Silliest question/comment you've heard about Disney?

I got the "ONLY the Rockafellers can afford to go to Disney two years in a row" spiel as well as "You won't have to pay 5.00 for a Mickey Bar if you would go camping (in Michigan) instead."

I am sure plenty of people other than the Rockafellers have gone to Disney two or more years in a row - and Mickey bars aren't 5.00 each now let alone 5 years ago when I was told that.

:rolleyes1

lol! Next year will be our third year in a row...I'm looking around me, but I can't seem to find my piles of diamonds and cash.. And where are all of my gold bars?!
Seriously we have found that Disney vacations can be fairly economical. They are obviously more money than a quick weekend at the beach, but if we were to plan a 9-10 day vacation anywhere that included lodging, transportation, airfare, meals and entertainment, it would cost just as much!

This thread is hilarious. :rotfl:

We once were in line to buy something at World of Disney. The lady before us in line asked the Cast Member if she could use her meal credits at World of Disney.

We were also at Pirates of the Caribbean and the ride had broke down. At the front of the ride were Cast Member politely informing guests that the ride had broke down. A man approaches a Cast Member and goes onto a rant that sounded like this "I payed 500 dollars for a ticket and the boat don't float?" The boat don't float part was very ironic over the night as Splash Mountain and IASW were also broken down.

Another one is "What character are you in line for?" or just mainly "What are you in line for?"

We also have many stories from Cast Members that we know. One has been asked multiple times at Downtown Disney, where was the monorail back to their resort.

DreamBigLiveGrand said:
This thread is hilarious. :rotfl:

Another one is "What character are you in line for?" or just mainly "What are you in line for?"

It may seem mean but on a couple occasions at various places we just start a line to see how many people will just get in it. You'd be surprise how many do!

We have family who said this SAME thing about their sons about the same age. I feel SO bad for them. They are a blended family, the boys are from a previous marriage and the daughter is theirs together. They want to take the 4 year old daughter and leave behind the boys because they don't think they'll get anything from it. Poor boys!!! I wish I could take them with us! We are taking our 10, 6, and 16 month old. If I went by her logic we wouldn't go at all as the 10 and 6 year old would be considered "too old" and the 16 month old wouldn't remember! My kids are PSYCHED and the 10 year old is even going to wear an Ariel costume. :)
Wonder what they'd think about my kids - we'll be there in a couple of weeks. My sons are 23 and 20, and my daughter is 17. All three are very excited and can't wait! :woohoo:

lol! Next year will be our third year in a row...I'm looking around me, but I can't seem to find my piles of diamonds and cash.. And where are all of my gold bars?!
Seriously we have found that Disney vacations can be fairly economical. They are obviously more money than a quick weekend at the beach, but if we were to plan a 9-10 day vacation anywhere that included lodging, transportation, airfare, meals and entertainment, it would cost just as much!

Seriously! I go on average 3 times a year and I don't see my diamonds and cash. I feel jipped :(

The one I hear the most is "Isn't it just like Six Flags?" because we have a Six Flags here. I have even heard that it is just like the State Fair. Oh my gosh :(

Y'all's State Fair must be seriously awesome. :rotfl2:

so we got back from our magical trip and were discussing WDW with my sister in law, she of the family who wandered for 2 days in MK and couldnt figure out a map. ahem. so I was asking what they thought of this ride or that attraction and she looked at me like I was nuts...then said she never heard of attractions like...peter pan, winnie the pooh, never saw swiss family treehouse, never heard fo the jungle cruise, they only rode dumbo and pirates, small world and met a few characters. in TWO FULL DAYS. I feel bad for my little nieces, wish their parents would get it together. what a waste of money! meanwhile, i told her about touring plans book, this site and the apps for their iphones. I am always ignored lol

ammag said:
so we got back from our magical trip and were discussing WDW with my sister in law, she of the family who wandered for 2 days in MK and couldnt figure out a map. ahem. so I was asking what they thought of this ride or that attraction and she looked at me like I was nuts...then said she never heard of attractions like...peter pan, winnie the pooh, never saw swiss family treehouse, never heard fo the jungle cruise, they only rode dumbo and pirates, small world and met a few characters. in TWO FULL DAYS. I feel bad for my little nieces, wish their parents would get it together. what a waste of money! meanwhile, i told her about touring plans book, this site and the apps for their iphones. I am always ignored lol

I have heard that there is nothing to do at Disney. Lol we have been going for about 7 years. Now we live near Disney and go often and still have not done or seen everything.

That is just one of the saddest things I have ever read. POOR kids. :sad2:

My ex thought of Disney as a "been there, done that, no need to go back" trip. Are you kidding?! I've been many times and there are still tons of things Ive never seen or done. Hmmm......maybe that's why he's my ex. I started taking DS - just the two of us - long before I left him.

My ex thought of Disney as a "been there, done that, no need to go back" trip. Are you kidding?! I've been many times and there are still tons of things Ive never seen or done. Hmmm......maybe that's why he's my ex. I started taking DS - just the two of us - long before I left him.

I've heard this before too. :sad2:
Specifically from people who've never been
"Why do you keep going back?"
"Don't you get bored?"

My husband is not at all impressed by Disney (at least that's how he acts). He just goes along with me and my two dd's. I always try to get him pumped up. Doesn't work at all. Lol I always drive when we go and going threw the Disney arches me and the girls roll down the windows because we love that "Disney " smell. He thinks we are nuts. Lol oh well one day maybe he will get the hang of it.

Just there last week and heard some crazy things-

(When looking at the Lego statues in DD, said in complete seriousness), "Oh look! It's Snow White and Yoda!"

Or, "There's no ride in the big golf ball-it's nothing but a gift shop!"

The Sunday before Christmas, I was getting in line for the 8pm candlelight processional as they were letting the last bit of people in for the earlier show. The cast member working the line walked to us and explained to us and the people behind us that at this point in the line, we wouldn't get into the show and we would be able to get into the 8 pm show. We told her it was no problem because that's the one we wanted to go to anyway. Then this woman behind us flipped out on the CM. She told the CM that she was Disappointed because Disney doesn't prepare for anything.

This came to mind after an, at length, conversation with a frequent Disney vacationer about Swan and Dolphin being the best hotels that Disney has.

Me: "They aren't Disney Hotels."
CoWoker: "But, they are on Disney property."
Me: "Yes but, still, they are not Disney owned hotels." Then came the looking around the Internet to prove me wrong. LOL!

My other favorite. "Is it true that all of EPCOT is inside the big golf ball?" :lmao:

I mean, that would be cool and there are plenty of amusement parks around the world that are INDOORS but... no... LOL!

Jackie

This reminded me of a really heated thread over on the Wedding Section :lmao: between people who were having Disney Weddings and people who were having Weddings at the Swan and Dolphin. One side of the debate insisting that Weddings at the Swan/Dolphin were still Disney weddings, the other side insisting that they were not real Disney Weddings because they were not at Disney.

We were having a Disney Wedding at Luau Beach (Polynesian) at the time so we were over there frequently. Being on Disney land does not Disney make in my opinion. I have nothing against the Swan and Dolphin, I'm sure they are fantastic hotels and I'm sure they host fantastic weddings, but they are not Disney and I won't accept that they are. Just like donning a Costume the second I get to the hotel doesn't make me Mickey Mouse! :rotfl2:

Oh, and when I was a kid, my parents never took me to WDW because "we don't ride rides". Even as a child I knew there was more to the magic than rides.

:thumbsup2 We're not big ride people. Most things at Universal we wouldn't go on. Our favourite rides (we're adults) is the Tea Cups, POTC and the Carousel! Disney isn't just about the rides

This reminded me of a really heated thread over on the Wedding Section :lmao: between people who were having Disney Weddings and people who were having Weddings at the Swan and Dolphin. One side of the debate insisting that Weddings at the Swan/Dolphin were still Disney weddings, the other side insisting that they were not real Disney Weddings because they were not at Disney.

We were having a Disney Wedding at Luau Beach (Polynesian) at the time so we were over there frequently. Being on Disney land does not Disney make in my opinion. I have nothing against the Swan and Dolphin, I'm sure they are fantastic hotels and I'm sure they host fantastic weddings, but they are not Disney and I won't accept that they are. Just like donning a Costume the second I get to the hotel doesn't make me Mickey Mouse! :rotfl2:

we've stayed at almost all of the disney resorts, and stayed at the dolphin twice. we were definitely ON disney property. just a stone's throw from the time we stayed at Boardwalk, or the time we stayed at Beach club.

when these people got married at the dolphin, they got married ON disney property. so it WAS a Disney wedding. I don't understand why it would bother you if this couple wants to remember, with fondness, their wedding at disney.?:confused3 maybe they didn't pay as much as you did.. so what? they had a "disney wedding".. WHY would you want to try to take that away from them? (not that you could)

smidgy said:
we've stayed at almost all of the disney resorts, and stayed at the dolphin twice. we were definitely ON disney property. just a stone's throw from the time we stayed at Boardwalk, or the time we stayed at Beach club.

when these people got married at the dolphin, they got married ON disney property. so it WAS a Disney wedding. I don't understand why it would bother you if this couple wants to remember, with fondness, their wedding at disney.?:confused3 maybe they didn't pay as much as you did.. so what? they had a "disney wedding".. WHY would you want to try to take that away from them? (not that you could)

I also would think that a wedding at the Swan and Dolphin is a Disney wedding. Maybe not as Disney as getting married at a Disney resort, but it is on Disney property and Disney influenced.

Then again, I consider the Swan and Dolphin to be a type of Disney resort simply because they are on Disney property. I know they are not owned by Disney, but they offer many of the perks Disney offers and they are right next to two theme parks!

On the topic of this thread, another thing I find quite funny is when people say something like 'we stayed at Sarasota Springs! what a lovely resort!' or 'the pool at Colorado Springs is just amazing!'

I find it funny all the variations of spelling 'Ohana. (Ohana, 'Ohana, O'hana, etc) Akerhaus also seems to be quite popular to mis-spell Akershus.

My dad calls the Dining plan the 'dine around'. So we'd show up at the contemporary and he'd tell the guy at the car park booth that we were there for the dine around. Meanwhile the CM just looks at us in confusion. Luckily I piped up that we were eating at Chef Mickey's. It still makes me laugh.

To this day, when my dad is telling people about how great WDW is, he always says how great the dine around is, to the confusion of others.

On another Orlando forum, a poster came on talking about how great Universal was and how terrible and run down Disney was. I find it hilarious thinking about when he said something like 'Hollywood Studios was a disgrace. Run down, and the Jaws ride was pitiful.' He later said 'Universal Studios was a great park. The rides were fantastic, in particular the Tower of Terror. Disney should learn from that ride.'

Needless to say, he got a lot of... Interesting responses.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oops- duplicate post! Sorry... I am on my phone which seems to like playing up on me :)

I'm not trying to take anything away from anyone or their wedding. If they are happy with their choice and had a fantastic wedding, good for them. I'm happy for them. However, there are a lot of people, myself included, who do not view the Swan and Dolphin as Disney. I would say that they have Disney "themed" weddings. I would not be bothered or offended if someone didn't have the same opinion of my choices as I did. It is entirely my choice where I choose to stay, get married or whatever and I'm happy and secure in the decisions I make for myself, therefore I wouldn't argue about it or be offended. My point here was that there are differing views about the Swan & Dolphin and as the OP said, people assume they are Disney when they're not.

This is not about a judgement value, it's about a personal opinion. I do not feel that being on Disney land automatically means it is Disney. Is the Hess gas station, Disney because it's on property? I am not saying there is anything wrong with the Swan and Dolphin, or their weddings, but my opinion is they are not Disney owned and operated and they are not the same as Disney. There are many people that love them, and we have been over there a number of times and I can't fault them, but to say they are Disney is not true in my opinion.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter