Shocked at loss in value of ticket credit!! What are my chances of getting a refund?

Comparing a multi-day ticket to single-day tickets for the same total period will almost certainly result in a higher total based on The single day tickets and with higher certainty if park hoppers are considered. Disney, like many other entities, discounts additional days, and sometimes quite highly. To begin with, you need to compare like ticket types, and you need to look at the same time periods.

Comparing a multi-day ticket to single-day tickets for the same total period will almost certainly result in a higher total based on The single day tickets and with higher certainty if park hoppers are considered. Disney, like many other entities, discounts additional days, and sometimes quite highly. To begin with, you need to compare like ticket types, and you need to look at the same time periods.

They weren't looking at single day tickets, but single park tickets (one park per day).

My tickets for March 2020 were $583 (9 day PH). The same ticket for essentially the same week in 2022 is $695. A 5 day PH for that time is $579, so that's what I could get now for the 2020 price.
Ok. Spring break, which doesn't surprise me has increased. But I also bet a 7- or 8-day non-hopper would be similar price to your old 9-day hopper. Also, since the more days you add the less additional cost, the difference between a 9-day vs a 5-day isn't as big as a 6-day vs a 3-day. But, yeah, prices have definitely increased. I still don't see a 6-day hopper dropping to the same value as a 3-day non-hopper. But maybe over the holiday or something. I was just curious about the dates.

I understand what a statute of limitations is. My point is, Disney has to offer a refund here, because they breached their contract and failed to provide the service paid for. I find the argument laughable that Disney would win in this instance. I doubt it ever comes to OP needing to sue, but if he did, he would win.
But for how long? Next year? 5 years from now? There needs to be a limiting principle of some sort. The parks have been open over a year. I mean, I hope the OP contacts Disney and they find a way to make them happy. But I'm not sure I would see it as an obligation to do so at this point.

Hi everyone! Thanks for all the great questions, feedback and advice. To respond to a couple of points:

- yes, Disney to their credit did provide all guests affected by the closure a cut-off date before which our 6-day park hopper tickets could have been redeemed for a rescheduled 6-day visit. But due to border and travel restrictions between Canada and the US at that time (and earlier on, limited park openings and experiences), that was neither a viable nor desirable option for us. After that date our tickets became a dollar credit equal to the value of the original purchase price.

- There are four of us in our family (see adorable profile pic). Our original purchase price (and current dollar credit) for four 6-day park hopper tickets in May 2020 was $1,670 USD. Today, that $1,670 credit basically buys four 3-day single park tickets with no park hopper (with about $110 to spare). The cost now to re-purchase our original four 6-day park hopper tickets for a May 2022 trip would be $2,470 USD. So to get an equivalent length of park stay, we'd have to top up our existing credit by $800 USD in spite of the parks and on-property resorts offering fewer of the experiences and perks that drew us in the first place.

Like Pete says: charging more for less. And we're just not down with it.

So next steps: I will phone Disney to collegially discuss my options, but expect we will probably wind up using the credit towards a split stay of just 3 single park days at Disney, and the rest of the trip at Universal.

Thanks again. Cheers!

I don’t have too many positive things to say about the service and prices at Disney. But they were Very helpful to us when COVID shut us out of a planned vacation.
Id certainly call,go up the chain of command and seek a resolution. Obviously not mentioning a competitor park visit lol
Best of luck OP!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter