Single Day Rainforest Pass $ Increased today!

Yikes... at $34/day, I just don't see the value. That's a lot of money to pay to maybe get a tile lounger after you take your THX shower.

Absolutely ridiculous! Another price hike in a long line of increases. Disney sure knows how to hit your wallet hard in the name of experiencing the magic.

I was planning on buying day passes, as last time I wasn't aware of this option and booked a full-length pass. I went to the rainforest room every day, but next cruise is a bit on a budget, with this price increase, no rainforest room for me :( I guess I will use the sauna that comes with the gym.

Last edited:
Yikes... at $34/day, I just don't see the value. That's a lot of money to pay to maybe get a tile lounger after you take your THX shower.

We only use the tile loungers, not any of the other RR features. WIlling to pay $18 for that, but no way am I paying $34.

SW

That has always been the price with scrubs included. Are you sure OP that you didn't purchase the "with scrubs" option?

If that is the new price, so glad I bought my rainforest passes a couple weeks ago! But in all fairness, we've stayed at a lot of all-inclusive resorts where access to the spa facilities was $50 a day. $34 is not nuts when you consider the only other way to get into the spa is a ~$200 treatment.

The price with scrubs if you bought a one day pass on board was $27.

For me $34 is too high for what is offered, but also, I am not a fan of how DCL continues to raise prices steadily on various things, while offering exactly the same product. People say they feel nickel and dimed on other cruise lines, but DCL just does it all in advance.

The price with scrubs if you bought a one day pass on board was $27.

For me $34 is too high for what is offered, but also, I am not a fan of how DCL continues to raise prices steadily on various things, while offering exactly the same product. People say they feel nickel and dimed on other cruise lines, but DCL just does it all in advance.

FWIW, Disney is not the only one raising prices for the same or less. Go over on Cruise Critic and look at the Celebrity, RCCL, or NCL boards and people there are fussing about the same thing. It is not a uniquely Disney thing.

Edit to add/clarify: I mentioned those 3 boards because those are the ones I have been on recently. 6 months ago Princess cruisers were fussing about increased prices too. Other lines I have never been on the boards so I do not know, but my guess is similar.

Last edited:

Oh for sure, Dug - DCL isn't the only line raising prices. But considering their prices are already at the top end of the range and far higher than comparable itineraries for my family of 5 (and often even for 2 when I price out cruises just for DH and me), these sorts of price increases are really tough to swallow.

I think we are totally done with using the spa services any more.....including the Rainforest Room.

On our last cruise we had pre-purchased the 1 day Rainforest Room. When we went, 2 of the steam rooms were cold. I went up to the desk and told them and I was informed that they were supposed to be cold. (Uhh, no, they are not).

Also, on our last cruise, I had set up 3 acupuncture sessions and 2 massages for DH. I set this up the first day in the concierge lounge w/ a spa lady. When DH went to his first massage, he got talked out of 2 of his acupuncture sessions. Then when he went for his acupuncture session, he got talked into getting the 2 sessions he had cancelled. The problem: now the timing was rushed at the end of the cruise b/c the original sessions were already booked by someone else.
Needless to say, I was not happy at all about the whole experience. I can get better results, cheaper elsewhere.

Not to pile on with everyone else, but just to add, I felt like Rain Forest Room Daily passes was one of the few things that felt like a good deal to me. So many things on DCL seem pricey, but barely worth it. I suppose from a marketing perspective that is the perfect price point. But from a personal perspective it is a real drag. I suppose we shouldn't be surprised. Many people won't even know the old price and will just pay this one, and as long as they don't lose half their customers, they will still make more money, and in a strange way, address the concerns of those who felt that the RFR was too crowded on certain days, though personally I never found the crowds to be a problem.

Last edited:
Same as poster above. I hope it addresses overcrowding. Not a big fan of senses spa being asked to buy this and that every second, feels oddly separate from Disney, for obvious reasons. Will still buy a single day pass, just not more than a day. Considering the amenities though and it being a full day pass, compare that to hotels in cities or single time spas, it's still relatively cheap. Obviously it's smaller since it's on a boat, but it's a beautiful facility I am happy to spend $34.00 a person to get quiet time at a hot tub, read on a heated bench and enjoy aromatic and heated/cool showers.

So...who pays $34 just to have a warm chair, sit in a hot tub/ sauna and take a shower? So not worth the price. Yet another thing we won't be doing again on the cruise. Sheesh, Disney....you're killing' me!

$34 isn't a bank breaker, but 89% price increase? It's a no from me just on principle alone.

Same as poster above. I hope it addresses overcrowding. Not a big fan of senses spa being asked to buy this and that every second, feels oddly separate from Disney, for obvious reasons. Will still buy a single day pass, just not more than a day. Considering the amenities though and it being a full day pass, compare that to hotels in cities or single time spas, it's still relatively cheap. Obviously it's smaller since it's on a boat, but it's a beautiful facility I am happy to spend $34.00 a person to get quiet time at a hot tub, read on a heated bench and enjoy aromatic and heated/cool showers.

I hope you get your quiet time. The last time I was there, there were a few young ladies that thought they could laugh and speak in any manner they wanted because they were having fun.

Sadly, I feel like on the Fantasy with the outdoor hot tub, most people think it’s just like being at the pool.

I was going to skip it for that reason alone, but with the price increase, it’s a definite no.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter