Shop the Block 2020 MILES ARE POSTING NOW

I didn't even know that was an option. Often things shipped to me (in Ottawa) come from different warehouses Montreal and Toronto. It certainly makes it trickier to know what items might be in the same warehouse and therefore might get shipped together. A whole new level of thinking required.

Calling all my AM experts!
I just saw the preview flyer for Sobeys for the coming week.
They have a buy one $150 Sobeys gift card, get 100 air miles.
Here is my question-do you think the 5x Shop The Block multiplier coupon would work on this?
I think the answer is no but I got a truckload of airmiles the last time I they had the 5x, way more than I expected and I thought that was because it multiplied my personal loadable offers.
If it did, they maybe it would work with this?
I know you guys will know the answer...

The GC won't work with the StB coupon. They are specifically excluded. Sometimes if you have a loadable offer for spend $130 get 30AM that will work with the GC but it doesn't work for everyone. (store dependant I guess)

Really happy to hear about the GC deal. I'll be gettig a bunch of those.

Calling all my AM experts!
I just saw the preview flyer for Sobeys for the coming week.
They have a buy one $150 Sobeys gift card, get 100 air miles.
Here is my question-do you think the 5x Shop The Block multiplier coupon would work on this?
I think the answer is no but I got a truckload of airmiles the last time I they had the 5x, way more than I expected and I thought that was because it multiplied my personal loadable offers.
If it did, they maybe it would work with this?
I know you guys will know the answer...

Ohh awesome! Thank you for posting. I love to get the Sobey's cards and switch them into Shell gas cards.

I was able to do a Sephora shop yesterday through the airmiles portal. Crossing my fingers it works for me and counts as a shop for Shop the Block.

That makes 3 partners. BMO, Shell, and Airmiles shops.

I am hoping to get to children's place ( Grandpa whips out the cc pretty darn quick to buy the grandaughter anything these day :laughing: ) and pick up some dog food to donate to the local shelter in memory of our dog we said good-bye to in September. Then I think that will be all that I can do without overpsending just to get the meager AM they are offering this year.

The GC won't work with the StB coupon. They are specifically excluded. Sometimes if you have a loadable offer for spend $130 get 30AM that will work with the GC but it doesn't work for everyone. (store dependant I guess)

Really happy to hear about the GC deal. I'll be gettig a bunch of those.

ok thanks-I kind of didn't think so, oh well.
I was a little negligent with seeing what the 5x breakdown last time and just wasn't sure. I am getting lazy with AIr Miles!

I decided to throw caution to the wind and ordered off Airmileshops today. I have the worst luck with getting it to work correctly. I didn't take screenshots of what I did (hence the caution). I ordered and spent over $100. We'll see if it works and I get the AM. If it doesn't, that's OK because I was going to make the purchase online anyway instead of going to the store. Today it was buy 3 get 2 free so it was a good deal.

The store has 3XAM and Airmileshops has 15XAM the store issues AM at 1/$20 spent. This is not a regular AM partner just a store on Airmileshops. If I spent $120 I would earn 6AM but because the store has 3X that becomes 18AM, do I then get to add another 12X (12x6)to that to get to 15X or is Airmileshops ontop of the 3X (15x6)

This could be a moot point as I'm not really expecting it to work anyway. If it does I'll have to find one more offer because I'll be 1 short of 7 and that'a just too close to not go for it.
Here's how multipliers work (I'm pretty sure -- can't find an example to confirm with screen shots but that's what my account appears to be showing)

you spent $120 = 6 miles
store offers 3X = 18 miles BUT since you only get the base miles ONCE it will show as 12 miles

Site bonus of 15X = 90 miles BUT again, only get those 6 miles once so it will show as 84
TOTAL miles *should* be 102 (if I'm wrong about the base miles only being awarded once you'll get an extra 12, but don't count on those!!)

I have a bunch of amazon airmiles now, and my STB for it all posted! Phew. I think. I can't tell if I got as many as I should have because of how my order was shipped, but the STB was what mattered so I'll be glad for that! Now I do have to at least do one more, since I have two. Probably Shell since it will be easiest. Though Global petfoods could work. I don't get the dog's food there but I could get some for the cats, and perhaps a few treats/toys to get to $60.

Finally, some good news re Airmileshops. I order stuff yesterday and went through Airmileshops. I didn't expect it to work (I have the worst luck usually) for StB but I did the steps anyway. All the miles posted to my account including the +30 for StB. Now I need to figure out 1 more coupon and I will have done 7 offers. Groceries at Sobeys I guess. I'll stock up on laundry detergent and make a nice roast of beef for Sunday dinner.

I bought one 6-pack Asahi beer from LCBO. The coupon says 2 but I got the STB AM. What should I do? Do another shop just in case or not? I think I should do another shop. What if they claw back the AM later!

I have had a bunch of my Black Friday airmiles shops post, and more than one over the $100, but no STB miles. Everyone else sounds like they got those quickly?

Yep I think we have 5 each card and without staples and a decent metro shop and no jiffy lube I think we are done

I made a surprise bonus today. My SIL loves red wine and she does a lot for me...so I decided to U turn into the LCBO today and get the StB covered wine for her. She knew the brand and said it’s really good. So that makes 7 for my account and now I’ll move on to finishing DD’s. That unexpected LCBO offer might allow me to get to 5 for DD.

So I’m confused about this. It’s DD’s account and this is the StB purchase. I spent $104 pre tax and The Bay is 1/$20 plus 2x and then 10x Black Friday. If my math is correct it would be 5 + 5 + 45

DDAD0EAC-65CE-4E96-A096-6144671F136D.jpeg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter