Show your face thread on the community board - A Bit of fun.

cottontail

DIS Veteran
Hello: I just came across a bit of a fun thread on the community board, show your face.

I know not everyone will feel comfortable doing this, I have to admit I took a day to think about it, but then I did it, well my son did it for me. lol
Any other Canadian Dis'ers up to showing their face. I think I came across a few others from the Canadian board on it.

Deb.

Hi cottontail, nice to "meet" you on the "show your face" thread! Captain Hook and I are on page 13 there and I also had Dan add the picture link to my signature.

Hi Julie, nice to meet you, what a great picture.

I tried so much to find pinocchio to get a pic with this past april, but no luck, maybe next time. I just found this thread, it is fun to see who you are speaking with. Lets hope some other Canadian dis'ers try it.

Deb.

How do you post a pic Deb?...I might put one up of me & DD with Mickey Mouse taken last summer if I can figure out how to do it.

Hi Lisa:

I am sorry I cannot tell you how to do it, my son did it for me. I think he used a scanner to scan the photos and put in some sort of code or script on the computer.

I wonder if it is on the technical page, or if someone else can explain it. He is in the middle of exams or I would get him to write how to do it. I hope that someone can explain how it is done, Best Wishes,

Deb.

No problem Deb...my son also can do it (I scanned the pic already) but he's busy studying as well (& we don't want to interrupt that ;) ). I still haven't decided if I want to post it yet so when I do I'll get him to show me how.

Hello again Lisa and anyone else interested. Pandypaws has responded on the community board under show your face at the end of the thread, instructing where to go to get help on posting a pic and lots of other interesting info. I think you scroll down and it is under - how to add an avatar.

Deb.

My family pic is on page 9. It was taken at the Toronto Island DIS meet last summer.
It really is nice to be able to put faces to names. I hope to see more of you over there.

Thanks for pointing that out Baboo, you guys are all in lime green, was that for the dis meeting, or just a coincidence, I know they ask you to wear the green ribbons while at wdw.

Anybody else?

Deb.

OK, I did it...page 15...it's easy...let's see the rest of you :). Here's the link to the thread (to make it easier ;) )

Show Your Face

Good going Lisa,
Love the pics with the characters. You even know how to do the link as well, thanks for putting it on.

Deb.

Hi Deb,

I "live" on my computer and can do pretty much anything but it just took me a while to realize that you have to upload the picture you want onto another web site so that you can use it here on the DIS. I certainly hope others do it...it's so nice to be able to put a face with the name don't you think? :D

I'd love to post a pic, how do I do it? I have pictures on CD ROM. THX S!

Hi,

The ones who don't have a place to upload their picture can email them to me at info@wdworld.com and I'll put them on my server.

I will then send you by email the link you have to use to see your picture on the web.

Have a great evening !!!

Hi Sandra:

There is a place on the technical board that explains it, Pandypaws has put a link to it on the community board, show your face. Maybe that will help or the other poster Wdworld can maybe help you.

Love the" old hag " with you Wdworld. lol

Deb.

It's so great to be able to see everyone's face!

Deb, the lime green was on purpose. It's not a colour that I would usually wear, but I had bought them when we thought we were going to get to DISCON last year, but then it didn't work out, so we wore them to the DIS meet.

Hi Charles and Lisa, nice to meet you! It does look like you got some sun that day Lisa and did you ever make that "basket", Charles? Wasn't that a fun day last summer at Centre Island, Kathy. Your family was so easy to pick out with those lime green t-shirts! :)

Hi Baboo:

I thought that might be why all had green, cause I hear about wearing the green ribbons at wdw. Well lime green is one of the in colours now anyways. I was just wondering.

It sure is fun to see who is who.

Sandra, I hope you can find a way to post your pic and how about Sammi too?

Deb.

I agree that's it's so great to see everyone's faces...let's see some more. I was hesitant to do it at first...but now that I have, I think everyone should do it :D .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter