Simple Thing a Cast Member Did...

Last December, I brought my brother with me to kind of help us move past our mother passing away (not that it's something you ever get over). Well, we were staying at the Poly and were going to breakfast at Cape May. So we took the monorail over to MK and then went to the YC/BC bus area. We were there maybe ten minutes when a CM drove up and asked where we were headed. When I told him, he said that he would take us instead. We enjoyed talking about the Daytona 500 with him. So, when we got out of his van, we gave him $20 and asked him to buy a program on us. If he hadn't come, there's no telling how much longer we might have waited.

Just yesterday, we were in line at the new Mickey meet and greet. It's an awesome new space and the photo pass CM was showing us some things while we were waiting for the family in front of us to finish up. Then, Mickey, Minnie, the photo pass CM and the handler are showing us all the little jokes, etc. It was so awesome and, when his camera stopped working, he took one with ours and said for us to come right back and he'd take our picture again. We declined because we did get a picture but I also told him we were here for two weeks so we'd be by again.

One more....
Back in March, we decided to go meet Flynn and Rapunzel before going back to the Contemporary before leaving for our cruise. Well, there was a problem with Rapunzel's hair and we didn't get to meet them. While the other families in line were scrwming and claiming that time and money was wasted, I just stood back and waited for them all to get their hand-written note to come back later in the day. When I told the CM that we wouldn't be back until July 4th, he asked me if I could hold on to it for that long. When I said yes, he wrote on there "please admit on the 4th of July" and put his number down.

I have 3 experiences with CMs that made our trips special.

#1 I was at WDW with my 2 sons. Oldest DS then 5 got lost in the crush of people at the TTC monorail station. He immediately found a CM and told them he had lost his Mommy. I soon found him standing with the CM. The CM told him that because he had done the right thing and found him when he was lost he was going to be rewarded with a ride in the front of the monorail.

#2 Our last family trip to WDW we were celebrating DS #2 accomplishment of earning Eagle Scout. We were chosen as the Flag Family at Wilderness Lodge on our final morning. The Ranger who took us up to the roof asked if we had a good trip. We mentioned we had and our reason for being there. He got a big smile on his face and mentioned he was an Eagle Scout also. He had youngest DS raise the American flag and then he stood back with Ds 1 and 2(both Eagle Scouts) and recited the Pledge of Allegiance with them.

#3 My last trip I took a girl from church who turned 23 on the trip. It was her first visit. I made sure she had her birthday button on. Everywhere she went she was getting birthday wishes from cast members. She felt so special and loved the attention. It was her first Disney experience and one that got her hooked on Disney.

As a newly single mom, I was pushing my stroller w/DD (3) in it through a crazy-summer-crowded Cosmic Rays. Trying to determine how I was going to manage the tray, including our drinks-well, it was stressful. I managed to get our food and drinks, make it down the ramp, snag a table and get DD in a high chair with her food. Again-it was really crowded.. then I realized I forgot the straws and napkins. REALLY??? Now what- try and get DD out of the high-chair and risk someone cleaning off our table or sitting at our table? I was just standing at the table, my guess is looking like I was going to burst into tears..A custodian came over and asked if I was ok, and I explained the situation and she went and brought me back my supplies. Seems like something so small, but I will never forget it..and it really meant so much. I went to guest services and filled out a Thank You card-I really hope she received it :lovestruc

On our last trip, we'd gone along to the MK in the late afternoon on an EHM night. DD(5) did BBB and was having a great time bouncing along in her princess costume. Round about midnight, DS and I decided to do Space Mountain which had a 20 minute wait posted while DH took DD on Peter Pan one last time. Well, our 20 minute wait ended up being 50 minutes and DH/DD were waiting and waiting and waiting outside the castle for us. DD was really starting to flag at this point and a CM noticed. He started chatting to her, asking what a princess was doing up so late/where she was from etc and then he pulled out a little bag of "fairy dust" (mickey confetti) and told her to bring it home with her and sprinkle it all over Scotland. She was absolutely delighted and perked right up. She still talks about the time "that man called me princess & gave me fairy dust".

Here's another.. wasn't pixie dust for me, but for the guest in front of me.. DD and I were in line "first" to meet Snow White in Germany, following her short break. While she was on break, a woman with a special needs child came up and got in line behind us. We were all chatting with the cast member, and she pulled the mom aside for a min. When they returned, the cast member asked if I minded if they got in front of me. Of course it wasn't an issue..but man do I wish I would have just left the line and come back later. It turns out that the girl was very seriously ill, this was her make a wish trip, and all the little girl wanted to do was meet snow white. When Snow White returned from her break, the CM quickly approached her, whispered in her ear..and then the magic.. Snow White started twirling around in her skirt saying she had just heard about her friend coming to visit her, and called the girl by name. The little girls eyes lit up..Snow white took the wheel chair and started walking around the area with her, took her to the "wishing well" to make a wish, and the little girl was just smiling from ear to ear. I was now sobbing at this point. Not sniffling..full fledge sobbing.. I had to turn away to the back of the line, and there was not a dry eye to be found. DD kept asking why everyone was crying, and I couldn't even get the words out of my mouth.

When people ask me why I go back to Disney so often, I can't help but say "why wouldn't I".:cloud9:

It's the simple gestures that the CMs do that make my family LOVE Disney and keeps us going back:)

Here are a few of my families favorites:
December 1993 we visited between Christmas and New Year's because my brother's HS band was marching in the parade in the MK. My family had a special ice cream social with characters at the Contemporary (American Express perk I think). Anyway my dad was tired and the crowds were bothering him so he decided to head back to FW and take a nap while the rest of us enjoyed the ice cream. Before we knew it he was showing up at the Contemporary, because he said he had gotten on a bus and the bus driver was asking questions about his visit and then had the whole bus singing Disney tunes! He said it turned his mood right around and opted not to take the nap!

December 2009 (middle of month) first trip with the grand kids (my nephews). One day we were at the AK and my nephews 2 and 4 at the time were having a minor meltdown in Camp Minnie/Mickey. Well a gentleman playing a guitar (wish I knew his name) picked up on their meltdown and started singing a personalized song for the boys! He then proceeded to give the boys small animals they could keep! He really turned everyone's mood around, we just wish we had caught it on video!

June 2010 this was my friend's first trip. It was father's day and we were at the MK. My dad also joined us and had worn a mickey/goofy/pluto t-shirt that I had given him for father's day years earlier. Since it was our last day we were trying to use up our snack credits, so we decided to get ice cream. When we approached the cart by Space Mountain my dad started talking with the CM and she commented on his shirt and he explained how he had received it as a father's day gift from me. She then proceeded to hand all three of us Mickey Mouse ice creams and said Happy Father's Day from Mickey! Such a sweet gesture!

June 2011 just returned and one afternoon my friend and her DS 11 were on the boat from BC back to HS. It was really hot and the boat was packed. But the one CM on the boat had us singing Disney tunes and even had us participate in a singing contest! He really helped up keep the Disney magic going even when everyone was hot and crowded!

I know there are more that I have encountered in my years, but these really stand out:)

Last time I went in 2009, I had a magical moment. :wizard: My dad bought a watch on Discovery Island at AK. When we got back to our resort (OKW) he saw that something was broken on it (not sure what). He tore through all our bags looking for our receipt, but to no avail. So when we went to MK that night, he went to the jewelry store on Main Street, not optomistic that it could be replaced without a receipt. Well his mood was cheered significantly when it was replaced free of charge.

Oh Disney, how you're awesome

We just returned from our 1st trip earlier this month. My girls had already been given the heads up about pin trading from their cousin, so they were immediately intrigued by all the CMs wearing pins. The first night, we went were at the Grand Floridian for dinner, and after went to a gift shop. We all picked out lanyards to get started.

As we were checking out, the CM says "wait just a minute." He leaves and goes to the back. When he came out he said, "you all need some pins to start out with." He gave us each a package of five pins! Yes...20 pins total! I was so very shocked and thankful. He took a lot of time with my girls admiring their new pins and asking if they'd like to trade for the ones on his lanyard.

I wanted to cry. We had so many wonderful CMs do things for us, but this blessed us the most. A wonderful way to start our vacay!

When DS and I went in '08, we were on the train from Toontown to Main St. The conductor saw us taking a bunch of pictures of ourselves (you know, the camera in front of you and hoping to get a good shot with your head attached). Well, when we were around BMR area, she asked us if we wanted our picture taken on the back of the train. I said SURE!

So, pulled up to Main Street, she proceeded to do her speech over the PA. When she was finished, she jumped off and took our picture. Turned out to be a great shot!

Best pixie dust ever!! :wizard:

My first date with DH was at MK. He had never been. We were walking up to the Monorail and he stepped on the back of my flip-flop and sent it sailing down onto the Monorail track. So there I am standing with one shoe and no close place to buy a replacement pair. The CM working the Monorail actually had the track turned off and went down to save my shoe! It's one of the favorite memories I have with my DH.

When we went back on our honeymoon, we ate at the Biergarten and had a special 2-person table reserved for us. It was so nice and romantic.

During MVMCP last year, we were having a hard time catching up with Snow White in the princess room back in Toontown. Since it was BITTER cold out, we decided to hang out in the gift shop for a bit waiting in hopes of finding her. We had gotten sort of the runaround about whether she would indeed be there, but were willing to wait. During the wait, I let me daughter fill a tube of powdered candy. When I went to pay, the CM waved us off saying she couldn't possible take our money.

We had an awesome trip full of much magic and great memories. If you ask my daughter what her favorite moments were though....... "free candy" always makes the top 5! :rotfl: All that money to go to Disney....... and all it took was $4 worth of candy! :rotfl2:

Last summer we took our first real family vacation. Previously we had gone to places like DC to visit family, day trips to Six Flags, Great Adventure or Sesame Place. I made it my personal mission to get every available magic shot available through Photo Pass but at the same time not letting it hold up our fun/trip.

I desperately wanted to get the one where they put fairy wings on your back. I love Tinkerbell. I knew going in that this would be hard -- it is a shot usually only done during the Flower and Garden show. We spent our last full day at the MK. I asked every photographer we met and all were nice but did not have the ablity to do it . . . Then one suggested I try by Pixie Hollow where the farries hang out. There was a 90 minute wait to see them which was too much for me . . . And while walking around I met another CM who turned out to be an engineer. He asked me to wait where folks come out of Pixie Hollow after seeing the faries. I sent my husband and son off to have fun as I had no idea how long it would take . . .

Less than 2 minutes later, Bob from CT came out to tell me it would be just a few more minutes. I was then ushered through the back hallways into the main fairy room. We waited for a free teacup and he took the shot. The faries all told me I must be a very special human. The guests were trying to figure out who I was . . . I had to be someone important to get this kind of treatment . . . I tried to move very quickly as to not hold everyone up. I thanked anyone and everyone I could profusely.

And to this day I have my fairy wing shot . . .

On our last day we went to DHS. I still needed the Lilo shot, Minnie and the Darth Vader shots. A wonderful young man was able to get Lilo and Minnie. He directed me to Jedi training which was just finishing up. Two young ladies were the PhotoPass photographers . . . I asked if they could help me complete my mission and they took a shot of not only me but one of my husband as well.

My trip was truly magical.

In 2005, our first trip to DL, at the character breakfast in DL, Chip and Dale were playing around with DS (then just about 22 months old) and Captain Hook came by. DS did not like him at all, and CH seemed a bit miffed about it (in-character miffed) and stole DS's shoe! Chip and Dale chased him all over the restaurant for that shoe; CH smelled it and dropped it...when C&D got it, they smelled it, and just about knocked themselves over trying to get of it themselves! (DS had very stinky feet) AFter he got his shoe back on, he was getting fussy, and the rest of us were trying to eat...so C&D took him on a walk around the dining room for a good 5 minutes. :cloud9:

Another awesome memory is of our 2nd trip to Disneyland, back in 2006. We were staying at the DLH, and we arrived a bit early for our room. We were just hanging around the hotel, letting DS (then just 2-1/2) get some energy out, when along comes Goofy.

Goofy spent a good ten minutes just playing with DS, then DS had to pull out his Lightening McQueen hot wheel, and Goofy sat on the ground and played "roll the car back and forth" with DS for another ten minutes or so.

Then he went to leave and went in the "automagical" doors (as DD called them)..and you should have seen DS's eyes lightup. So Goofy stopped, and did some "magic" arms waving and the doors opened up again. Then they would close, he would step back out of range of the autoopener, and pretend it wouldn't open...move forward, made more magic and opened them again. Another ten-fifteen minutes with DS on that.

We finally said goodbye to Goofy, as our room was ready. We had a dinner reservation that night at the character meal in DLH (if I remember correctly, Pluto's kitchen or something)..and during dinner, Goofy comes along! He wrote on the paper table cloth "I almost didn't recognize him, you changed his shirt!". But he saw the car on the table, and it clicked for him.:laughing:

Oh, and when Princess Jasmine turned into Pocahontas the next day. We had a M&G with Jasmine the day before, and then watched the Aladdin show. Our then 12 year old DD was a bit miffed that her favorite princess became her least favorite Indian girl. :lmao: Pocahontas did recognize her, and said Jasmine told her to tell her hello.

Here are two of the pictures I mentioned . . .

Photo0313.jpg

Photo0358.jpg

Which reminds me . . . We were in the area where there are lots of characters . . . Camp Mickey I believe it is called. The line was short so we hopped on to see Donald who was dressed up as a park ranger. Just as we got to the front the handler said Donald needed a break. Disapointed -- sure but I was melting and not covered in fur so I appreciated the need for some air. The CM said to wait a few minutes . . . And when Donald came back he took our son PJ by the hand and lead him to another photo area. The photo pass photographer got some great shots. This is perhaps my most favorite of our son:

Photo0214.jpg

I also loved how Buzz and Woody fought over me . . . I lost 100 pounds but I am still self consious about myself and my weight . . . I know they were grownups in costumes but they made me feel so special . . .

Photo0327.jpg

And the last one I will bore you with is the kind photographer we met by the Noodle Station who was the ONLY one we met during our trip who could do anything from The Princess and the Frog . . .

Photo0310.jpg

Honesty every photographer we met was kind beyond belief. It was so awesome.

I have a couple...

1st- On our DS first trip we had closed MK and rode the bus back to ASM. Very tired and foot sore my DW and I got off the bus and began to organize our gear, when we look around to notice no Andy!! To our great joy we looked over to the merchandise cart to find our son happily bouncing a ball back and forth (giggling) with a CM!! It was so cool that this CM, who i'm sure was exhausted after a long day, took the time to make a 5 year old happy at the end of the day!

2nd- While dining at Beirgarten one evening, I was pulled from my seat by my DS to do the obligatory "Chicken Dance". When the dance ended we returned to our table only to find that one of my DS pins had been lost on the dance floor! My son was crushed! The waitress saw his tears and sent the manager over. The manager listened to my son's sobs and went off "to see if he could help". About 20 minutes later he returned with a replacement MM pin, plus an additional spinner pin!! Needless to say, we were all smiles for the rest of the evening!! :thumbsup2

Doug

Few of mine-

2000- Family reunion. all adults. First time we were there. They lost my brothers luggage (laptop included).. this loss was from the front desk to the room. They gave my brother an allowance to buy clothes in the parks and bathroom essentials like toothpaste, toothbrush, etc. When they finally located the luggage 5 days..yes, 5 days later I volunteered to wait at the hotel until the luggage arrived so my brother who was stressing could go have fun. For waiting behind they gave me a huge water globe with the characters in it that I love and still is displayed respectably. My brother got to keep all the clothes, etc. We still tease him that half his wardrobe is Mickey of some kind. Mickey shorts are the best. :lmao:

2004- Me and my DH went to the Polynesian Luau Dinner and after waiting in a long line to get in we were asked if we would like to sit up front for the show. Of course we said yes. During the Luau I got pulled up on stage and was asked to dance. I was kissed on the check by the fire dancer and he left half of his tattoo face paint on me although you would not know it looking at him. I knew it immediately though. lol.. Other fun stuff happened but it made the experience so much fun.

2010- I was at the Sci-Fi Dinner Theater and me and my friend did not have reservations but I thought she would like to go even if we had to wait. Being elementary school teachers (we have no shame) we bought Thing One and Thing Two shirts that we wore that day. Well, of course we got a teased by the CMs and the host that day because the shirts were from that "other park" but they were always respectful and funny. He told us that it was a 35-40 minute wait. So, we just started a friendly chit chat telling him that my husband and I had a really great time here last trip and I really wanted my friend to see this place. As we were waiting in a packed lobby, not but 5 minutes later the host whispers to me to follow him to our table, well, "car". That made us feel like we got such special treatment.

The same trip, my brother called me from a different area in park to tell me his DS10 got over heated and passed out. He knew I was not far and wanted my help to get a drink to him. I ran to the nearest vendor and asked the people in line if I could cut and why. When I pulled out money to pay for water the CM handed me the bottle of Power-aide and said, "this will give him sodium, Go!" he refused my money.
(CMs were arriving at the same time I was running there to help). Not sure if they followed me or not. The CM stayed with him until he felt better. My nephew and brother went back to the hotel for some a/c and rest.

The things they do at Disney are small to them but huge for us. It really makes a difference. Surprises from mousekeeping like how they got my my pooh book that I just bought and my giraffe from AKL and propped up the giraffe on the chair to read the book and the towel animals. Just love all the special details they do. I can't wait to take my twins there in October.

I wasn't going to add to this, but I guess I will :)

In November 2009, I took my very first trip ever to Walt Disney World. During MVMCP, I happened to see Peter Pan and Wendy by PoTC. They were playing a game with a bouncy ball and a bucket.

I asked kindly to have my picture taken with them as I was so excited. Growing up, my favorite movie of all time was Peter Pan. When I was a young child, my parents had a charcoal sketch of me done. I still have it to this day. Anyway, in the sketch, I looked just like little Michael from the movie.

After talking to Peter and Wendy for a few minutes and explaining that Peter Pan was my favorite Disney movie in the whole world, they asked me if I had anything to do right away. I told them I didn't and then they asked me and my friend to hang around for a few, so we did. When they were done meeting with the line of folks who'd gathered around, they said we were going to go on a few rides together. They said I could be a lost boy with them. And we did. I got to explore the Magic Kingdom with my favorite childhood icon - Peter Pan. It was the coolest thing in the whole world, and I felt like I was a little kid all over again. We started at the magic carpets and I got to ride with Peter Pan and my friend rode with Wendy. The handler took so many pictures of us, it was unbelievable! Best day of my whole life, I think!

I was in tomorrow land a couple of years ago, my daughter was 4 and had been to the BBB earlier in the day. While she was getting her hair done, Fairy godmother in training had told her about how they make jewels. (get a toad or frog and touch of the wand a jewel is make). Anyway while we where in tomorrow land late in the evening what does she see but a frog. So she is trying to hide the frog so fairly god mother won't find it, a CM comes by and ask what she is doing, so she tells her story. All the sudden CM is down on her knees helping my daughter hide the frog. Then when they were done she took her over and gave her a box of popcorn because tinkerbell had called and said because she was so good and helped the frog she got the free popcorn. For the next two days she was walking on cloud 9. It was a great moment, for my daughter and me.:love:

We have had so many but these two stick out in my mind the most :)

Our daughter was dressed in a Cinderella Dress that I had made for this trip..she was about 5 years old. This was a full out replica of the dress Cinderella wears in the park and I took a lot of time to make sure it was as authentic as possible, even making a headband with attached earrings and styling her hair the same. We stopped at what used to be the Kodak shop to get her picture made in front of the castle scene. While there she was oohed and ahhed over and a lovely young castmember insisted she call her "Good friend Cinderella and tell her that she was sending her "replacement" up to the castle right away and to expect her in 10 minutes." She then told "Cinderella" that "she would know her when she saw her." She got off the phone and told us that there were 3 special people waiting for us at the castle and we must be there in 10 minutes. We literally ran up to the castle all the way up Main Street and they gave us a private meeting with Cinderella, Prince Charming AND The Fairy Godmother. It was 5 minutes but felt like an hour! Later during the afternoon parade they exited the castle and danced with our daughter together. I have video of the parade and still love to look at the pics. Daughter is almost 19 now.

The 2nd one...we were with friends and had brought our Daughter who was about 8 and her best friend Dallas on this trip. Friends daughters were dressed as Belle and Aurora, my daughter was again Cinderella and her friend Dallas was "Alice." We laughed the whole trip calling her "Dallas In Wonderland". We met up several times with The Queen of Hearts and The Mad Hatter, Tweedles and White Rabbit. But alas, no Alice. On our last day in the MK the Mad Hatter was walking from Toon Town to the Teacups and saw us. He waved and said to everyone around us, "Look its Dallas in Wonderland!" He called us over and asked Dallas if she hat met Alice yet...she said no and teared up. He took her by the hand, told me "Mom turn on your video camera NOW" and said to our group FOLLOW ME! We all did...2 dads, 2 moms, 5 kids to the area where Belle read stories . He had his handler hold back other guests from the entrance area telling them "Sorry, this is private meeting" or something like that and he went into the door on the side of the staging area telling Dallas to "wait right here with your friends." He came out a few moments later with ALICE IN WONDERLAND! She was adorable, gracious and told Dallas she "heard there was a lovely young lady visiting that looked just like her and couldn't wait to meet her!" She taught her to curtsey properly and signed autographs and took pics. Dallas is 19 now...and still talks about it!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter