Should we even consider Knotts?

rsleleux

DIS Veteran
We have decided to get a 2 day pass instead of our usual park hoppers so that we can get Halloween Party tickets!

Our original plan was to attend DCA on a Thurs and then go back to DCA on the Friday morning and go to the Halloween party at 4 on the Friday night, but that will be our only time at DL! (We went in May and had 3 days between both parks so it is possible but will seem short since the park will be packed from the party!) On Saturday we were going to Knott's Berry Farm to avoid a Saturday crowds at DLR BUT now we are considering DCA on Thurs and Knotts on Fri, then DL on fri night for party and then pick the park that we should go back to on Sat. Does this sound like a good idea or should we stick to Knott's on Saturday?

I know avoiding crowds is impossible I just want to make the most of our trip since we only have 3 full days. Since Knott's closes at 5:30 it seemed logical to attend party after that but we may be too exhausted? Should we even consider Knotts at all or just get 3 day passes and drop Knott's? (We have never to Knotts been but getting to California won't happen again to soon)

We have decided to get a 2 day pass instead of our usual park hoppers so that we can get Halloween Party tickets!

Our original plan was to attend DCA on a Thurs and then go back to DCA on the Friday morning and go to the Halloween party at 4 on the Friday night, but that will be our only time at DL! (We went in May and had 3 days between both parks so it is possible but will seem short since the park will be packed from the party!) On Saturday we were going to Knott's Berry Farm to avoid a Saturday crowds at DLR BUT now we are considering DCA on Thurs and Knotts on Fri, then DL on fri night for party and then pick the park that we should go back to on Sat if we can split it up? Does this sound like a good idea or should we stick to Knott's on Saturday? I know avoiding crowds is impossible I just want to make the most of our trip since we only have 3 full days. Since Knott's closes at 5:30 it seemed logical to attend party after that but we may be too exhausted? Should we even consider Knotts at all or just get 3 day passes and drop Knott's? (We have never been but getting to California won't happen again to soon)

Saturdays are sometimes the LEAST CROWDED days at DLR, since most AP's are blocked out. When we go on Saturdays (we are premium passholders), it is less crowded than the other days.

Knott's is good if you want thrilling rollercoasters. It's run down, sadly a shadow of it's former self, and has a...less than desirable crowd. Night and day compared to DLR. You can get rollercoasters anywhere, and probably a better park. Your Disney experience will be first rate, Knott's just opposite.

I think Knotts is worth checking out during the daytime IF you enjoy thrill rides. As we all know, Disney doesn't have any. This is perfectly A-OK with me, but the hubs is another story! lol If you don't care too much for thrill rides, I would say skip it...unless you want a cool scary Halloween experience, since you will be there in October!
The reason Knotts closes so early is because they have the Knotts Halloween Haunt at night!!! SCARY Halloween party with mazes and gore, etc. We are going on our first trip night. You do have to purchase tickets for this separately and their website doesn't have info yet about it. If you want info check out: http://www.facebook.com/KnottsScaryFarm

Looks really fun! And they have something called a "boo-ffet" beforehand with good food and early entry to the scare, and then they have a late night buffet at the chicken restaurant from 12-3am for all you can eat breakfast. ;)

I would say skip it...unless you want a cool scary Halloween experience, since you will be there in October!
The reason Knotts closes so early is because they have the Knotts Halloween Haunt at night!!! SCARY Halloween party with mazes and gore, etc. We are going on our first trip night. You do have to purchase tickets for this separately and their website doesn't have info yet about it. If you want info check out: http://www.facebook.com/KnottsScaryFarm

Either go for rollercoaster or the Halloween Haunt. Both something for older kids/teens, not small kids.

Either go for rollercoaster or the Halloween Haunt. Both something for older kids/teens, not small kids.

My husband LOVES rollercoasters! My son would be too scared for the Halloween haunt if it is real scary, he is still "kinda scared" of fireworks so we are taking a chance with Mickey's Halloween Party as it is! So I will definitely consider switching our days to dlr on saturday! Saturday is my son's actual birthday! Thanks for the tip!

I wouldn't do Knotts the same day as the HP. If you want to go to KBF on Saturday, I would do DL at RD Friday, then take a break at the hotel and come back for the HP. That way you can get some rides out of the way with low crowds.

Posted from Disney Forums Reader for Android

I wouldn't do Knotts the same day as the HP. If you want to go to KBF on Saturday, I would do DL at RD Friday, then take a break at the hotel and come back for the HP. That way you can get some rides out of the way with low crowds.

what is RD? Thanks

We did that a couple of years ago - Knotts during the day and then Mickeys Halloween party at DL in the evening. We found it quite a good option - the only drawback was the coach was later collecting us than planned (we had gone with Grayline) so we were later getting into the party than what we really wanted.

Im not a big fan of big coasters so i spent most of the day sitting waiting for Dbf and DD who had a great time riding them over and over as it was so quiet (DD conquered her fear of loops there) .

We had our main meal at Knotts during the day so we didnt have to bother hunting for food when we got back to DL

As we came out of Knotts everyone was waiting to go in for the scary night there. During the day there was nothing scary on show though - all the walkthrough scary areas etc were closed off.

How tall/adventurous is your son? Unless he is 52 inches he won't be able to ride the "headliner" rides. Check the height requirements section very closely or you may have a disappointed child.

To me, Knotts is better if you have a taller thrill-seeking child, or one small enough to enjoy Camp Snoopy.

PHXscuba

How tall/adventurous is your son? Unless he is 52 inches he won't be able to ride the "headliner" rides. Check the height requirements section very closely or you may have a disappointed child.

To me, Knotts is better if you have a taller thrill-seeking child, or one small enough to enjoy Camp Snoopy.

PHXscuba

He is 48" but there were a few rides that I could do with him while my husband takes on the thrill rides. We did check out the site and there was enough for us to consider it! He doesn't like BIG rollercoasters, he loves space mountain but it is probably because he can't see it!

We did that a couple of years ago - Knotts during the day and then Mickeys Halloween party at DL in the evening. We found it quite a good option - the only drawback was the coach was later collecting us than planned (we had gone with Grayline) so we were later getting into the party than what we really wanted.

Im not a big fan of big coasters so i spent most of the day sitting waiting for Dbf and DD who had a great time riding them over and over as it was so quiet (DD conquered her fear of loops there) .

We had our main meal at Knotts during the day so we didnt have to bother hunting for food when we got back to DL

As we came out of Knotts everyone was waiting to go in for the scary night there. During the day there was nothing scary on show though - all the walkthrough scary areas etc were closed off.

I was wondering if we could take a cab? or avoid using grayline?

Knotts certainly isn't run down at all. Its a great park for those that love thrill rides such as big coasters. It also has some tamer rides for toddlers as well as river rapids ride, log flume ride etc. Its an old west themed park with actual old west buildings transplanted from ghost town around the country.

Many dislike most parks that aren't Disney or perhaps Universal. Knotts is a classic old fashioned family amusement park that reminds of days gone by.

Be sure to see the Peanuts ice skating show. Really fun! Knotts diner or take out is by far the best value if you love old fashioned fried chicken and fixings.

Only you can decide if you want to go to Knotts or have another day at DLR. Knotts haunted nights are not for kids. They have an age requirement of 16+ I think.

Knotts certainly isn't run down at all. Its a great park for those that love thrill rides such as big coasters. It also has some tamer rides for toddlers as well as river rapids ride, log flume ride etc. Its an old west themed park with actual old west buildings transplanted from ghost town around the country.

Many dislike most parks that aren't Disney or perhaps Universal. Knotts is a classic old fashioned family amusement park that reminds of days gone by.

Be sure to see the Peanuts ice skating show. Really fun! Knotts diner or take out is by far the best value if you love old fashioned fried chicken and fixings.

Only you can decide if you want to go to Knotts or have another day at DLR. Knotts haunted nights are not for kids. They have an age requirement of 16+ I think.

Yes we are interested in going to Knott's for all of those reasons listed! I need to rephrase my question to say "OK we do want to see Knott's but should we go on a friday followed by a Mickey Halloween Party? (That way we have a whole day at DLR on Saturday incase we can't get to everything at DL during the night of the party) OR should we go to Knotts on a saturday to avoid crowds?

It just seemed like we are wasting a day (if we would go to DLR on Friday) since we can get into the party at 4

Thanks! I was going to do RD at DCA on both days to make sure we definitely get a chance to experience Carsland, so that is what limited my time at DL only during the party. I'm still worried that a saturday at dlr might be more packed.

Yes we are interested in going to Knott's for all of those reasons listed! I need to rephrase my question to say "OK we do want to see Knott's but should we go on a friday followed by a Mickey Halloween Party? (That way we have a whole day at DLR on Saturday incase we can't get to everything at DL during the night of the party) OR should we go to Knotts on a saturday to avoid crowds?

It just seemed like we are wasting a day (if we would go to DLR on Friday) since we can get into the party at 4

Knotts is a full day park. I wouldn't go just from say 9am-3pm and then head to DL for the HP. Now if I had AP's for Knotts we do make short visits just to go on the major rides for a quick stop. That maybe an option if you'll be back in the area as AP's for Knotts are about the same price as one day full price. There are Knotts discounts available on their website.

KBF is what can be called a middle of the line park. It's like a Six flags and Disneyland thrown together. Its not as dirty as a Six Flags, but "the magic" is missing for sure. As far as going to it, I'd say yes. The park has its own unique way of entertaining its guests. From gun-slinging cowboys, to the Boardwalk, its a nice alternative, if one becomes "Disneyed" out. :rotfl:

Knott's is good if you want thrilling rollercoasters. It's run down, sadly a shadow of it's former self, and has a...less than desirable crowd. Night and day compared to DLR. You can get rollercoasters anywhere, and probably a better park. Your Disney experience will be first rate, Knott's just opposite.

Thats too bad. Its been a few years since I was last there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter