Share your favors!

Thank you SOOOO much! I'm definatly going to look into this! my sister works at jo-anne fabrics so i think i'll have her do some scouting and see if she can find the materials i'd need to make them! What would i get as a base to hold them?

I still need to know one thing... how would it work getting them to the attic and set up on the tables? Is there a way that i could ship them to my WC a few days before and pay a fee to have them set them up?

Thank you SOOOO much! I'm definatly going to look into this! my sister works at jo-anne fabrics so i think i'll have her do some scouting and see if she can find the materials i'd need to make them!

I still need to know one thing... how would it work getting them to the attic and set up on the tables? Is there a way that i could ship them to my WC a few days before and pay a fee to have them set them up?

We assembled the racks, and filled the wanderfuls at home. Then put them in plastic storage bins and dropped them off with our wedding planner at Franck's two days before the wedding. DFTW's staff set them up for us without a charge.

We live locally, so we didn't need to ship them ahead, so I'd suggest talking to your planner about that.

We assembled the racks, and filled the wanderfuls at home. Then put them in plastic storage bins and dropped them off with our wedding planner at Franck's two days before the wedding. DFTW's staff set them up for us without a charge.

We live locally, so we didn't need to ship them ahead, so I'd suggest talking to your planner about that.

Thank you! this is good to know! :goodvibes

I'll definatly ask my WP (when i get one) and see what i can do!

I don't know what to do for racks. They look simple to make, I could take wood rounds and drill them in that pattern, or just use a bowl or vase with foam or floral filler.

The plastic disks on the rack are rather flexible; and racks themselves are very lightweight. Poster board would work just as well, and be cheaper than wood rounds. You'd need one bigger one, one smaller one, and some palstic or cardboard tubing and then a base to mount them to. That could be wood, or sturdy cardboard, etc.

Here are pix of the individual favors, and the empty rack.

20080906_1301.jpg

20080906_1299.jpg

And here's another site that has holders made from what looks to me like either construction paper or poster board. These look like they'd be really easy to do. http://snackandparty.com/birthday_favor_centerpieces.htm

And since the favors stand up by themselves, you might not want to use the racks at all.

We only did the racks to create "bouquet" centerpieces on the four large tables on the dance floor at ADH. The rest were simply standing up in the middle of the small cocktail tables (three on each three top, four on each four top) around the rest of the room. They looked great that way, too!

Maybe I can help you with some pricing info. We ordered them almost two years ago, so the pricing may have gone up; but it'll still give you a "ball park" idea. If you order them 10 months in advance they offer a 10 or 20 percent discount (I don't remember exactly, it's been a while, and alcohol must've killed the brain cell with that bit of info on it).

The display racks were $5 each (we saved them to use again) and the empty tubes with the custom colored pompoms were around $3.50 each for the small size.

Edited to add: Found the invoice. It's 20% if you order early. The base price was $3.50 so after the discount we paid $2.80 each.

Each tube held six Hershey's kisses, which we bought at Sam's Club in big bags.

For 120 favors (the extra tubes were used to decorate the cake table) we spent $404.17 plus around $25 on candy. Total for centerpieces and favors was under what we'd budgeted at $450. We figured that we'd have spent that on favors alone, so essentially the centerpieces were "free" and saved us probably $500 tp $1000 over floral centerpieces.

THANK YOU!!! :goodvibes We had planned on doing the My M&Ms with the Disney M&Ms and some custom printed ones in our colors... now we will have something to put them in AND centerpieces!! Our wedding is the 19th of this month, but the reception isn't until Thanksgiving weekend (in another state), so after the wedding chaos and honeymoon, I'll get started on ordering!! Thanks again!! :yay:

had seen those Wanderfuls and love them. I didn't think you could use them at Disney thinking the candy only had to come from Disney to use at your Wedding. Those are most certainly much better than paying thousands of dollars on floral and then favors added on top.

Thank you! Danny and I love caricatures so this was so exciting to find and be able to share with our guests. No one knows that's what we have booked so it will be a surprise for everyone.

We have also booked 2 caricature artists as well. I never thought about the tube though, as most of our guests are flying, we are having the vendor supply plastic bags to put the picture in. I am not sure the airlines would allow this in a carry on bag, as most of our guests are staying in villas with a washer and dryer and they don't want to be putting their luggage through the airlines at $25-$35 a suitcase. :idea:

Does anyone know how expensive the Caricatures are? I would like to look into it but not if it is really expensive!

Maybe I can help you with some pricing info. We ordered them almost two years ago, so the pricing may have gone up; but it'll still give you a "ball park" idea. If you order them 10 months in advance they offer a 10 or 20 percent discount (I don't remember exactly, it's been a while, and alcohol must've killed the brain cell with that bit of info on it).

The display racks were $5 each (we saved them to use again) and the empty tubes with the custom colored pompoms were around $3.50 each for the small size.

Edited to add: Found the invoice. It's 20% if you order early. The base price was $3.50 so after the discount we paid $2.80 each.

Each tube held six Hershey's kisses, which we bought at Sam's Club in big bags.

For 120 favors (the extra tubes were used to decorate the cake table) we spent $404.17 plus around $25 on candy. Total for centerpieces and favors was under what we'd budgeted at $450. We figured that we'd have spent that on favors alone, so essentially the centerpieces were "free" and saved us probably $500 tp $1000 over floral centerpieces.

i saw that you kept your favors. would love to buy them from u or borrow and return them if you still want them. my email is thetourignys2011 and the domail is gmail

my name is jasmine and i and thinkng of using wanderfuls but tryn to cut the cost. if anyone wants to sell their vases or if they are willing to loan them to me that'd b great!!! my email is thetourignys2011 and the domain is gmail.

want to use wanderfuls but wondering how expensive the shipping cose is? if anyone has used them can u tell me how many favors u got and what your shipping was?

I used Vistaprint.com ALOT for our favors! lol We are doing the Disney Dream wedding so I made Welcome Bags that are a Lands End tote and added the usual sunscreen, tums, lifesavers (get it? lol) and then added my FREE Vistaprint finds, just paid shipping :)

Tshirts with the castle and then "I survived Lisa and Rob's Disney Wedding"...pics will be on my planning journal when I arrive...

Brochures with our wedding info cabin numbers and hopefully phone numbers to the cabins, magnets for the cabin doors, sticky note pads that said, "I went to Lisa and Rob's Magical Disney wedding and only got this stinkin notepad", pens that are pink and have a saying on it from Disney the one where it says "A Dream is a wish you heart makes when it is fast asleep." Oh and much more just cannot list them here as I forget lol

www.vistaprint.com/spring2011 is the link I used! :wizard:

Apparently, I REALLY like the idea of DIY wanderfuls! I continued to dig around the internet on the topic, and found a few pointers that seemed spot on and easy:

• For your tubes, try spice tubes or sand art tubes, you can probably get these at Michaels cheap.
  • Try topping the tubes with crepe paper flowers. If you're really crafty you can make them yourself for pennies and stick them on with a glue dot in whatever color you like, or you can buy some premade. Michaels was carrying some in the Martha Stewart craft line.
  • The fancier wanderfuls on the website have personalized ribbon wrapped around them, you can pick that up cheap at Oriental Trading, or get wedding ribbon from Michaels which has the same look (printed) but isn't as expensive.

I never got excited about favors or centerpieces before, but now I'm thinking of filling some tubes with chocolate-hazlenut candies with acorn foil wrap, and autumn color crepe flowers on top. Maybe put some small bead hidden Mickeys in the flowers? I don't know what to do for racks. They look simple to make, I could take wood rounds and drill them in that pattern, or just use a bowl or vase with foam or floral filler.

What about a crystal/glass champagne buckets?

If your going to use flowers on the top you could put them in a flowerpot. flora foam would hold them in place.

We had a few favors:

-In our Welcome bags we had M&Ms in the 2 wedding colors- Pool and Rose and one color had our names and one color had our date. We also had Smurf Bride and Grooms (I own a toy store). Sorry the image is big.
IMG_2936.jpg

-At the Reception we had Cds as our placecards. I put a lot of Wedding event songs and just other songs I had play at the Reception on it.
PH153910609-0845.jpg

-At the Reception we had Chocolate Queen of Hearts lollipops. My Husband is a poker nut and they went with the Groom's cake which was a Texas Hold-Em cake.
PH153910609-0575.jpg

Let's see some more favors! The ones on this thread are great.

We are doing donation cards to Dana Farber Cancer Institute:
AGCTP11004favorstag.jpg

Most of our guests are traveling and we didn't want to give them extra stuff to lug home. My mom has cancer, so we thought donation cards would be nicer for us.

I am going to be doing personalized wedding coozies! I will post pictures when I get them! I am looking at about 85 cents per coozie! I liked the functionality, and who doesn't need to keep their drinks cool? :)

I got these cute little chocolate wedding cakes from Godiva for our Vow Renewal. They were just treats for DH and me but I think they would make cute favors.:goodvibes

863.jpg

857.jpg

for our wedding in 2 months from today ( :banana: ) we are doing the chocolate place cards for our guests with silk screened minnie and mickeys on them... mickey for the men and minnie for the women. They will have each persons name and table number on them. Each one is 6 bucks but when we figured in the cost for name cards, favors, shipping and all that, it was pretty much a wash, price wise :-) And they have a dual purpose :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter