Since we can't talk about CBR enough .... A little action from Mr.Math.

BoyLovesBuzz

DIS Veteran
There have been a lot of reports coming in from CRO agents that know upgrades will be offered to us displaced CBR folks. We may find out that this is false, only time will tell. But in the mean time I decided to try to figure out if that would be possible without kicking people into the street

Keep in mind that these numbers are gueses.

CBR has 2112 rooms. I am guesing that Disney would have some threshold that if the occupancy was at a certain level, they would not close. Also when I called to make ressies the Monday after the APs came out, CRO told me there were plenty of Code and AP rate rooms available for my time. With that information I am going to guess that CBR was at 65% average capacity for the duration of the closure. Probably higher at Thanksgiving, probably less other times.

Displaced at any given time:
2112 x .65 = 1373. Therefore we have to find an extra 1373 rooms.

Lets say that POR and POFQ are at the same capacity meaning 35% of there rooms are open

POR 2048 x .35 = 717 rooms
POFQ 1008 x .35 = 353 rooms

So there we have 1070 people taken care of, 303 to go.

CSR is a little harder to guess. They were not included in the AP or code discounts, but they do have that whole convention thing going on. I thought I read last year that when the convention facilities are maxed, they take up 40% of the rooms. This may just be spin for the people that shy away because of the conventions but its just as good a number as any.

So lets say that the conventions are maxed, which I am sure they are not, and add another 20% for the fools that pay rack rate and we will put CSR at 60% leaving 787 rooms (1967 x .4) available. That brings the total of available rooms to 1857 rooms, which more then takes care of what we guessed our need to be.

So in conclusion there may be some truth to the rumor that they will not need to bump anyone up to a deluxe. What they choose to do remains to be seen.

Good point and I believe this would probably be true if they get the resort up and running before the busy X-mas season and possibly week of Thanksgiving. For those that are scheduled 12/20 -12/31 there may be no extra rooms at these times. People are already talking about not being able to book a room anywhere on property for 12/31. And I ran into a few barriers for 12/20 - 12/26. The resort will probably be open by this time but if I had ressies for the week between X-mas and New Year I would not wait for a call.

:Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

wow! BoylovesBuzz,
you put alot of thinking into this and could very well be true. I too am a CBR dropout and thought I'd just wait for that call. They are going to call in order of reservations. My call won't be for awhile since I just booked this room about 3 wks ago. By the time they get to me hey maybe they will run out of mod rooms and maybe get upgraded? LOL! that would be awesome!
Good point you made!

And don't forget that a certain percentage of the people already booked at CBR will either opt for the All Stars or will simply cancel their vacations to another time period.

Makes me think about how crowded POR and POFQ will be!!:eek:
Think about the crowds at the food court and pool!:eek:

Now I am glad I stayed with All Stars for our Oct trip. We will only do AS during off times because it gets so crowded during the summer, etc.
Now I am thinking that POR and POFQ will be worse ! :eek:

cindyfan -- DH and I are booked for ASMu, preferred and will be at MNSSHP the same night as you!
:bounce:
Wear your greeen ribbon! Mine will be hanging from the bottom of two (full) pin lanyards! ;) :smooth:

Luv2Roam, AWESOME......I will be looking for your green ribbon!
We will be at ASMu from Oct 8 - 14. My DD wants to be in the Jazz building :D

Didn't you also post that you have PS for LTT too?? What time did you get? Ours is for 6:40.

We will probably see you on the bus!!!:)

I can't wait!!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter