Single Parent Meets

Anyone around March 13-20? A girlfriend and I are doing WDW that week with the kiddos. Lots of park time for us!

Single mom going alone April 11 - 17. This was not originally something planned. My best friend backed out at the last minute. Was already planning a kids stay in the fall if free dining came out....

Any one else going alone?

Single mom going week after Memorial Day with my daughter(4) would love to meet up with other single parents who might have friends for my daughter. A little adult conversation would be nice too:-)

Single Dad...Taking 16 year old son 7-6-2013....ROLLERCOASTERING...hitting all three parks.....Plus Williamsburg VA in June..HAHA

I am too a single mom of two girls dd5 and dd7 and I will be taking them along with my sister who is 9 to disney world November 10- November 15. The last time we have went was 3 years ago. My oldest says she remembers and my youngest has no clue. I will be surprising them with this trip they have no idea. I made it big with baskets for the car tide shirts for each day that I made and all!

Single Mom with DD 8 and DD 6 going to the world July 15th-July 20th. Staying at POP!

Anyone else going to be in the world at that time?

Hi all,

Not single but will be single on my trip with my 6yr old daughter as my wife does not want to come.:scared1: Going to be down for star wars weekend and flower and garden (May 15 -21). First solo Daddy Daughter trip. :woohoo:

My 12yo daugher & i will be in Orlando during the week of May 13-17th in disney & May 18th in Universal. Sadly, I'll be missing 1/2 of my family, so we thought we'd invite our other family members, You know, those mutual diisney fans to a mini bday celebration. We'll order a nice custom cake for everyone to share & no presents needed, just your presence will be best.

Good Morning all...

Yet another single mom.. going with my 2 boys 5 and 61/2 years old.
May 15-22, 2013.. for Star Wars weekend!

We are staying at POP.

My daughter is trying to throw me a 40th birthday where dreams come true! She's 12 yo, lol...She is picking out a custom bday cake from disney. We could never eat that much by ourselves. Would you & your kids like to come (the lobby of the contemporary hotel to watch the fireworks) join us?

:) Hi all
I am a single mum travelling from the UK, Oct 18th for two weeks with two children 9 and 14 any tips from other 'singlewithkids' gratefully received!
It will be my first time at Disney-world and my first time in the USA :dance3:

@ Bethnde1~~ It will be great birthday! I have been a widow now for almost 12 years and been doing WDW every summer & more if I can swing it with DD and DS - 4 1/2 years apart!
Tell EVERYONE it is your birthday, be nice and let the pixie dust come your way! Wish we could be there, but we are booked for late August.

@ AllyC - Read up on everything you can on these boards before you go. I still stay glued to the boards every time I go just to see what wisdom my fellow DIS'ers have.Your kids are the same age apart as mine - that works well because likely every\one will do all the attractions, and if you are split up and someone's in the next row, it's not a tragedy for the little ones.
Have fun!

Feel free to ask away! Meanwhile - travelling this time and staying AKL and BWV with my BFF , also a single parent. We have 2 young adults and three teens between us - so keep this is mind if your plans include WDW after 8/18!:hippie:

@melomouse Thanks we will have fun and are already so excited! I will take your advice and plan as much as possible and read up on here.

We are staying at POFQ I choose that as it is small and I think we are going to be in shock when we arrive anyway as we live nearly two hours from the nearest big city so it is going to be an experience!

I got free Quick service dining but I have booked a 8.10 res for Crystal palace Character brekkie is this worth keeping?

Also another question is it worth me paying for the Halloween party? Has anyone been to this ? I am tempted as my daughter says it will be fab?

Should I book and pay in advance for the photopass? any thoughts on this would be welcome? I thought it sounded good as otherwise we will not have many photos of all three of us.

Really appreciate any tips I think I need all the help I can get!
:):):)

Good Evening Ally & Single Parents!

PQFQ is PERFECT! 1st place we ever stayed on property! You shall love it!

Someone else may have thoughts on the CP breakfast - we have only done 1 Ohana breakfast, other than that, character dinners only!

Halloween Party??? We've done it twice and it got better the 2nd time! Yes, worth - but take that day off from the parks because you can be up all night - and one must never miss Hallowishes! And your kids are a GREAT age for this..

Photopass - only if you need every single thing documented- but I know nothing - never tried it!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter