• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Single Parent Meets

I am a single DM (31) and will be travelling with my DS (5) in Sept. Looking to share a few rides, show or even a sit down meal with any other singles and wee ones who will be there around the same time. :flower:

:earsgirl:

Hi Everyone

Iam a young 55 yr old grandmother who loves Disney World. Iam taking my
granddaughter who is 12 yrs old to Disney in November. We were suppose to go with another grandmother and her grand children. Something came up and now she is not going. I promised my granddaughter that we were going to Disney this year and I will not disappoint her.

Are their any other solo grands going in that month?
We are going 11/18-11/28.
Pop century and Holiday Inn Sunspree Resort

Hi There:

Geez it's too bad you are going in November. I am heading down next month with two of my six grandkids. They are ages 7 & 9. Last year I took my 11 year old grandaughter. I'm sure you will have a ball, just the two of you. I usually go every September. Have a great time.

hugs
GrannyEv :flower:

bumping us
ok we will be at MSSSHP on the 6th and 11th. ASMusic (unless I can switch from oct 4-12. ds 6 and dd 8..
if anyone would like to join us for pool, parks, meals.. let me know
Valerie

I am a 36-year old divorced mom who is traveling with my 8-year old daughter. So far, we have the following dates booked, and would love to meet up with another single-parent family to share a meal, show, or some adult conversation with.

September 30 - October 4th - POR (MNSSHP on 9/30)

November 27 - December 2 - Resort not yet determined
(MVMCP on 11/29)

If interested, let me know!

Hi there,

Single Mom (44) doing a trip of a lifetime (well... so far that is...). We are staying at WDW POFQ from 4/18 thru 4/23 then we sail :boat: on the DCL Wonder on 4/23 - 4/27. Then to All Star Movies (1st time staying there!) from 4/27 - 4/30... 12 nights total!!! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

My son will be 6 by then and would love to start chatting with other single Mom's or Dad's :grouphug: that might be going at that time... the cruise part or WDW!

Have a great Day!

Cool thread :)
I'm a single mom, taking my girls on their first Disney Cruise (mine too!) Feb 16th on the Wonder. I'm hoping to spend a day or two at WDW on the 20-21st of Feb 06 as well!! I'll be 31, girls ages are 10 and 5.... would greatly appreciate any friendships made :)

Just thought I would update my stay details, would be nice to speak to another adult in the same boat during my time there.

Myself 47 now but will be 48 the day we go, and my 9 yr old dd.

Staying at All Start Movies from next Friday 9th Sept for a week then the following week at Radisson Resort Parkway.

D

Going to be there two weeks, would love it to meet other single parents! :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc DD is 12, and I am 41. This is our very first VACATION - ever! We are staying at the Caribbean, and are doing the MNSSHP on the 6th of Oct.

PLEASE contact me, I think it would be great to meet up with other parent, especially if they have a daughter about 12! We are both very friendly and outgoing, love meeting new people, and talk to everyone in line!

DD and I have a WONDERFUL time just the two of us, we laugh our way thru Wal-mart, but, sometimes having others with us, makes the rides more fun. Especially when its a ride that holds 4 people! Water parks too. :grouphug:

So I hope to hear from lots and lots of you!
:cheer2:

We had been going in October for several years, but this year we're going in December to see the wonderful Christmas atmosphere. We're also trying a cruise for the first time. DD (11) and I (46) will be on the Disney Wonder 12/15 - 12/18, then staying at the Polynesian 12/18 - 12/23. We'll also be going to the MVMCP on 12/20!

hello to all,
found orlando a great place to go with children on your own as there is so much to do. Spent 14 days in orlando in oct 04 with my son( between i-drive/universal and then AKL at disney) and now planning our next trip for aug 06(and hoping to include the disney cruise) any tips or ideas for the crusie or for staying at Old key west would be apprisated. best wishes, Ruth

Hi guys, I am a single mom of DS 11, and DD 3. We always go to WDW, just the 3 of us. I know my son would love another kid his age to ride some of the wilder rides with. I always have to stay back with my little one and he rides alone on rides that are to wild for my 3 yr old. Our next trip will probably be March 15-20, staying at All Star Movies. Let me know if anyone would like to meet up! :earsgirl: ::MinnieMo pirate:

I'm a single mom (mid 40's) with a 8 1/2 year old DD, we live in Orlando, and have Annual Passes, so we go to WDW frequently. I do not do rides well :eek: , (Peter Pan, Small World, Haunted Mansion, Great Movie Ride are my speed), but my DD loves them. If you are going to be at the parks on a weekend or evening, and have a single child who would enjoy a companion, contact me and maybe we could meet up. She's pretty adventurous (she went on the Roller Coaster type ride in Dino Land alone this past weekend -they asked how old she was and when she said 8 they said she could go solo!)

We have a great time just the two of us, but I often wish there was a friend to take along - unfortunately most of her friends don't have passes, and it's a little pricey to "treat" too often!!! I have been known to go on Test Track to make her happy and I do LOVE Soarin!

Check out our website....

My DS(7) and my mother :earseek: and myself will be in Disney from March 14-19. Would love to meet up with people.

Hello, I'm a single mom, but my DD, well she is turning 21 on this trip we are making, but we both greatly enjoy the parks. We are also taking a 7 day cruise on the magic the week after 1/7-14/06. We are staying at POR (AKA Dixielandings).

Anyways, my daughter used to be a cast member at DL in CA and is planning on meeting up with some of her cast member buddys so I will be spending some of my evenings alone. So if anyone is interested in meeting up for drinks and the like let me know. And of course on the cruise.

Thanks Susan

KarenNY said:
If you're a single parent that would like to get together with other single parents on an upcoming WDW or US/IOA trip, please post here. You might like to share some time, meals, rides, etc.
I am cruising on the DISNEY WONDER next week December 8-11, 2005. I am a thirty-six year young businesswoman with two young daughters 8 and 11. They are so very excited. I am too! We just moved from Knoxville, TN to Indianapolis, IN after my divorce. Their real dad passed away in December 2000 so I am anxious to broaden my circle of friends on the high sea. Romance IS an option. ha! giggle! ha!

Hello All,

I am going to be arriving in Orlando night of Dec 7th in case any of the SINGLE FATHERS want to get "two-gether" in Orlando that night. Just call me 1-865-406-8872, or email me as I will have my IPAQ with me.

My two daughters are soooooooo excited about this trip. It is freezing and snowing here this week so we cannot wait to meet everyone!

BJ and kids

Single mom from Colorado with a 14 yr. old boy coming between 12-17th to the 26th, & would love to meet other single parents with teenagers-male or female. We have sceduled shows & dinners for the nights, but days are free.......

Looking for anyone else who may be on cruise at this time. Would love to have someone to hang out with while daughter is doing kid stuff. Hope to hear from someone soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter