Sister Wives

I felt so bad for Maddy, that poor girl! My longest labor was 6 hours, that child must have just been exhausted. Hopefully she had lots of help and was able to rest for at least a few days.
As far as Meri Wants to Buy a House, wow Kody really was a jerk. I get his reasoning, but jeez - he didn't have to be so careless of her feelings.
I felt so bad for Maddie in so many ways for that delivery. I was glad she finally banished the cameras. If looks could kill! And seriously, who wants that many people around when you're dealing with something like that? Well, maybe some do, but I sure wouldn't. And of course Kody was right there. He's the center of everything, including his daughter's birth apparently.

And don't forget. The house was magical! :flower1:

I felt so bad for Maddy, that poor girl! My longest labor was 6 hours, that child must have just been exhausted. Hopefully she had lots of help and was able to rest for at least a few days.
As far as Meri Wants to Buy a House, wow Kody really was a jerk. I get his reasoning, but jeez - he didn't have to be so careless of her feelings.
:confused3 I imagine he’d be getting even more criticism if he had just said “NO, we’re not doing this. We can’t afford it and it’s too big a committtment for our family.” That’s honestly how my husband would have handled it (if that we’re acually the case).

I had to "like" all the above comments about Kody being very "present" during the birth. At one point Caleb said he thought only he, his wife and the midwife would be present. He said they're the polygamists not him. Now, I'm not sure that's a reason, I just think Kody is very pushy and all you could hear was his voice in that bathroom. Maybe he was the only one miked up? IDK but I rolled my eyes when he was telling Caleb how to catch the baby. It was just so YUCK!! :crazy2:

Yes they only wanted it to be the 3 of them at the end but EVERYONE ended up being there. Caleb, Christine, Robin, Kody, Janelle. They did kick out the kids. It was like a clown show. Poor girl. I wonder if she was just too exhausted to fight with them at that point.
I hope the show is on long enough that we hear if she makes changes when baby #2 comes along.

When you want free lodging and child care sometimes you have to tolerate the circus. Completely agree.
Honestly though, he still needs to step up next time and enforce whatever rules she sets out ahead of time. A daunting task no doubt, but it needs to be done. There's a lot to put up with, but the birth itself should be about mom's needs.

WHY did the labor go on for so long and she didn't go to a birthing center or a hospital? That just scares me!!! That poor girl needed to rest. My dh just kept saying take her to the hospital.

And thank you kellykins, until I read your post it hadn't occurred to me that her DAD was looking. AUGH!

I couldn't believe when she was laboring in the tub and there was an entire audience sitting in folding chairs just staring at her. I wish that Caleb or the midwife would have followed through with the plan and kicked everyone out. Christine even knew that she didn't want everyone in there but decided to just stay quiet and not ask if it was time to leave so that she could witness the birth. Kody's "encouragement" was ridiculous. He was way over the line as usual, and it's always about him and how he knows how everything is done. No one can ever do anything without Kody's advice. Actually, Janelle is usually a very private and protective person, too, so I'm a little surprised that she didn't gently push everyone out of the room to give Maddie and Caleb their time together.

Do we even consider the first two days “real” labor? She was sleeping through contractions, going out to eat, working, hanging out, very irregular contractions. I think they played it up for the show and as a first Time Mom she was all over every twinge. I didn’t feel like she ever needed to go to the hospital. Had she gone to a hospital they probably would’ve sent her home for not being in active labor.

Just welcomed my first grandbaby a couple of weeks ago. Poor DIL was induced because her water broke and was in labor for 34 hours before they decided to do a c-section. I couldn't believe that Maddy would risk the home birth. So many things can go wrong. If she really was in labor for 72 hours she's crazy. (I'm assuming that as some else has said, much of it was show for the camera)...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter