• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Should I wear a dress?

I'm pooh sized and love wearing dresses - actually, Disney has some amazing dresses on their store that have pockets (so those are my favorite things to wear to the park). Some advice though is to definitely wear shorts or thigh bands underneath. If your thighs touch at all, they're going to chafe badly.
Amazon has a lot of good thigh bands/thick garters and biker shorts that work great under dresses.

I wear dresses, skorts etc. all the time at Disney. So comfortable. If I am concerned about the dress or it's length or what I may ride, lightweight bike shorts go underneath. The athletic style dresses mentioned above are fantastic

I guess if you're dress question isn't focused on modesty, I suppose the only real issue is what style of dress and length? If it's loose/long, it could be annoying getting on/off ride vehicles. Stepping onto almost any ride where you have to step down like Test Track, etc. would be cumbersome. Also would be a pain for a ride like FOP or riding the carousel. And if it's tight/form fitting, with no give, getting on/off these rides would definitely be a problem.

I've watched women in flowy, long dresses about fall on their face because they trip and if it's short and flowy (not loose fitting), it may get annoying blowing around/blowing up all the time. For the most part, what ever you choose to wear, just think what would make your life easier if you were getting on a boat in the water from a dock.

I've worn athletic dresses to the parks that have a built in bra and shorts and those are no different than wearing shorts. I've found them to be the most comfortable. The downfall is similar to wearing a romper since it's a one piece..... so bathroom visits are always a blast LOL. I am not super concerned about modesty....... to a degree, but I do like to be comfortable and prefer to keep my lady bits out of people's faces when I'm at disney. Nobody needs to see anyone's whoha while getting on/off rides. 😂

ETA- https://thehalara.com/collections/d...ist.1.dresses-skirts-1&pmuih=dresses-skirts-1

this is the type of dress I prefer, the pockets are a game changer too. I have a few from American Eagle also. They're wicking fabric too which is nice in the hotter months.

This might have been mentioned already but for those of us who have thighs that chafe, or would prefer more modesty, you could go for an athletic dress with built in shorts. Like this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Workout-Pockets-Exercise-Athletic-Dresses/dp/B09C8L3B8R/ref=sr_1_5?crid=2EWDPALGHPHQN&keywords=athletic+dress&qid=1659029433&sprefix=athletic+dress,aps,134&sr=8-5
I love the idea of these dresses but I have the same problem as with rompers and 1 piece swimsuits - you have to take the whole thing off when you pee. :D

I only wear dresses & skirts to the parks (and never with shorts underneath). Space Mountain is the only issue for me and it's mostly when getting out - it's awkward to do without flashing people. That said, it's 15 seconds of my entire day so I'm not going to wear shorts or not wear a dress just in case I flash someone in those 15 seconds. Flight of Passage could be a problem if your dress was really short but mine are typically knee length so I'm able to straddle the seat and still have my dress cover everything that needs to be covered. I haven't had issues on any other rides.

I love all the dress ideas, especially the sports skort!
All of the dresses at our local stores look like something out of "little house on the prairie", LOL. So it's great to see such modern looking dresses.

I wear dresses all the time (without shorts), and the only problem I have had was on Flight of Passage. Not because I had to straddle the seat, but the fabric got stuck a bit when the sides came up. A gentle tug and it came out, but that could be an issue for you.

I guess if you're dress question isn't focused on modesty, I suppose the only real issue is what style of dress and length? If it's loose/long, it could be annoying getting on/off ride vehicles. Stepping onto almost any ride where you have to step down like Test Track, etc. would be cumbersome. Also would be a pain for a ride like FOP or riding the carousel. And if it's tight/form fitting, with no give, getting on/off these rides would definitely be a problem.

I've watched women in flowy, long dresses about fall on their face because they trip and if it's short and flowy (not loose fitting), it may get annoying blowing around/blowing up all the time. For the most part, what ever you choose to wear, just think what would make your life easier if you were getting on a boat in the water from a dock.

I've worn athletic dresses to the parks that have a built in bra and shorts and those are no different than wearing shorts. I've found them to be the most comfortable. The downfall is similar to wearing a romper since it's a one piece..... so bathroom visits are always a blast LOL. I am not super concerned about modesty....... to a degree, but I do like to be comfortable and prefer to keep my lady bits out of people's faces when I'm at disney. Nobody needs to see anyone's whoha while getting on/off rides. 😂

ETA- https://thehalara.com/collections/d...ist.1.dresses-skirts-1&pmuih=dresses-skirts-1

this is the type of dress I prefer, the pockets are a game changer too. I have a few from American Eagle also. They're wicking fabric too which is nice in the hotter months.

I wear flowy, long to midi dresses all the time and have no issues at all with tripping.

OP I've worn above the knee, below the knee, almost to the ankle dresses at WDW and have had no issues on the rides. Wear shorts if you are afraid of a flash here or there or wear the slip I suggested earlier for lightweight coverage under the dress. Or don't wear any shorts/slip and just smile if you accidently give someone a show!

But mostly, have fun. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter