Should I bring DD8 as well?

tiff211

DIS Cast Member<br><font color=blue>Was busted by
My BFF and I are getting tickets for Demi Lovato for our DDs13 for Xmas. I am also including my DD11. DD8 is a little mature for her age because of her older sisters but I am wondering if she is too young for such a concert. None of them have ever been to one. Any thoughts?

We brought my son (then 7 1/2) to Green Day a few months ago. (His favorite band.) He was very excited, but fell asleep in his seat around 9:30. (Usual bedtime is 8:30.) Even with all the noise around him, he was sacked.

My BFF and I are getting tickets for Demi Lovato for our DDs13 for Xmas. I am also including my DD11. DD8 is a little mature for her age because of her older sisters but I am wondering if she is too young for such a concert. None of them have ever been to one. Any thoughts?

Bring her along as well. That would not be cool to include her. That is my 2 cents.

That way she can she in the experience of her sister's of "their first concert" which is a big deal.

I wouldn't take an 8 year old to a concert like Pink or something (no flames, I am a HUGE Pink fan, just not age appropriate) but I think Demi would be fine. I would take her with you.

I wouldn't take an 8 year old to a concert like Pink or something (no flames, I am a HUGE Pink fan, just not age appropriate) but I think Demi would be fine. I would take her with you.

DW took all of our girls (9, 13, 15) to see Pink. They had a great time.
But no flames here. Every parent has to decide for themselves what they feel is appropriate for their child.

In the case of Demi Lovato, I haven't seen any of her shows, but so far, her songs seem pretty family friendly. As far as I know, she hasn't gone through the "I'm an adult now and I have to be shocking and inappropriate so the media will keep paying attention to me" phase yet. Ahem, I'm talking to you Miley. :)

Is that fair though?

Did the older two have their first concert at 8? One of the things that caused jealously between me and my older sister is that my mom always dragged me along. So, my sister didn't get to see her first concert (Cheap Trick) until she was 14. I was 12 and went, too. It started a string of angry because she had to wait and I didn't.

Is this a special gift for your 13 yo? Is it her 1st concert? I think there's a big difference between 8 and 13. If you're trying to create a special time for your oldest I'd just take her.

I personally wouldn't take an 8yo to a teen concert.

I am not so concerned with the appropriateness of the artist as I am with is she old enough to handle the large crowd, noise level, late night? But from the answers it seems most think I should take her.

Is that fair though?

Did the older two have their first concert at 8? One of the things that caused jealously between me and my older sister is that my mom always dragged me along. So, my sister didn't get to see her first concert (Cheap Trick) until she was 14. I was 12 and went, too. It started a string of angry because she had to wait and I didn't.

Good point. I am the oldest sister but the gap was so big between me and the next one (11 years) so we didn't really do anything together like that. The 8yo usually gets to do more things solo because the 13yo will opt out since its for "kids". Hmmm....

Is this a special gift for your 13 yo? Is it her 1st concert? I think there's a big difference between 8 and 13. If you're trying to create a special time for your oldest I'd just take her.

I personally wouldn't take an 8yo to a teen concert.

I didn't really think of it as a special gift, since my BFF mentioned it and I am getting it based on that. I already had her gifts picked out. It is her first concert. I did say to my BFF, if it were just the 8yo I would never consider taking her to see Demi Lovato. But then later that day, her song came on the radio and DD8 was singing louder than the other two. Thats when the self debate started!:rotfl:

I am not good with the whole deciding what fair and/or equal. I was out of my house by the time my sisters were my girls ages. Should I JUST take the 13yo and not even the 11yo? would that make it more fair?

I didn't really think of it as a special gift, since my BFF mentioned it and I am getting it based on that. I already had her gifts picked out. It is her first concert. I did say to my BFF, if it were just the 8yo I would never consider taking her to see Demi Lovato. But then later that day, her song came on the radio and DD8 was singing louder than the other two. Thats when the self debate started!:rotfl:

I am not good with the whole deciding what fair and/or equal. I was out of my house by the time my sisters were my girls ages. Should I JUST take the 13yo and not even the 11yo? would that make it more fair?

It depends on your 13yo. Is this a big deal in her eyes, like a rite of passage to go to a first concert? Does she know about the concert and is looking forward to going?

I woud not take the 8 year old and let it be a special experience for just the 13 year old. Don't forget that fair does not necessarily mean equal.

My DDs are less than a year apart, and it is rare that one does something without the other. It is really nice as their mom to get to do something with just one of them at a time.

DDs went to their first concert when they were 5 & 6 (Sara Evans and Brad Paisley). We missed the headliner because they both fell asleep after the opener.

DD13 fell asleep at the Jonas Brothers concert when she was about 9. Granted, she was not feeling well, but she was a huge fan, we went with three friends, and we had pretty good seats.

We still bring earlugs to every concert we go to. It is just too loud!

It depends on your 13yo. Is this a big deal in her eyes, like a rite of passage to go to a first concert? Does she know about the concert and is looking forward to going?

She has no idea about the concert. I think she will be very surprised since its not something she requested. I don't think she knows about it and Demi Lovato is not her favorite performer or anything. I'm only taking her because my friend suggested we take them. She says her DD is really into Demi. When I asked DD if she liked her she said yes and started singing one of her songs. I am getting her Demi's new book and planned to put the tickets in there. I moreso wanted to take DD11 because she really likes the group that is opening for Demi...fifth harmony. I actually think its a concert SHE would enjoy more than DD13. She likes and listens to Pop but again if my BFF hadn't mentioned it, it would not be a concert I would think to take her too. Now if it were Justin Beiber!!!!! :faint:

She has no idea about the concert. I think she will be very surprised since its not something she requested. I don't think she knows about it and Demi Lovato is not her favorite performer or anything. I'm only taking her because my friend suggested we take them. She says her DD is really into Demi. When I asked DD if she liked her she said yes and started singing one of her songs. I am getting her Demi's new book and planned to put the tickets in there. I moreso wanted to take DD11 because she really likes the group that is opening for Demi...fifth harmony. I actually think its a concert SHE would enjoy more than DD13. She likes and listens to Pop but again if my BFF hadn't mentioned it, it would not be a concert I would think to take her too. Now if it were Justin Beiber!!!!! :faint:

Well, then maybe it won't be so earth-shattering to the 13yo if the youngster came along. Do all of your munchkins get along well? You have an adorable family there in your signature.

Since this seems to be more about the 'first' concert than the perfomer, I think you should take only the 13yo. A new mom and daughter tradition.

Sometimes it nice to have something special with just your mom. And a rite of passage almost to go to your first concert.

I would probably see if there is a concert coming that both dd's were in to.

Kelly

lizabu said:
I think Demi Lovato is pretty G rated. I'd bring her. How fun.

Totally agree. Demi Seems pretty G rated. I'd bring her along. I honestly dont think its nice to exclude her.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter