Sister Wives

Do you mean FLDS? Because LDS families are very family oriented. Regardless of my personal feelings and falling out (my entire family is Mormon) I know I could walk into an LDS church and hand my kid over to just about anyone and they’d be well taken care of. Which is why Robyn keeping a death grip on those babies has me floored. I’d bet good money there were any number of people willing to watch Ari during the ceremony.

I wonder if Robyn feels some power over Kody as the mother of his youngest children and gets some odd sense of power by holding them close. She's the only one in the group likely to give him more babies.

Do you mean FLDS? Because LDS families are very family oriented. Regardless of my personal feelings and falling out (my entire family is Mormon) I know I could walk into an LDS church and hand my kid over to just about anyone and they’d be well taken care of. Which is why Robyn keeping a death grip on those babies has me floored. I’d bet good money there were any number of people willing to watch Ari during the ceremony.

Yeah but Meri whines she’s been shut out when she’s doing a lot of the shutting out herself.

Yes I'm sorry. FLDS.

And I'm sure people offered to hold the baby inside so she could watch outside and she declined.

I do think Robyn likes having the "power" of being the new, young wife with the new babies. It probably makes Cody spend more time at her house and with her.

I just assume that the others are so busy trying to raise multiple kids already with 1/4 of a husband. Unfortunately, Meri is the one with time on her hands these days.

Don't get me wrong. I'm really sympathetic to people who deal with infertility. But I don't give Meri a pass. She's the one with time on her hands right now. If it really was "all for one/one for all" she'd be in there helping.

I missed the part where Robyn turned down' Meri's offer so I can't comment on whether that was a blanket offer or just a specific incident. I just recall Meri flat out saying recently that she wasn't going to help with everyone else's kids. I would feel the same way. But I didn't sign up for polygamy.

I thought Robyn and Meri were supposedly close?
I think people are referring to when she wanted to take Sol for a weekend and Robyn told her no. That may contribute to Meri’s unwillingness to help or offer. Meri seems to hold a grudge on just about everything.

They said a couple episodes ago that when Meri pulled away, Robyn and Christine became close. Meri admits to being jealous and Robyn said she’s wary or getting close again.

I wonder if Robyn feels some power over Kody as the mother of his youngest children and gets some odd sense of power by holding them close. She's the only one in the group likely to give him more babies.
I agree to some extent. Notice how they seem to defer to her now?

I get the idea there was abuse in Robyn’s first marriage. Sometimes I think that’s why she won’t give up a little bit of the grip she has on her kids. But then again, the abuse didn’t seem to extend to her kids, she let them go on visits etc. I think she just one of those moms who can’t separate themselves which IMO is unhealthy for her and the kids.

Does anyone else think Christine & Cody seem really cozy in the couch interviews. I think Christine would be the one to stay no matter what.

I think people are referring to when she wanted to take Sol for a weekend and Robyn told her no. That may contribute to Meri’s unwillingness to help or offer. Meri seems to hold a grudge on just about everything.

They said a couple episodes ago that when Meri pulled away, Robyn and Christine became close. Meri admits to being jealous and Robyn said she’s wary or getting close again.

I get the idea there was abuse in Robyn’s first marriage. Sometimes I think that’s why she won’t give up a little bit of the grip she has on her kids. But then again, the abuse didn’t seem to extend to her kids, she let them go on visits etc. I think she just one of those moms who can’t separate themselves which IMO is unhealthy for her and the kids.

If I remember correctly wasn't the reason Robyn and Cody said no to Meri about taking Soloman was because they couldn't trust her because she had been catfished around that time?? I thought it was a ridiculous reason but I don't think a mom needs to give any reason to say no. But I can see Meri not volunteering to help Robyn after that. She does hold onto things for a while.

I believe Robyn has said she was abused in her first marriage.

Does anyone else think Christine & Cody seem really cozy in the couch interviews. I think Christine would be the one to stay no matter what.

This is the life Christine wants. She loves it. I think she's the realest of them all and my favorite. Robyn is just clingy and needy. Christine legit loves the lifestyle.

Well, if the offer to take Sol out of state is what people were talking about, I give Robyn a pass. Taking a small child away from home for a weekend is completely different from offering to help in and around home. I'd go so far as to say that Meri offered that as much for her own benefit as for Robyn's in that situation.

I don't give Robyn a pass either, but I also wondered if there were some issues that carried over from her first marriage.

If I remember correctly wasn't the reason Robyn and Cody said no to Meri about taking Soloman was because they couldn't trust her because she had been catfished around that time?? I thought it was a ridiculous reason but I don't think a mom needs to give any reason to say no. But I can see Meri not volunteering to help Robyn after that. She does hold onto things for a while.

Well, if the offer to take Sol out of state is what people were talking about, I give Robyn a pass. Taking a small child away from home for a weekend is completely different from offering to help in and around home. I'd go so far as to say that Meri offered that as much for her own benefit as for Robyn's in that situation.

I don't give Robyn a pass either, but I also wondered if there were some issues that carried over from her first marriage.
Oh no, I agree 100%. I just think that’s part of the reason Meri won’t help. She holds a grudge. I think it was before they knew about the cat fishing but I could be wrong.

Robyn's issue of not letting other help with the kids may stem from what ever happened in the first marriage. No one really knows what happened but I get the impression that things go nicely.

No sides with tacos? At a wedding? There clearly wasn't enough food.

o.k.-now did anyone else notice that as the discussion of running out of food came up (I think when cody was saying he ate before the speech not b/c he wanted to but b/c he was afraid they would run out of food and they showed the long line for the buffett) the camera panned over to the bridal party table where you could see ONE plate in front of each person EXCEPT TONY-he had one plate directly in front of him AND 5 OR 6 EMPTY PLATES PILED UP:crazy2::crazy2:

any wedding I've been to-be it buffet or served the bridal party is served/serves themselves first, then the guests, then if the bridal party wants more (and there's more available) they get more. it looked to me like tony wanted his 10 taco mandate upheld no matter what the realities of available food vs. number of guests was so despite being told at the planning meeting what a serving would consist of he took multiple servings (which he also did at the tasting-if I remember right he ate the one given to him then asked for more and ate 2 or 3 extra plates they had prepared as samples).

gluttony-he and mykelty just scream it through their actions, and i'm not referring to just food. they want, want, want and demand, demand, demand. I could maybe understand it w/mykelty somewhat if this was one of those big families (polygamist or not) where some kids get much more than others but w/the exception of the benefits Mariah has reaped by virtue of being meri's only child (and the whole weird 'no matter the number of kids a wife has they all get the same amount of household money' finances) the browns by and large seem to treat everyone equitably.

I thought the reason they wouldn't let Meri take Solomon on that trip was because Robyn was heavily pregnant with Arianna (I'm not sure how you spell that name) and she felt that Sol wasn't adjusting to the prospect of a new sibling very well so they wanted to keep him home in a familiar environment.

Oh no, I agree 100%. I just think that’s part of the reason Meri won’t help. She holds a grudge. I think it was before they knew about the cat fishing but I could be wrong.

It was definitely after because Meri wanted to go out of state to visit Mariah who had her tail in a knot over the catfishing thing and she commented that Mariah was super attached to Sol and was hoping if she brought Sol along it might soften Mariah up enough for her to to talk about what was bothering her.

I thought the reason they wouldn't let Meri take Solomon on that trip was because Robyn was heavily pregnant with Arianna (I'm not sure how you spell that name) and she felt that Sol wasn't adjusting to the prospect of a new sibling very well so they wanted to keep him home in a familiar environment.

It was definitely after because Meri wanted to go out of state to visit Mariah who had her tail in a knot over the catfishing thing and she commented that Mariah was super attached to Sol and was hoping if she brought Sol along it might soften Mariah up enough for her to to talk about what was bothering her.
Oh yeah, I remember that now.

Yup. You refreshed my memory. They go on and on about her catfishing so much I get it all mixed up!

But see, that makes it a benefit to Meri. If she really just wanted to help Robyn, why not offer to keep Solomon for a while but stay in town? I'm not sure if I would have let him go either. Wasn't he just a couple years old? And probably hadn't been away from much (if at all) yet.

Maybe she is really happy that Cody more or less has to pay some attention to her. I will never forget when she and Cody went to a therapist and she tried to voice her emotions on how she felt and Cody was so into Robin and saying Christine had to consider herself as part of the whole picture.

I think that Christine will never leave Cody wild horse couldn't drag her away. I think that Meri and Janelle have one foot out the door

-at the vows it didn't seem like 400 people. there were a lot of empty seats.
-it was way to cold for a wedding . I probably would have just shown up for the reception
-I'm glad Cody put his foot down about not having Robins sick kids take pictures outside but what about the other kids? He seems to protect Robin or favor her more.
-Tony was to aggressive with the first dance. I thought Mykelti's arm was gonna fall off-lol!
-Tony rudeness about his brides hair being half up. Dude worry about your own hair
-In the interview Mykelti looked swollen and like talking was even hard...My thought was ...is she pregnant already??
-Meri just seems checked out. Janelle looks like she's over it.
-Mykelti did look pretty but she and Tony are still immature and bratty.

Wondering...
-will Tony try to marry more women?
-Where will they live and how will they manage
-parenting kids. Tony seems like its the womans job to handle kids and house
-How will Mykelti handle the birth of Maddie's fist baby and the first Brown Grandbaby
-I read on here Aspen is next to get married. Cant wait to see Mykelti and Tonys attidude toward it

That and she is the only legal wife now. I wonder if that has something to do with it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter