Short trips are they worth it our day one

ebutte

DIS-CON Commando
Let me answer for us yes we had a wonderful time but it was indeed fast,

DH:45
me:42
DD:12

Let me quick give you some background. We were sitting in dr office les than2 weeks ago when we dedided since DH mom is ill we should go see her and i said since we are that close we should go to DL well Salt Lake isnt real close about 11hrs to DL but we went for it. Ive never posted a trip report before so i hope i dont bore you all...

We arrived in Placentia, Hliday Inn at 3am. It was verry clean and friendly. I just wanted a bed.
Got up at 9am yea short nap but we wanted to go to Goffys Kitchen to start are trip.
DL was less than 10 min away,drove into DL hotels parking lot by the way the allow you 5 hrs free parking. We arrived at 10:30 at Goofys Kitchen.
Oh man am i glad we decided to do this, we were seated in less than 15min. I had told the girl at check in how excited we were because last time we were at DL goffys kitchen was on the other side i thought . She told us about all the changes and was real sweet.
To eat i had the wonderful mellon relish samon,and a piece of there BBQ orange chicken, and roasted tomatoes. All were wonderful. There was tons ore food but i dont want to run on the price was $59 for the three of us i think. But the greatest part was of course the CH. Mad hatter was awsome, he let us know there was no way he would ever marry because no women in the world could ever share his love of tea!! And Alice was so talkitive here. She sat and chatted away. Sittting there looking around at all the smiling faces i realised how fortunate we are to be able to make this quick trip. Just watching the CH interact with DD makes my heart smile. After getting pictures with each CH at least 3 times and eating more deserts than one should we left to head back to the hotel to change for the beach. Oh not to back track but i thought there were a lots more CH here than 6yrs ago. This time we had Bluea,Briar Bear, Aladan,Jasmine,Goofy,Max.Alice and Mad hatter.This was Saturday so i dont know if that makes a difference.
3pm we are at the beach, oh my i ran right into the water i guess i was expecting Floridas warm water yea i was shocked. But as soon as i was numb i had fun. Just beware all you who are expecting warm water.We laughted how we could see refineries from the beach we were at Hunington State park beach. One thing ill give CA beaches you all have tons of sand i swear you walk almost a block of sand till you come to the ocean. Real nice.

6pm and were in the car again headed back to hotel, i realise now how old im getting.And knowing DH wil want to tour comando stle i realise we need to get some sleep tonight.
We stop at what used to be China Doll restaurant {one of our fav.}but now is called China Bear,we get to go and head back to hotel where we realx in hot tub then go to room watch spider man and drift off to sleepafter setting wake up cal for 6am.

Day 1
6am wake up
Irun down to the free breakfest and grab coffee and juice and quick stuff for DH and DD me i tank up on masssive coffee

7:00am park in Mickey and friends parking gargage,its free with are AAA tickets,i cant believe how excited i am just boarding the tram everying looks different
7;30am we are standing in front of DL!!! I swear just the air you breathe in feels different when your standing in front of the railroad and thegiant Mickey waiting toget in.The posted opening time was 8am and they didnt leave us in a minute before.And it seemed almost all gates were open and when i looked behind us i think all of Ca was behind me.
8am y fist site of DL main street in 6yrs(although we have been to WDW 5 times in last 4 yrs it was great to be at the park where it all started)
my first impression was how wonderful it was but when i looked down main street i was kinda surprised,thecastle looked smaller and i could see the Matterhorn,then i realised WDW ad DL are alot alike but the differences make you feellike you are dreaming kinda where nothing is where you left it. Well we taked about how weird we felt as we rushed off me to get FP for Indiana and DH and DD went to get PS for the Blue Byue

I met up with them just as they finished and we ran to Splash but they said it was broke
so we back tracked to HMand rode it
then checked on Splash and it was up so we rode it, guys what is it that makes you laugh so when you see Briar Foxes tail in the old gateors mouth? Zipty Do Daugh :)
Next we hit PiratesDH fav. Man how come its so much better here?We got riped off in FL. Floating by the old man on the front porch with the music playing and the fireflies just cant be beat!!
After Pirates it was time for our FP for Indiana Jones,FP is great less than 10min including the walkthrough the que.I dont think we stoped till we got to the top of the steps.
After Indiana we walked passed Jungle Cruise and ther was no wait so we rode,had a wonderful tour,he told some new jokes we hadent heard,but who took the caves with the sankes and Tiger?
We are really surprised being a Sunday that there isnt any real ines!!
Walked over to Tommorow land and since there was only a 5min wait on Star Wars we rode,when we got off and walked past Honney i Shrunk and saw no wait till next show they were calling people we decided to go in there(Im dying to get to SM,but ill have to wait)
After honney we need to hustle back to Blue for lunch but on the way we swing by and grab FP to thunder MT
We had first ps of the day so when they callled us inthe girl let DD pick which table she wanted. Of course water front right in middle.
Lunch consisted of,DD and DH had clam chouder for app. and i had the stuffed mushrooms.I shared my mushrooms with DH because they give you 4 giant ones.
DD and myself triedn the french quarter chicken, she loved hers me not impressed.DH had the crab cakes which he loved.More coffee and we are off to our ThunderMT FP. Dont know if thats lets say one of the most intelligant moves of the centurary for me since i my stomach was so full so after thunder i came up with the plan lets tour the park via railroad, dont know how but i convinced themof this great PLAN WHICH KEPT MY LUNCH WHERE I PUT IT THANK GOD. We got the train at New Orleans and took it full circle then into toon townwhere we picked up Roger Rabbit FP.
Then we went oh no PIN shopping i had made myself swear no pins but i did keep it uder 60.Then we played in inaventions,DD loved this then grabed a fp YES to Space before wlking over to do RogerRabbit. We ride RR love this spinning ride. Then DD An DH wanted to do Thunder again but being nice {actually stil trying to keep lunch in}I went for FP to splash while they rode. I got FP and waited at exit of Thunder Dang i didnt have to go full speed cause i ended up waiting about 5 min for them, they said line was so quick PLEASE ride with us so i did and yes lunch stayed put.
On the way back to tommorow land we walked through Fantasay Land and there with only a 5min post time was Pinocchio-i love this ride they really need it in FL.
Then finally SPACE MT i love feeling like im flying through space!! And i like the side by side seating here,DH says he likes the cars being samller cause it feels faster. After Space i need more coffee so we hop into Pizza port where i deside on a side saalad with my coffeeand DD an DH get Luner treats.
We walk back to Fantasy Land to ride Alice this has got to be one of my fav dark rides maybe fav ride peorid. It makes me feel like a kid aqgain i love alice but i tel DH when we get home he has to make me a door knocker like here,you know as your falling down the hole i love it.As we exit Alice the parade is going by we cant see real well but saw enough to know i cant miss it ill defiently see it in a good spot before trip is over. (Like my Dad used to say Ill never get to old for parades and snow storms me neither)
Next we go to snow white ride i love fantsasy land i know there not wild rides but oh i could live here.
After snow white i notice a CM with a Beauity and Beast pin i havent seen she tells me if i buy the DVD ill get it free plus another DVD of course we did.
Then we are off to ide Casey JR i know ican love this ride am i feeling young you bet (are my feet hurtin yea afraid so)
From Casey we ride Mr Toad another i want it in WDW!!!
Then we do the Matterhorn man this ride line wraped around the MT but like you all said it wasnt long at all 15min.after the Matterhorn we rode Its a small world it was really pretty on the inside but outside they were doing painting,
After SW we got another FP for Autiopa then while waiting for time went to space exploration exipit. DH loves this kind of stuff makes us go to Kennedy Space centr each trip to Fl
Time for autopia FP we each got own car. I hate to admit this but it was fun.DD was ahead of me so trust me when i say thank God she dosent drive for a few more years!!
Then to make DH happy we ride Pirates befot=re dinner no wait.
We ended up sharing a chicken dinner at french market
Rode Splash mt with FP thank God for FP wait time was posted 75min we were on in less than 10 min.Then we saw fire works from that side of park,beauithful but i want to see them from front of park.
We then ride Story book cannel this is so beauithful i wanted to jump into the villages and play(us little girls with doll houses:)
Then to end the day we pick Peter Pan it was the longest wait of the day 25min. so we feel truely blessed but oh my sooo tird, i feel like i crissed cerossed the park a million times today, my feet are killing me my my heart is so happy. As we are some of the last guest to exit the park i look back down main street side dosent matter the magic lives. Its 11:30 we have been here since 7:30 in the park since 8am and itsbeen 16 magical hours!!
We are back to the hotel and in bed by 1am.Set wake up for 7:30 and we are off to dream land. End of Day one

What a nice trip report. Thanks so much for sharing. I really felt like I was there and really can't wait-94 days, my family will be there.:D

Thanks so much for the GREAT trip report!! I will read it over and over before our trip in just 21 DAYS!!!!

So glad you included all the detail, we will be driving out, too! Glad you had a great trip!!

TTFN,
kaybird

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter