• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Sister Wives, First Times and Lots of Wine/An Epic Girls Trip...Updated 8/13

September Update:

Woke up VERY early today to make our fast passes. Olaf melted a few times and things were a little slower than usual, but I ended up getting everything I wanted at the times I wanted...Unfortunately, this trip, I won't be riding FOP. I made a FP for Navi River instead because we will have Gia with us (I know I could have used rider swap). This is totally fine, as I've only ridden NR once and I think it's very well done. But, I will miss FOP. Who would have thought that the ride I was most dreading in May has become one of my absolute favs... :confused3

We also got a FP for Toy Story Mania, which Joe and I haven't ridden in years. Again, I will miss SDD, but TSM is a good choice for Gia. I think she will like it. I'm also hoping to pick up a last-minute FP for Alien Swirling Saucers. Has anyone had luck doing this??? If I'm lucky enough to pick one up last minute, I will most likely regret that decision after riding, as I absolutely hate spinning rides...:sad2:

Another option that I wouldn't normally make was a FP for a meet with our favorite fairy, Tinker Bell. Gia loves her and my sister was even suckered into buying Gia the light-up wings last time they were in DS, so I know this will be a big hit!!! I planned it before our dinner at The Plaza on our MNSSHP night (that I still need to buy tix for)...

Finally, we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow for our August stay at the Contemporary Resort. Yay!!!!

I will also be adding another kitten YouTube video in this report. It's already uploaded to YouTube, just ran out of time last night to add it here. The babies are getting bigger and crazier.😻😻

Last edited:

He is beyond excited! He has always been a huge fan. When he was 3, and we were in church for Christmas Eve mass, the priest started his sermon with " A long time ago..." and Tim shouted, "In a galaxy far, far away." The entire church started laughing, even the priest. So, this was totally meant to be... :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
When he rides the Falcon, he should try to get the pilot-right seat. That is the one that controls hyper drive!
If I'm lucky enough to pick one up last minute, I will most likely regret that decision after riding, as I absolutely hate spinning rides...:sad2:
It's not really the same as a spinny ride. It's a "whip" motion - so throws the car in one direction and it does very large figure-8's, but the actual car doesn't do 360 spins.

I really like NRJ and try to do at least once each trip!

The AS2 don’t really spin, they do whip you around some, I’m a little Leary with my back issues to ride it again, it is really fun and cute, the music is so fun! I’m at 24 days now yay!!

We also got a FP for Toy Story Mania, which Joe and I haven't ridden in years. Again, I will miss SDD, but TSM is a good choice for Gia. I think she will like it. I'm also hoping to pick up a last-minute FP for Alien Swirling Saucers. Has anyone had luck doing this??? If I'm lucky enough to pick one up last minute, I will most likely regret that decision after riding, as I absolutely hate spinning rides...:sad2:
TSM will be perfect.....don't worry about AS2, it really is not rough at all. Bill even rode it with no issues.
Another option that I wouldn't normally make was a FP for a meet with our favorite fairy, Tinker Bell. Gia loves her and my sister was even suckered into buying Gia the light-up wings last time they were in DS, so I know this will be a big hit!!! I planned it before our dinner at The Plaza on our MNSSHP night (that I still need to buy tix for)...
The Tink meet is so, so cute. Bill and I met her on our Saturday trip and it was hilarious!!

When he rides the Falcon, he should try to get the pilot-right seat. That is the one that controls hyper drive!
Ooooh! I will definitely tell him! Thanks Lesley!

It's not really the same as a spinny ride. It's a "whip" motion - so throws the car in one direction and it does very large figure-8's, but the actual car doesn't do 360 spins.
This is soooo good to hear!!!!

I really like NRJ and try to do at least once each trip!
I like it too!!!

The AS2 don’t really spin, they do whip you around some, I’m a little Leary with my back issues to ride it again, it is really fun and cute, the music is so fun! I’m at 24 days now yay!!
I want to at least ride it once just to say I did!!!

TSM will be perfect.....don't worry about AS2, it really is not rough at all. Bill even rode it with no issues.
This is soooo good to hear.

The Tink meet is so, so cute. Bill and I met her on our Saturday trip and it was hilarious!!
Joe, @ariane37 and I did it in May and it was so cute!!!!

OMG loved the kitten video...so cute! Kittens look like they are having a blast!

And sooo excited for Tim for the SW preview. Can't wait to hear about it! One of my bosses just got back from a trip to California and on her birthday they went to Disneyland and she got to be a pilot on the new ride there. She said it was very cool!

OMG loved the kitten video...so cute! Kittens look like they are having a blast!

And sooo excited for Tim for the SW preview. Can't wait to hear about it! One of my bosses just got back from a trip to California and on her birthday they went to Disneyland and she got to be a pilot on the new ride there. She said it was very cool!
Thanks! Tim is beyond excited!!! He is counting down the days until the 1st.

I'm also hoping to pick up a last-minute FP for Alien Swirling Saucers. Has anyone had luck doing this??? If I'm lucky enough to pick one up last minute, I will most likely regret that decision after riding, as I absolutely hate spinning rides...:sad2:

I haven't tried getting a last-minute FP, but I think it's probably possible. Like the others mentioned, it's definitely more of a "whip" than a "spin" haha I also don't like spinny types of rides. I can't handle the teacups and absolutely refuse to try anything like that. But the aliens didn't really bother me at all. It's not a super long ride either.

Finally, we leave 2 weeks from tomorrow for our August stay at the Contemporary Resort. Yay!!!!

Wow! Coming up so soon! You must be psyched!

The babies are getting bigger and crazier.😻😻

Oh my goodness :lovestruc

I haven't tried getting a last-minute FP, but I think it's probably possible. Like the others mentioned, it's definitely more of a "whip" than a "spin" haha I also don't like spinny types of rides. I can't handle the teacups and absolutely refuse to try anything like that. But the aliens didn't really bother me at all. It's not a super long ride either.

Wow! Coming up so soon! You must be psyched!

Oh my goodness :lovestruc

I am so excited to be going back!!!
Seriously, the kittens are a dream!!!!

Joe and Ashley's St Pete Weekend...

Joe and Ash spent the weekend in St Pete watching our beloved White Sox take on the Tampa Bay Rays at Tropicana Field. This has become a tradition of sorts but this is the first time they were able to see all three games in the series. Happy to say we took the Rays 2-1. Yay!!! Ashley was also able to connect with some of her favorite players. First off, Jon Jay came to say hello. He plays outfield for the Sox, but usually at the corners. Second baseman, Yolmer Sanchez threw her a ball Friday night and then on Saturday night, he saw her in the stands, ran up to her, gave her a hug, signed the ball he threw to her the night before and took a picture with her holding his jersey. Pitcher Lucas Giolito signed for her and they chatted about their meeting last season. She was also able to get pictures with pitchers: Dylan Covey, Aaron Bummer and Josh Osich. Bullpen Coach, Curt Hasler also popped out to say hi and grab a pic. Ashley started writing for South Side Sox this summer and has really made her presence known within the WS community and we are VERY proud of her. I will be uploading a video of the trip this weekend, but for now, here's a couple of pics of their weekend...

0BE61FCE-002E-48AF-B02F-AF0008CDC7C0.jpeg
Ash and John Jay
5C9723D8-08CB-4E34-8796-3C46D6A62ED5.jpeg3ED3B108-A719-4D24-8AC1-1B2AA78667EC.jpeg
Joe and Ash and Lucas Giolito with Ash

CF5642BC-8A35-48A9-9E21-6B470F148067.jpeg776354D0-1053-4C69-B024-EECF953E0CA1.jpeg

Yolmer Sanchez with Ash and Coach Hasler with Ash
484E869D-C25B-4415-8F8E-CC5D446D0638.jpeg020E6934-6A13-43C7-A7B3-635106A45161.jpeg
Ash with Dylan Covey and Joe and Ash letting everyone know this was the 3rd game of the series...

B7C47FA2-627A-4ECE-AF2F-0386168961BA.jpeg9B547CD1-CE67-4014-8FED-7239D8225709.jpeg

Finally, Ash with Aaron Bummer and Josh Osich

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter