Shooting after Super Bowl Parade

I'm not sure what this is supposed to signify. What is the reason for this statement?
I guess you missed my prior comments on this thread? Rather than go in circular arguments about stuff I've been commenting on the events that happened..in my own metro.

So previously I had said this yesterday
There is a 3rd person in custody, as I was watching it in real time that 3rd person was being arrested and taken away, but that fact of being arrested doesn't mean they were a shooter nor that there were 2 shooters as opposed to one although more than one gun was collected. Details haven't been released regarding the individuals in custody.

This morning I followed up with this
As I had mentioned in my comment the only hint was a fight breaking out between individuals and that at this time is being stated to be the reason per the police chief: "the shooting appeared to be the result of an argument between two groups of people. She said of the three people detained Wednesday afternoon, two were juveniles."

ETA: I should add obviously more information can come out, more details discovered, changes in motives, etc. But at this time this is their prelim track.

So the comment you just quoted was me posting a follow up to my prior comments that the 3rd person has been released as they were not found to be connected. I'm guessing those who want to do the circular comments are doing so on the controversial board.

I guess you missed my prior comments on this thread? Rather than go in circular arguments about stuff I've been commenting on the events that happened..in my own metro.

So previously I had said this yesterday

This morning I followed up with this

So the comment you just quoted was me posting a follow up to my prior comments that the 3rd person has been released as they were not found to be connected. I'm guessing those who want to do the circular comments are doing so on the controversial board.
Thanks. Appreciate the follow up.

I don't understand why the one guy who was tackled was carrying
an automatic rifle.
How was that not noticed, and how did he use that in the supposed
"dispute' with the other shooter (who apparently had a handgun of some sort).

And, in response to "thoughts & prayers" argument,
in our house prayer is action - we pray to Jesus and know He has heard us.

You're upset because you weren't treated with suspicion? First, you're female, right? There has only been one mass shooter in the U.S. that was a female. Even that is debate-able as the person started off and was male for many years, and only became female a little while before the shooting.

This isn't true. There are very few women who commit mass shootings, but they do. First to come to mind is Brenda Spencer who, at 16 years old, shot and killed two people and injured others at the elementary school across the street from her house in Cleveland in 1979.

In YOUR opinion. And your opinion or anyone else’s isn’t necessarily the right one. Nothing wrong with respecting another who does believe thoughts and prayers can actually do some good.
In YOUR opinion, what difference have thoughts and prayers made? Because they sure haven't stopped them.

This isn't true. There are very few women who commit mass shootings, but they do. First to come to mind is Brenda Spencer who, at 16 years old, shot and killed two people and injured others at the elementary school across the street from her house in Cleveland in 1979.
Yeah that's a pretty famous one to say the least...there is a song about it.

Just a note, that took place in San Diego, but was at Cleveland Elementary School.

Yeah that's a pretty famous one to say the least...there is a song about it.

Yes, "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats.

Our memory seems to fade quickly with so many tragedies, but Audrey Hale of Nashville killed 6 people including 3 children just last year.

In YOUR opinion, what difference have thoughts and prayers made? Because they sure haven't stopped them.

Aren't you simply offering your opinion as well?

It's entirely possible some planned shootings haven't taken place for a variety of reasons no one will ever be aware of, possibly even simple change of heart. Can it be proven that's absolutely never happened because other shootings have happened and continue to happen? Is it impossible for someone to have a change of heart without even understanding why? If they themselves don't understand the change of heart, how could someone else explain it?

If the crisis is going to be solved, solutions have to be sought. Should any solutions that do not solve the crisis in toto be rejected and denounced as useless because shootings still happen? Is it really beyond all boundaries to look at it more like the story of tossing starfish back into the sea?

Just a note, that took place in San Diego, but was at Cleveland Elementary School.

Yes, "I Don't Like Mondays" by the Boomtown Rats.
Thank you for that correction! Cleveland was in my brain and it makes sense why.

Thank you for that correction! Cleveland was in my brain and it makes sense why.

It's not like it matters, but when I read your post I was thinking it was a different incident in Cleveland that I didn't know about. When I re-read, I realized it was the same incident.

Believe it or not, the FBI actually doesn't classify the murder of two people as a mass shooting. Which is why she an the other women you thought of may not have come up in my research. They may have been classified as "spree killings." (NOT a consolation to the surviving relatives, no matter how they are classified.)

"The FBI defines mass shootings as “Four or more murders occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders. These events typically involve a single location, where the killer murdered a number of victims in an ongoing incident.” There may or may not be additional persons injured in such events."

Source: https://eden.cce.cornell.edu/security/mass-shootings/

Only real update at the moment is for the two juveniles that were still in custody charges have been filed but not yet for the actual incident itself.

"gun-related charges as well as resisting arrest. Additional charges are expected as the investigation by the Kansas City, Mo., Police Department continues."

Believe it or not, the FBI actually doesn't classify the murder of two people as a mass shooting. Which is why she an the other women you thought of may not have come up in my research. They may have been classified as "spree killings." (NOT a consolation to the surviving relatives, no matter how they are classified.)

"The FBI defines mass shootings as “Four or more murders occurring during the same incident, with no distinctive time period between the murders. These events typically involve a single location, where the killer murdered a number of victims in an ongoing incident.” There may or may not be additional persons injured in such events."​

But more than two people were shot - they just weren't killed. That seems like a strange distinction considering the incident had all the hallmarks of a mass shooting. Not that it matters at all or makes it less horrific. It is rare to see female shooters, but it has happened.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter