Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

I believe ALL the gift baskets/sets/items in the "gift basket" section qualify for the STB Metro gift basket coupon. This morning the cashier rang through the coupon for me with 2 Laura Secord sets, a Laura Secord travel mug set in a box and a Laura Secord individually wrapped mug set and the 25 airmiles were on the screen after my airmiles card and the coupon were entered. I cancelled the transaction before paying as I wasn't actually interested in purchasing at the moment. YMMV.

I believe ALL the gift baskets/sets/items in the "gift basket" section qualify for the STB Metro gift basket coupon. This morning the cashier rang through the coupon for me with 2 Laura Secord sets, a Laura Secord travel mug set in a box and a Laura Secord individually wrapped mug set and the 25 airmiles were on the screen after my airmiles card and the coupon were entered. I cancelled the transaction before paying as I wasn't actually interested in purchasing at the moment. YMMV.
Purchased pizza dough balls this morning from the FreshtoGo area and it qualified as STB Metro Catering. I think it is safe to say that all items in the FreshtoGo section qualify.

Should I go to Metro for this today or wait till there is any sale? There’ll probably be sales going on closer to Christmas. I have to think about minimizing costs and maximizing values.

the online shopping is a constant problem ... the points for the coupon won't post till after the promo is done usually.
Thanks, Jacqueline. I assumed that that was the case. I've noted that the 50 STB AM did not post in red on my word file.

Is anyone else still waiting on the Christmas in July AMs? I see that Monday is day 120, so Tuesday will be a 'chat' day if they don't appear this weekend.

Should I go to Metro for this today or wait till there is any sale? There’ll probably be sales going on closer to Christmas. I have to think about minimizing costs and maximizing values.

Depends what you are looking for. Last week there was an additional 25 airmiles when you cashed in $10 in airmiles, this weekend the "meal deal items" are on sale and there is 25 airmiles for spending $25 on the Metro/airmiles accounts. Baskets aren't on sale this week so I'm sure one will come up at some point (last week there were airmiles on Irresistible ones). No point in buying something you don't really want, however I'd expect selection will be less the longer you wait for baskets.

Anyone know how much the glue at Lowe's costs? I can't see us needing it but my father in law will. do you need to use a printed coupon?

Anyone know how much the glue at Lowe's costs? I can't see us needing it but my father in law will. do you need to use a printed coupon?

Hi Bossy
Lowes no coupon required (coupon good till Dec 12 only)
Rona Yes coupon required (coupon good till Nov 27th only)
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers?prov=ABClick on individual coupons and the coupon will flip so you can see the terms and conditions and how to use for each coupon(make sure you set the region to Alberta.

My cost in Mississauga Ontario was $11.99 a tube.
Regards
Mel

We tried the amazon (airmiles.ca) for shop the block but have no idea if it works. We live in rural alberta so don't know if we will be able to get to 7 as is but definitely need things to work for us to make it. Is there any way to check if it worked. The shop the block airmiles would be so helpful for us getting another ticket to Disneyland before we go!!!
As well as a brief response on the thread you posted on I've brought this over here to help get some answers for both you, and others, who are struggling with the coupons getting completed.

Online shopping continues to be a real thorn in my side (and MOST of us!) Airmiles make it extremely difficult to track if/when the miles have posted correctly.

I find that if Amazon works perfectly (and for me that specific store does about 98% of the time) the miles will post within a day of me getting the shipping notice in my email. There is no way for us to track if it has trigger the StB promo though, the miles for completing that coupon won't post for several weeks -- they seem to appear about a month after the entire promo wraps up (IF they do at all!) It seems about 80% of us need to chase down either the individual transactions, the value of the coupon or BOTH

As well as a brief response on the thread you posted on I've brought this over here to help get some answers for both you, and others, who are struggling with the coupons getting completed.

Online shopping continues to be a real thorn in my side (and MOST of us!) Airmiles make it extremely difficult to track if/when the miles have posted correctly.

I find that if Amazon works perfectly (and for me that specific store does about 98% of the time) the miles will post within a day of me getting the shipping notice in my email. There is no way for us to track if it has trigger the StB promo though, the miles for completing that coupon won't post for several weeks -- they seem to appear about a month after the entire promo wraps up (IF they do at all!) It seems about 80% of us need to chase down either the individual transactions, the value of the coupon or BOTH
so, because we did this 3 days ago (item already arrived), we probably did it wrong. Rats!!!

so, because we did this 3 days ago (item already arrived), we probably did it wrong. Rats!!!
You *should* have better luck if you use the direct link from the StB site (the one I've got on the first page) but not even that is a guarantee! The online shopping portal and I have a HATE-love relationship!!!!

Use THIS link for StB Online Shopping

Notice the difference in this gang:
airmilesshops .ca/en?ext_cmp=44534_
AMS-STB-2019-_-AM.CA-Microsite-_-_EN-_-ShopNow

Last edited:
Purchased pizza dough balls this morning from the FreshtoGo area and it qualified as STB Metro Catering. I think it is safe to say that all items in the FreshtoGo section qualify.
Way to go, taking one for the team! THANKS that's great info to stick on the first page!!!!

I see the instore shell STB says exclude shell gift cards. Anyone know if that means to exclude any gift card you can purchase in shell or just a “shell” gift card to use there ie for gas?
Just Shell brand gc. I was there and purchased my LCBOgc before heading to get that one. It registered all good.

So was able to do a STB that I thought there was no way I could. Global Pet Food. Normally you need an animal to do this, or someone close to you to buy.
So what do I do because this STB is harder than the last couple of years. We hit up the local SPCA and picked up a dog. So off to Global to buy bed, bowls, toys, food. Easy one now to do.
The lengths I will go to get my coupons filled.:jumping1:

So was able to do a STB that I thought there was no way I could. Global Pet Food. Normally you need an animal to do this, or someone close to you to buy.
So what do I do because this STB is harder than the last couple of years. We hit up the local SPCA and picked up a dog. So off to Global to buy bed, bowls, toys, food. Easy one now to do.
The lengths I will go to get my coupons filled.:jumping1:

OH MY GOSH!!
Congratulations New Papa!!
Boy or Girl and name is?

We will need pictures soon.
Hugs
Mel

Hi Bossy
Lowes no coupon required (coupon good till Dec 12 only)
Rona Yes coupon required (coupon good till Nov 27th only)
https://shoptheblock.ca/en/partner_offers?prov=ABClick on individual coupons and the coupon will flip so you can see the terms and conditions and how to use for each coupon(make sure you set the region to Alberta.

My cost in Mississauga Ontario was $11.99 a tube.
Regards
Mel
I went to Rona is GUelph and it was $6.49 and the 20 AM showed on the receipt. Did use a coupon.

Thanks, Jacqueline. I assumed that that was the case. I've noted that the 50 STB AM did not post in red on my word file.

Is anyone else still waiting on the Christmas in July AMs? I see that Monday is day 120, so Tuesday will be a 'chat' day if they don't appear this weekend.

Hi Deb
I am still waiting for my Christmas In July to post.
Hopefully by Monday.
Hugs
Mel

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter