Showing up early for an ADR@BOG to get seated earlier?

maddiebee

DIS Veteran
So far I've only been able to get a 9pm res at BOG but for the last night we are there. I refuse to not see wishes on our last night there, so I'm wondering if I showed up super early to our res, would there be any chance of being seated earlier? I'll be obsessively checking for an earlier time, but is it likely at all that we'd get seated earlier?

So far I've only been able to get a 9pm res at BOG but for the last night we are there. I refuse to not see wishes on our last night there, so I'm wondering if I showed up super early to our res, would there be any chance of being seated earlier? I'll be obsessively checking for an earlier time, but is it likely at all that we'd get seated earlier?

It could happen, but I would not count on it happening. We arrived at Cape May this past December about an hour and 15 minutes early. We were told that we may get seated earlier, but they could not guarentee anything before our ADR time. We ended up waiting 45 minutes to get seated 1/2 hour early.

BOG has been notorious for running very late, unless all the forces aligned and a miracle took place I cannot see you being seated early enough. The alternative is to show up right before it opens for dinner and see if they are taking walk ups. Some people have been able to get in to eat at 4:30pm.

They also have not been checking people in any more than 15 mins before your ADR. I am sure this varies greatly with who is working but multiple people have reported they were turned away and told to return later to check in. For both of our dinners we checked in about 10 min. before ADR time, the first was during the preview and we were seated about 5 min. after ADR time. The second time in Jan. we were seated almost 40min beyond our ADR time.

maddiebee said:

We arrived early in February and they told us we could not check in more then 15 min. early.

What date ar you looking for, I have three scheduled in may and I know we are dropping one of them, I could just let you have it if the dates are right.

We were there on the 12th...had an 8:35 res, checked in at 8:10 and were in and seated by 8:15...we were done with dinner in an hour. We reviewed the menu and ordered when we sat down so we saw fireworks that started at 10
Without a problem

What date ar you looking for, I have three scheduled in may and I know we are dropping one of them, I could just let you have it if the dates are right.

I am going may 13-17 and was looking to get into BOG.

While we ate there back in Nov, we also were not permitted to check in any early that 15 min prior to our ADR.

What date ar you looking for, I have three scheduled in may and I know we are dropping one of them, I could just let you have it if the dates are right.[/QUOTE]

I am looking for a dinner BOG ressie for May 14.

We had a 9:05 adr weds nite--- checked in @ 8:30, and we were seated by 8:35 !!!

I'm glad to hear some people have had luck checking in early - I have a reservation for May that I'm not sure I'll be able to use with the time we currently have. I wonder if I should cancel it, or keep it and try for an earlier time (although if we couldn't get in early, I guess I'd get hit with the $10 charge for missing it). I booked an 8:10pm dinner for 5/1 intending to see Wishes at 10pm... surprise, Wishes is at 9pm. Just got to dealing with it today and I have no idea what to do

gilesmt said:

I'm looking for August 18th or 21st. Thank you though!

(although if we couldn't get in early, I guess I'd get hit with the $10 charge for missing it)

I believe it s actually $10 per person for a missed reservation, not $10 total for a missed reservation. Someone please correct me if I am wrong....

I say just try it! We just returned from a trip that we checked in early for many meals and got right in!

I tried to check in about 25 minutes early - CMs would not allow it. When we did check in at the 15 minute mark, we only waited maybe 7/8 minutes and were seated. My concern at the 15 minute mark was that the check-in line was very long and I was concerned that we would be late by the time we made it to the front. All went well!

I would give it a shot...we frequently ask to check in early to ressies (10-20 minutes early) and have never been turned away yet :)

I'm looking for August 18th or 21st. Thank you though!

I would keep checking to see if you can get an earlier ressies. This week I opened up for may and they opened up everyday the week we are going and I was able to get several ressies at bog for that week, and each night I could pick between 4 and 4:30, or 9 to 10. I was about 52 days out, but I think it helped that CRT is closing three days that week.

Does anyone know if it helps to get last minute ressies, to call rather than keep looking online? Or both? Does it even matter which route you try?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter