Sister Wives

A few random thoughts/questions:
1) I don't watch or keep up with any social media other than this thread. Does anybody like or support Kody elsewhere in cyberspace?
2) When Meri was talking about how helpless she felt when Robyn's all got sick, my first thought was, "well, did you take them any food or run errands for them?". That's what the rest of us did for family over and over again, leaving stuff on the porch. If she had done that, I bet it would have been filmed.
3) Kody's lamenting that "he was getting a divorce" and he needed consoling from Janelle made me laugh and cringe at the same time.
4) I wonder how Robyn is holding up as a single wife now.
5) As someone who was hospitalized for Covid along with my husband at the same time but raising a developmentally delayed, special needs child thru it all, I had no pity. When she said all of the tests were coming back good, I wondered why she was there. The previews made it sound/look like she was critical.
6) Any updates on their Thanksgiving this year? The year-long time lag is driving me crazy!

A few random thoughts/questions:
1) I don't watch or keep up with any social media other than this thread. Does anybody like or support Kody elsewhere in cyberspace?
2) When Meri was talking about how helpless she felt when Robyn's all got sick, my first thought was, "well, did you take them any food or run errands for them?". That's what the rest of us did for family over and over again, leaving stuff on the porch. If she had done that, I bet it would have been filmed.
3) Kody's lamenting that "he was getting a divorce" and he needed consoling from Janelle made me laugh and cringe at the same time.
4) I wonder how Robyn is holding up as a single wife now.
5) As someone who was hospitalized for Covid along with my husband at the same time but raising a developmentally delayed, special needs child thru it all, I had no pity. When she said all of the tests were coming back good, I wondered why she was there. The previews made it sound/look like she was critical.
6) Any updates on their Thanksgiving this year? The year-long time lag is driving me crazy!
1) I don't follow any social media that's sympathetic of Kody, Robyn or Meri. But I hear there are some out there.
2) I had the same thought, and I agree if Meri had done any of that I have to think it would have been filmed. I also assume Janelle didn't help, but I assume nobody helped her when her family all had it. Such a sorry excuse for a "family".
3) It seems like great karma that Kody was lamenting that he was getting a divorce but none of his wives were sympathetic. This was my complaint when Meri was going through infertility and an empty nest and her husband wasn't experiencing the same thing. It's certainly one of many problems with polygamy. Spouses aren't sharing the same experiences. Nice that Kody got to see what it feels like.
4) Being Kody's single wife as he deals with all this rejection can't be easy. But I'm not sympathetic after what what she did to this family.
5) They needed their Covid to seem really serious to justify all their crazy rules.
6) My understanding is that Christine was with her family in Utah. Janelle's family had Thanksgiving at Logan and his wife's new home in LV. Meri was out of town. Maybe Kody brought the rice krispie treat turkey this year.

Well, she was sort of in the hospital. She went to the ER but wasn't admitted. Their first clue that she wasn't sick enough for admission was probably her ability to film for a TV show while waiting to be seen.
Plus she wasn’t on oxygen so that’s the first clue she was ok. All her tests were fine so she was sent home the same day. She was probably filming herself.

Plus she wasn’t on oxygen so that’s the first clue she was ok. All her tests were fine so she was sent home the same day. She was probably filming herself.
She was absolutely filming herself. They weren't letting a spouse in. There's no way they were letting in a film crew. And honestly, if you feel strong enough to film for your TV show, you probably don't need to be in the ER.

How do you go to the ER with Covid and the ER doesn't even give you oxygen?

If they look at the oxygen level and it is fine they are not going to but her on oxygen.

Kody said that he is throwing all the rules out the window now. It is a little late for that. He has alienated at least half of the family. I felt so bad for Gabe. That was hard to watch. I understand that feeling. My dad has done the same to me and I have the same birthday as his grandmother and brother in law.

If they look at the oxygen level and it is fine they are not going to but her on oxygen.

Kody said that he is throwing all the rules out the window now. It is a little late for that. He has alienated at least half of the family. I felt so bad for Gabe. That was hard to watch. I understand that feeling. My dad has done the same to me and I have the same birthday as his grandmother and brother in law.

That's kind of my point though. If she's sick with Covid but isn't having any breathing issues, why is she even at the ER? Stay home. That was not enough though to justify her extreme pandemic rules so of course she was near death and in the hospital....but she was breathing fine and all her tests were coming back ok. :rotfl2:

Oh wow! I hadn't thought of it that way but yes, his use of loyalty always seems "off." It reminds me of something like The Godfather and the expectation of blind loyalty in the face of wrongdoing. And now that you made me think about it, that feels pretty accurate for Kody. He expects loyalty no matter what he does or says. No one is supposed to call him out nor hold him accountable.

And yet he has the constantly teary eyed Meri sitting at his feet offering up her loyalty and devotion on a platter and he is refusing it - but including her in his family when it suits his needs. I have just as much respect for Meri as I do for Sobyn and Kody.

Yay! I'm happy for Janelle now, too. Christine and Janelle definitely proved they had more guts and integrity (meaning nothing was scripted show wise) to leave a situation that just wasn't beneficial for them or their children. Meri, I feel, just stuck around for the show.

Speaking of the show, tho.....I really would love it to go on and keep us up on how Christine and Janelle are doing.

More articles are coming out today about Janelle leaving. I finally got around to watching Sunday's episode last night, after I read about the split. I had always felt that Janelle was 100% on board with being in a plural family, She was the cheerleader who liked the idea of one big house and truly living as one family. She's the one who basically planted herself on the property and tried to stick it out in a trailer until her house could be built. She was trying to move the family toward being together, despite Kody throwing up roadblocks at every turn. During their awkward conversation over lunch, it became apparent that her independence and sacrifice for the sake of the family was not appreciated. Kody took every decision she made and every action she took as disloyalty. She was obviously floored by his comments. She was trying to get the family together on the property. She didn't want to keep pouring money into rent or take on yet another mortgage. He couldn't see the big picture. He only saw her going against his wishes. Such a self-centered jerk!

Now that Janelle's youngest is 18, she's free to get the hell away from Kody. Christine has to deal with the shared custody for 8 more years. After seeing Gabe break down over his father's inattention, I think Janelle is right to get herself and her kids out of that toxic situation. Are we to understand that between Gabe having Covid in January and Robyn's family having it in October, Kody never talked to Gabe? That's extremely sad. Apparently Gabe was of no use to Kody until he and his beloved Robyn got Covid and he needed to question Gabe about his experience. And to do it on his birthday with no regard to the fact that it was his birthday? It's just sad.

I haven't read anything yet about where Janelle is living. I wonder if she went to Utah to be near Christine. And I wonder if her adult kids left Flagstaff too. I also wonder how the finances will shake out. Kody no longer has Christine and Janelle's income to support the payments on the property. Can he and Robyn even make the payments on her house by themselves? Meri rents a huge house just for herself, along with her payments on the Inn. Can she, Kody and Robyn support all of that? While I mostly understood Meri's reasons for staying in the past, I do think it's time for her to move on. Go to Utah and run the Inn. Her best friend is there. Leon and Audrey pop in from time to time. Meri was staying in Flagstaff to be near the family, but there's really no family left. She can hang out with Robyn and her kids, but I can't imagine that happens very often. Kody obviously doesn't care if she's around or not. It's time to live her own life and let Kody live in a single marriage with Robyn, the "loyal" wife.

More articles are coming out today about Janelle leaving. I finally got around to watching Sunday's episode last night, after I read about the split. I had always felt that Janelle was 100% on board with being in a plural family, She was the cheerleader who liked the idea of one big house and truly living as one family. She's the one who basically planted herself on the property and tried to stick it out in a trailer until her house could be built. She was trying to move the family toward being together, despite Kody throwing up roadblocks at every turn. During their awkward conversation over lunch, it became apparent that her independence and sacrifice for the sake of the family was not appreciated. Kody took every decision she made and every action she took as disloyalty. She was obviously floored by his comments. She was trying to get the family together on the property. She didn't want to keep pouring money into rent or take on yet another mortgage. He couldn't see the big picture. He only saw her going against his wishes. Such a self-centered jerk!

Now that Janelle's youngest is 18, she's free to get the hell away from Kody. Christine has to deal with the shared custody for 8 more years. After seeing Gabe break down over his father's inattention, I think Janelle is right to get herself and her kids out of that toxic situation. Are we to understand that between Gabe having Covid in January and Robyn's family having it in October, Kody never talked to Gabe? That's extremely sad. Apparently Gabe was of no use to Kody until he and his beloved Robyn got Covid and he needed to question Gabe about his experience. And to do it on his birthday with no regard to the fact that it was his birthday? It's just sad.

I haven't read anything yet about where Janelle is living. I wonder if she went to Utah to be near Christine. And I wonder if her adult kids left Flagstaff too. I also wonder how the finances will shake out. Kody no longer has Christine and Janelle's income to support the payments on the property. Can he and Robyn even make the payments on her house by themselves? Meri rents a huge house just for herself, along with her payments on the Inn. Can she, Kody and Robyn support all of that? While I mostly understood Meri's reasons for staying in the past, I do think it's time for her to move on. Go to Utah and run the Inn. Her best friend is there. Leon and Audrey pop in from time to time. Meri was staying in Flagstaff to be near the family, but there's really no family left. She can hang out with Robyn and her kids, but I can't imagine that happens very often. Kody obviously doesn't care if she's around or not. It's time to live her own life and let Kody live in a single marriage with Robyn, the "loyal" wife.
I think Savannah is a senior. And after what they did to Gabe and the others, there's no chance she's left Flagstaff yet. I believe she left Kody, but I don't believe she's left Flagstaff yet.

Am I right that this season (17, I think?) is officially over? So do we have to wait until fall of 2023 to get any more news?

Janelle was on fire last night! And Kody is still an idiot.
Yes, she was! I enjoyed her comment about him being a part of the divorce, indicating she realized he wasn’t a victim. Having had a very bad case of Covid that landed me in the hospital for 5 days, I understand the feelings of a “near death experience“ but his need for sympathy was over the top.

I also picked up that Robyn didn’t feel the need for an apology to her. Kody’s fanatic loyalty to her is a huge slap n the face to the others and Meri is seeing it. I hope there is more in the tell-all than what they teased us with in the previews.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter