Shop the Block 2019 -Bonus miles are POSTING NOW!

@Donald - my hero , StB Jean Coutu posts to AM account as SHOP THE BLOCK - AM CASH . They only posted 2AM instead of 5 (at this point anyway). Will I follow up for the additional 3 probably not. (Used 95AM cash for $10 off my purchase)

Anyone else get the 5AM posted to their account?

I see the instore shell STB says exclude shell gift cards. Anyone know if that means to exclude any gift card you can purchase in shell or just a “shell” gift card to use there ie for gas?

Yep, other gift cards will work for this promo. I also purchased LCBO gift cards and received the STB. Apparently AM has fixed the Shell coupon issue on the website.

I believe ALL the gift baskets/sets/items in the "gift basket" section qualify for the STB Metro gift basket coupon. This morning the cashier rang through the coupon for me with 2 Laura Secord sets, a Laura Secord travel mug set in a box and a Laura Secord individually wrapped mug set and the 25 airmiles were on the screen after my airmiles card and the coupon were entered. I cancelled the transaction before paying as I wasn't actually interested in purchasing at the moment. YMMV.

Awesome! My Metro told me I couldn't use it with Laura Secord. I'm glad to read otherwise.

Purchased pizza dough balls this morning from the FreshtoGo area and it qualified as STB Metro Catering. I think it is safe to say that all items in the FreshtoGo section qualify.
Ohh even better!! Thanks! We often make pizza from their dough. Perfect!

So I drove to Ottawa yesterday and I'm still here. My grandpa is in the hospital. They found out quickly one of his lungs collapsed from the outside lining being filled with water. I know there's a specific name but I forget.. anyways, turns out it's a bacterial pneumonia. So the hospital is putting in a drain today and he'll be there for another 4 or 5 days. I have to work tomorrow so I'll be driving home later today.

My thoughts are with you. It's such a worry when a loved one is in hospital. Does he have people (besides you) to keep an eye on him while he's there?

So I drove to Ottawa yesterday and I'm still here. My grandpa is in the hospital. They found out quickly one of his lungs collapsed from the outside lining being filled with water. I know there's a specific name but I forget.. anyways, turns out it's a bacterial pneumonia. So the hospital is putting in a drain today and he'll be there for another 4 or 5 days. I have to work tomorrow so I'll be driving home later today.
Hope all is well soon!

StB story.

I went with DS to IGA to get some dessert. They have a fabulous bakery at the nearby store. Got to the cash and remembered I didn't have his cash account unlocked. Quickly switched on my data. Got into his account. Unlocked cash account (I thought). Cashier tells me there's not enough cash to redeem. I pull up the account again, show her there is enough etc. She calls someone else over, this new one tries, can't get it to work. I ask if the order can just be cancelled if AM Cash isn't working. They call someone more senior over. They can't get it to work at first. Then I look at my phone. I don't know if I unlocked it and then locked it again or what but it was locked. I quickly unlocked it while person #3 was trying to figure it out and suddenly it worked.

It's a good thing I only go to that store 2X per year. I'm afraid I never get out of there without some sort of incident. But in true StB fashion I stuck to my guns until I got it done (even though it may have been my bad)

So was able to do a STB that I thought there was no way I could. Global Pet Food. Normally you need an animal to do this, or someone close to you to buy.
So what do I do because this STB is harder than the last couple of years. We hit up the local SPCA and picked up a dog. So off to Global to buy bed, bowls, toys, food. Easy one now to do.
The lengths I will go to get my coupons filled.:jumping1:
Congratulations on the new addition. How did your first night go? I bet he's a cutie.

I used Jean Coutu 95 miles for cash yesterday and no shop to the block posted just the 2 miles. I hope this is ok

StB story.

I went with DS to IGA to get some dessert. They have a fabulous bakery at the nearby store. Got to the cash and remembered I didn't have his cash account unlocked. Quickly switched on my data. Got into his account. Unlocked cash account (I thought). Cashier tells me there's not enough cash to redeem. I pull up the account again, show her there is enough etc. She calls someone else over, this new one tries, can't get it to work. I ask if the order can just be cancelled if AM Cash isn't working. They call someone more senior over. They can't get it to work at first. Then I look at my phone. I don't know if I unlocked it and then locked it again or what but it was locked. I quickly unlocked it while person #3 was trying to figure it out and suddenly it worked.

It's a good thing I only go to that store 2X per year. I'm afraid I never get out of there without some sort of incident. But in true StB fashion I stuck to my guns until I got it done (even though it may have been my bad)

Kind of like me on the phone with Sobeys ready to complain that I didn't get my 15 airmiles for the targeted Prime chicken offer when I realized that it was a targeted offer for me and not son's card,,,Uhhhh my mistake have a great day! Bye!
Very embarrassed.
Glad it eventually worked for you.
Hugs
Mel

@Donald - my hero , StB Jean Coutu posts to AM account as SHOP THE BLOCK - AM CASH . They only posted 2AM instead of 5 (at this point anyway). Will I follow up for the additional 3 probably not. (Used 95AM cash for $10 off my purchase)

Anyone else get the 5AM posted to their account?
I only got 2 AMs posted to my account. Like another poster, my receipt didn't say "Shop the Block - AM Cash" but it did show the same coupon code that was scanned with the booklet. Just curious if you don'tmind sharing, did you shop at JC on the Ottawa side or Gatineau side?

I only got 2 AMs posted to my account. Like another poster, my receipt didn't say "Shop the Block - AM Cash" but it did show the same coupon code that was scanned with the booklet. Just curious if you don'tmind sharing, did you shop at JC on the Ottawa side or Gatineau side?
Oh I see where it says that - on the Air Miles transactions! My bad - please disregard!

Looking for a bit of advice/reassurance: I just placed an amazon order through airmilesshops. The total was 200ish dollars, but things are shipping from different places so when I check under 'my orders,' it shows 3 orders all under 100$ each. Will this shop qualify for a STB coupon?

I know we've all had varied success with these coupons actually posting properly in the past, so any experience is very appreciated :)

Jean Coutu is usually a very reliable sponsor. Never had any issue with them. I used their 3X coupon personally so cannot help with the 2AM posting instead of 5AM.

Jean Coutu bonus air miles post later. I had the same issue last year. They post after the promo period has ended. If you want to follow up you can contact Jean Coutu directly by email.

Purchased pizza dough balls this morning from the FreshtoGo area and it qualified as STB Metro Catering. I think it is safe to say that all items in the FreshtoGo section qualify.
I just purchased a $15.00 ready to bake lasagna, a package of pre made sub sandwiches for $9.00, and a cheese bagel for $1.99 from the fresh to go section at Metro, and bonus coupon worked. Got 25 airmiles for my loaded Metro offer, and 50 bonus air miles for the coupon.

I shopped on the Gatineau side but I have one more to do for DS (once he has more Cash AM) so I may do that one in Vanier.

My thoughts are with you. It's such a worry when a loved one is in hospital. Does he have people (besides you) to keep an eye on him while he's there?
Hope all is well soon!
Disney Addicted
Hi Hon
My thoughts and well wishes are with you!
Take care of yourself.
Hugs
Mel

Thank you all. I arrived home just after 9 PM.

Yes, actually, there are, thank goodness. My uncle (grandpa's son) & aunt live down the road and they are helping him. The procedure did not happen after all today. A doctor tried but kept meeting resistance while trying to insert the needle. So a time has to be scheduled in the IR? IC? room so a CT scan can be done at the same time so the doctor can see and guide the needle in. I sure hope that happens tomorrow. He's having a hard time trying to sleep, talk and eat things like the thick water provided or custard. In the meantime, my brother (also lives in Ottawa) is staying at my grandpa's condo to help our other uncle (who lives with grandpa) as he has Parkinsons and is having a hard time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter