Sharing MDE log in

shrinkydinky

Disney Dreamer
I just read that multiple people can be logged into one account to access G+ and make LL rides. If so, this would solve my problem with trying to set up MDE for different members of our party. We have 11 people and others have set up MDE but their tickets and reservations are all on my account and I’ve been unsuccessful linking them on their own account. Some groups will be going off on their own and I want them to be able to make their own LL rides and mobile food orders. Has anyone else had problems having multiple people use the same account?

I wouldn’t do it for the following reasons: 1) I am traveling with Disney newbies who don’t know how to use the app and I would worry one of them would change a reservation without realizing it; and 2) I think all mobile orders would default to my card on the room and I don’t want to accidentally pay for their food.

I’m not worried about paying for their food. They are my family. They won’t be messing with dining reservations. This is only for them to make Genie+ Lightening lane picks or doing mobile food orders when we aren’t all together, which will happen on our last day.

My family has done this for years, however there’s only 5 of us. I don’t see why it’d work any differently though. We have one Disney account and everything is done through that one by everyone in my family.

It's not an issue, BUT the log on for MDE is your log on for the entirety of your Disney account....Disney +, Disney Cruiseline, everything.

If you can get them linked down there with the QR code reader, I would do that. Then you're not stuck with all those managed profiles forever.

It looks like you have your answer but if you are interested in a long-term solution, just call Disney and work through managing the accounts tickets and the plan sharing. It is 100% worth it.

What we found worked the best for us was to have each ROOM with their own MDE account. (We had multiple families traveling together). Then we linked the accounts so we could plan for things like ADR's and see the information of the other individuals. Some of the things we tried to do worked on one account but not another so we found calling Disney was the easiest way to resolve that without wasting a lot of time on your own trying to 'fix' something. Disney IT apps all tend to have issues and the phone person was able to resolve things we couldn't do ourselves. Having one account per room also simplified how charges were handled/storing credit cards/etc.

I agree as someone else mentioned, you have to be really careful using MDE since you can easily erase an ADR or other scheduled items if you aren't careful how you navigate around the app.

I appreciate all the replies. I’ve tried calling Disney but just don’t have the patience to wait on hold for hours. There’s only one day we will be separated, the last day, when two groups will go off to two different parks. My neice and nephew will take their respective partners to HS and MK. They may or may not want to use Genie+. If so, they would be the ones making LL reservations. The rest of us will go back to Epcot and won’t be using Genie+. I realize my MDE sign on is the same for all the Disney apps. But I trust my niece and nephew. I tell ya, I’ve always been the one planning things and it’s important to me that my family have a good time. This vacation has been very stressful trying to navigate this new Genie system, and frustrating trying to reach Disney by phone to solve issues. Nonetheless, we will have a wonderful time. 😀

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter