Should we visit this fall

hllb

DIS Veteran
Hi all,
I just planned a trip to Universal for me and my 3 kids (11, 16, 17) and am considering taking one day to hit Hollywood Studios. The last time we went, they were almost done building the new Toy Story stuff, so we haven't seen that either. But my boys (the oldest and youngest) would love to see the Star Wars stuff. Our trip is planned for November 2-7. Given the anniversary stuff, I'm fairly wary that we'd spend a large amount on one day tickets, only to not be able to do much due to large crowds. Just curious what everyone's thoughts would be on the crowd levels expected this fall, and even on what potential changes there may be in the Disney experience at that point (I know park reservations are still required, but honestly haven't kept up with it to know if they are planning to phase that out soon and reinstate fast passes?)

Yes it will be crowded but IMO still worth a visit. As of now there are no plans to phase out park reservations, so you would need to buy a ticket and make a DHS reservation. As long as you arrive as early as possible and have a good plan you should be able to get a lot done in one day. I would also make sure to familiarize yourself with the ROTR boarding group process and practice in advance to maximize your chances.

Yes it will be crowded but IMO still worth a visit. As of now there are no plans to phase out park reservations, so you would need to buy a ticket and make a DHS reservation. As long as you arrive as early as possible and have a good plan you should be able to get a lot done in one day. I would also make sure to familiarize yourself with the ROTR boarding group process and practice in advance to maximize your chances.
Thanks! I was reading a little yesterday on the ROTR process.

My best guess is that Disney may try to do away with most of their COVID restrictions for the upcoming anniversary but it is hard to say. I would think the crowds could be generally expected, but you will at least be a month past the official celebration date so hopefully it won't be quite so bad.

My best guess is that Disney may try to do away with most of their COVID restrictions for the upcoming anniversary but it is hard to say. I would think the crowds could be generally expected, but you will at least be a month past the official celebration date so hopefully it won't be quite so bad.

Restrictions are almost completely gone- just wearing masks on Disney transport.

Rides are fully loading. Monorail was packed last night. Haunted Mansion had pre-show last night, fireworks begin July 1st.

Leaving after a great trip this week, only missed the fireworks.

Except for some shows not running, fewer characters, and no parking lot trams, it was a typical Disney trip for us.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter