Showing them how to do Disney the Paul way!

disney*mom*82

DIS Veteran
OK, I decided to try this out and make a report out of our trip. This is my first PTR and hope someone enjoys reading this or maybe someone will learn a little from our trip! Who knows!

Who are we?
My family consists of me27, DH29, DS12, DD10 and DD2. :grouphug:
We talked our friends into joining us this trip, they usually stay at Bonnet Creek, but we told them they need to do it right! I will call them
DK(husband/father), DP(wife/mother), DS10, DS7.
ALSO....my husbands parents will be there, we dont always do things with them, but we may be meeting up more this year. They are
DFIL, DMIL, DSIL8, DSIL21, and DSILfriend.

Where are we stayin?
Our friends and my family are staying at POR. This is our absolute favorite resort. We love this resort for many reasons, one my DH talked about alot is the boat ride we take to DTD. It is so nice and relaxing and a great break from the busses.
My In Laws, as of now, are booked at the Pop. BUT, last week, theur DD21 decided she wanted to join them and bring a friend. Well, they are always suckers, LOL, so they said they could join, onl problem is they now ave 5 in their party and thats too many for Pop. They cant get into POR with any discounted rate for our week, it is booked. IDK what they are doing now. I say tell the DD to plan something else, but guess thats none of my business.:rolleyes1 Ill have to update how this all works out.

When are we going?
We will be at the best place in the world, Walt Disney World, from March 13th-21st. We will be driving from central Illinois, so we hope for good weather for the drive, but you never know. We are home for a snow day today!

A little about us:
We are a Disney loving family! We all are looking forward to this trip, as we do everytime we go. This is my DHs 15th trip, my DS12 6th, my 5th, DD10 4th and DD2 3rd trip! This is actually our third time to check into POR in one calendar year! We went in March 2009, Sept 2009 and now March 2010. We feel like its the first time all over again, although, we seem to know more each time!
We arent really celebrating anything special while we are there this time. We are going over a month before our 10th wedding anniversary, so I dont think we will mention it. And no close birthdays. So, as I told the CM that insisted we were celebrating something, we are celebrating family and friends having a great time at Disney!

About our friends

Our friends have gone on trips with us before, but never this big of one or this costly of one! They are the type to go to bed early and we stay out til the late EMHs are over. I think we may be able to keep them up a little later than they normally would, but no matter what happend with them, we know we are going to have a blast. We really want to show they how to do Disney! THey have been a few times, but never visited all of the parks, they usually spend a few hours at MK or DHS and then go back to resort and swim. We go to a park for the whole day, each day, and do all that we can. They usually pack food and we do the dining plan. So, they have the DDP this time too. We hope to make a few more Disney lovers out of them!

We are all pretty close friends and always have a good time together. Their boys get along great with our kids. They are all looking forward to the trip, but not sure what to expect, since they never make Disney the whole vacation. I think they will enjoy it.

I better end here, dont want to bore anyone. This should get more interesting along the way. Thanks if you made it this far.

Wow, sounds like a fun big trip! I'm originally from Central Illinois, and my parents are still there. :) Great place to grow up...

Just FYI, there is a specific section for pre-trip reports, so I'm going to move you over there. When the trip is over, we can move it back or you can start another thread.

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter