something like marbles or candy to hold the wands up.

I don't know if the DIY option is cheaper, but it might be worth looking at if you'd like a different look then you can get through the official site.

Apparently, I REALLY like the idea of DIY wanderfuls! I continued to dig around the internet on the topic, and found a few pointers that seemed spot on and easy:

• For your tubes, try spice tubes or sand art tubes, you can probably get these at Michaels cheap.
  • Try topping the tubes with crepe paper flowers. If you're really crafty you can make them yourself for pennies and stick them on with a glue dot in whatever color you like, or you can buy some premade. Michaels was carrying some in the Martha Stewart craft line.
  • The fancier wanderfuls on the website have personalized ribbon wrapped around them, you can pick that up cheap at Oriental Trading, or get wedding ribbon from Michaels which has the same look (printed) but isn't as expensive.

I never got excited about favors or centerpieces before, but now I'm thinking of filling some tubes with chocolate-hazlenut candies with acorn foil wrap, and autumn color crepe flowers on top. Maybe put some small bead hidden Mickeys in the flowers? I don't know what to do for racks. They look simple to make, I could take wood rounds and drill them in that pattern, or just use a bowl or vase with foam or floral filler.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter