Ship vs Itinerary

We have to start with what dates work, then look at both itineraries and ships. I would love to sail on the Wonder as it's the only one I haven't been on yet, but the itinerary I would like doesn't work with available dates.

We've sailed on every ship, and we consider both. Each ship has different feature shows, and being able to see the different shows is meaningful for us. We prefer the Dream class ships in general due to their better amenities. However, itinerary matters, as well. You can't currently sail a Dream-class ship to Alaska, so we sailed there on the Wonder, even though for other itineraries we wouldn't sail on her due to the lack of major waterslides. So both ship & itinerary are important to us. We look forward to the new ships coming out, and plan to sail on each one.

Definitely the itinerary. The only exception was the 2nd time we sailed the Dream, it was to experience that class again. We had wanted to do the Fantasy, but at the time it was doing the Western and Eastern runs with no variation which we'd already done. Luckily that changed this year and we're booked on the 8-night Eastern that visits 3 ports we've never been to before.

I honestly couldn't imagine paying to do visit only the same ports I've done in the past. I'd love to do another TA, but at this stage it'll have to be a westbound voyage as there's very little change in the eastbound journey since I did it (in fact, they've dropped 2 ports and 1 night, and it costs more!). Same deal with Alaska, easily one of the best cruises ever, but it's just too much to pay for an exact repeat. We're much more inclined to sail another line to head further north and do it as a cruisetour.

At the moment for me it is cost, ship, itinerary. As I am from Europe, the European routes don't interest me, and everything in the US is 'exotic', which means all need an expensive longhaul flight. So, next cruises have to be affordable.

Then ships. I have done the 6 Disney parks in the World. Next on the bucket list is to see all the Disney ships. And then Aulani, but this one is not really a priority.

6 parks in the world? Do you mean WDW? There are four parks there unless you're counting water parks?

They are 6 parks in the states if you've counting the four in WDW and the two in DLR.

Just curious...

6 parks in the world? Do you mean WDW? There are four parks there unless you're counting water parks?

They are 6 parks in the states if you've counting the four in WDW and the two in DLR.

Just curious...

No...
Anaheim, Orlando, Paris, Shanghai, Tokyo, Hong Kong.

So if you want to be specific, it's 14 parks, including water parks.

It's been some of each for us. Our first cruise we were interested in Alaska so were on Wonder naturally. More recently we have done a couple of European cruises.

My latest booking was for a B2B on Dream, the only ship on which we haven't sailed--my actual priority there was to complete cruises 9 and 10 before the new ships launch.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter