Sitters and staying out late

Hunzi

Lipstick Chick
For those of you who have used a sitter at WDW, what's the latest you stayed out?

I'd like to plan a couple of "grown up" nights into our vacation this time, but I'm not sure I'll be able to have a sitter stay late enough. I was thinking of going to Pleasure Island one night, and I know that it doesn't close until after midnight (2am I think). We probably wouldn't stick around to close the place, but I'd like to be there for the midnight countdown celebration, then we'd need time to get back to the hotel, so I'd guess it might be 1-1:30 am before we get "home". That's too late for the clubs, they close at midnight, so it would have to be an in-room sitter.

My kids aren't small, 12 and 7, and we'll have 2 adjoining rooms, so I'm not worried they'd have to stay up with the sitter, or that she'd be sitting in the dark for hours while they slept. I'm just wondering if anyone else has ever had a late night when they had a sitter.

If it doesn't look promising, I may have the kids got to a club, then just either leave PI by 11, or do something else. I just want one or two evenings with my sweetheart.

Always ;-)
Hunzi

We used an in room sitter on our last trip. I can't remember the name of the service, but it's the one Disney recommends. She came over around 8PM (after we returned from Fantasmic) and stayed until we got back right around 2AM. I, like you, had wanted to stay for the fireworks at PI. (Personally, I wasn't impressed). After the firworks we ducked back into the Adventurers Club for an hour or so. I think we were heading back to the room by a little after 1AM. The sitter, a woman in her late 50's took care of our DD age 6. They went to the arcade at the resort then hung out at the room DD was asleep when we got in.

I would plan one night with the kids in the clubs (my DD LOVES the Neverland club) where you go out and have dinner and end the night around 11ish, and then have one night with and in room sitter and have dinner with the kids before you go out and head out later in the evening. Just my two cents.

My wife and I used the Fairy Godmother service. We've found them very good and been very happy. They are a bit cheaper than the KinderCare service.
I think we stayed out fairly late, around midnight. I'm sure it's no problem, but you should tell them when ordering.

I used Kindercare twice in Oct 2000 for 5 children (they sent 2 college age sitters - and we got the same sitters the second night). The first night started around 7 w/dinner at Emeril's followed by fun at Jellyrolls. I don't think we got home till about 1am. The second night we started later (kids were in bed already) and stayed out till midnight or so. There was no problem staying out late. We're heading back to WDW in November and plan on putting the kids in the Boardwalk kids club one night and most likely getting in-room sitters for another night.
Have fun.

What I was quoted earlier this week:

$12 an hour
4 hour minimum
plus $12 transportation fee
thus, at least $60 for a 4 hour outing.

I had also called Kids' Nite Out (formerly known as Kindercare, I believe)
$15.50 an hour for 2 kids (ages 3 and 7)
4 hour minimum
plus $8 transportation fee
plus $2 more dollars an hour after 9:30 p.m.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter