Single Parent Support Thread

Booked a bounceback for next september. I haven't traveled alone to WDW with my DS since he was 15 months. This trip he will be turning 5. I booked all star sports becasue We are park goers. We only went to stormalong bay 2 times on our visit to YC and only made it to the pool once on this last trip at POR. I am trying to stop myself from switching to POR or to our favorite AKL since we like being in the parks!

Hi, I am a single mom. My children (DD-14 and DS-10) and I will leave on 12/29 and return home on 1/6/14. We will be traveling from Birmingham, AL. Our first stop is St. Augustine, FL. Then, we are going to be in Cocoa Beach for 2 nights and then on 1/1/14 we check into Disney. I have taken 3 trips with them before, but this is the most adventurous and our first trip to Disney without their dad. Any travel tips from other single parents?

Hi, I am a single mom. My children (DD-14 and DS-10) and I will leave on 12/29 and return home on 1/6/14. We will be traveling from Birmingham, AL. Our first stop is St. Augustine, FL. Then, we are going to be in Cocoa Beach for 2 nights and then on 1/1/14 we check into Disney. I have taken 3 trips with them before, but this is the most adventurous and our first trip to Disney without their dad. Any travel tips from other single parents?

Hi Lauree, I'm also from the Birmingham area. I'm a singe mom of a DD-6. Sounds like a fun trip. I've only traveled as a single parent. All I can say is have fun and enjoy your trip.

We are also arriving on 1/1. I have a 6 year old DS. At your kids ages traveling should be fairly easy. You also can have some great conversations and be able to hang out playing board games, cards, etc with them. What are your specific questions?

We are also arriving on 1/1. I have a 6 year old DS. At your kids ages traveling should be fairly easy. You also can have some great conversations and be able to hang out playing board games, cards, etc with them. What are your specific questions?

Mainly have concerns about traveling during winter. I have always taken trips in Spring or Summer. I plan to keep an ice scraper, blankets, food, flashlight, and first aid kit in car. Is there something else I should have? and i will take my car in for a safety inspection before the trip.

Mainly have concerns about traveling during winter. I have always taken trips in Spring or Summer. I plan to keep an ice scraper, blankets, food, flashlight, and first aid kit in car. Is there something else I should have? and i will take my car in for a safety inspection before the trip.

Oh I really don't know much about that. I live in southern CA and haven't driven much in snow at all. I've had an I've scraper and jumper cables before. I carry a first aid lot regularly so it all sounds good. If you are an auto club member you can get tips from them by calling or checking their website. Have a good trip!

Just want to say Hi ~ I'm a single mom of 3 boys. My twins will be 14 on Friday & my youngest is 10. Planning a WDW trip this coming summer. Our last trip was this past May. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter