Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

THEJOEL said:
I love the "it must be nice" people. Or you spoil your DD...They don't realize that I work hard and don't spend money on crap so I can pay cash for our third trip in three years.
BTW..it is nice and we love WDW.... :)

These kind if comments always make me laugh, I will do what I want with MY money that I have worked for. If I want to spoil MY child with the money that I earn, it's up to ME. I will go where I want to!

Lol :)

That drives me nuts. We have friends who say that but they smoke a ton, go out a lot and drink a lot and don't vacation. We don't do any of that so their smokes/drink money is our Disney money.

Ditto. I hear it all the time.. how can you do Disney every year with 4 kids. We live debt free sans our house . My kids dont have every "it" thing on the market ( nor do the adults).. we live within our means and set aside money every paycheck to go on vacation. We don't spend money on frivolous things except epic vacations..

Yes I love when people that have never even been to Disney say " Disney is so expensive" how can you afford it. In the meantime they are making plans to go to universal for 3 nights and spending over $2,000. I don't get it

I had a friend yesterday say "Disney world again? Why don't you just go to Florida?"

We go every other year at most. And, umm, geography much?

After a tough day at work...

"Hey, where are you headed tonight?"

"Home!"

"AGAIN?"
"Didn't you just come from there?"
"It must be nice!"

Yesterday, in class, I overheard a two kids talking about the Lucasfilm purchase, and one of them was going off about how Disney secretly owns 40% of the entire world. The. Entire. World. I couldn't help but laugh. Some people have some pretty intense conspiracy theories surrounding Disney.

Yesterday, in class, I overheard a two kids talking about the Lucasfilm purchase, and one of them was going off about how Disney secretly owns 40% of the entire world. The. Entire. World. I couldn't help but laugh. Some people have some pretty intense conspiracy theories surrounding Disney.

I wouldn't have any trouble with that. :laughing:

rebeccaariel said:

Disney does own a lot more then what everyone knows of....but 40% of the entire world I'd pushing it. Lol

I wish Disney owned the town where I live now. The downtown area and the roads could use a serious refurb!

nansmama said:
I wish Disney owned the town where I live now. The downtown area and the roads could use a serious refurb!

Lol can you imagine all of our street looking like main St in WDW? interesting.

I like this one lol. :rotfl2:

And as this post and others have said. I know a family that thinks universal is owned by disney??? but I don't think that is uncommon! lol. ;)

Nope. That's SUPER common! When I worked at the Studios, I hated being near the entrance because you would always get that guest who would ask where they could find "the Jaws ride".

But my personal favorite, and this happened ALL THE TIME, were the guests that would get to the end of main street and ask:

"Where are the rides?" :rotfl:

My absolute favorite: Many years ago, when they had just made the announcement about Tower of Terror and had put up the signs in the park, I overheard a woman bragging to another woman on a Disney bus that she and her husband were going to be the first guests at the Hollywood Hotel. The other woman remarked that she didn't think it was going to be a hotel, just a ride. The other woman smugly stated that "most people don't know about it but it will be very exclusive and we'll be able to stay there because we are good friends with someone very 'high up' at Disney and we'll be able to stay there before anyone else can" . I do hope she's not still waiting to check into her room.......

This. Is. Great!!! :rotfl:

I love the "it must be nice" people. Or you spoil your DD...They don't realize that I work hard and don't spend money on crap so I can pay cash for our third trip in three years.
BTW..it is nice and we love WDW.... :)

The "It must be nicers" rank right up there with the "Why would you go on the same vacation againers" lol. To which I respond: "Why do you go to the beach/on a cruise/*insert vacation destination* every year? Because you like it. You have fun there. We go to Disney because we like it. We have fun there."

I got the "ONLY the Rockafellers can afford to go to Disney two years in a row" spiel as well as "You won't have to pay 5.00 for a Mickey Bar if you would go camping (in Michigan) instead."

I am sure plenty of people other than the Rockafellers have gone to Disney two or more years in a row - and Mickey bars aren't 5.00 each now let alone 5 years ago when I was told that.

:rolleyes1

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter