Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would enjoy a glass of wine at SC if they had it. I do at BOG when we go. However, I won't personally NOT go to a restaurant in a theme park because it doesn't offer wine. Not a judgment. Just true for me.

I, for one, am glad that they are adhering to Walt Disney's wishes that no alcohol be served in the parks. He intended the parks to be a family atmosphere. I was sad when they added alcohol at BOG. After experiencing people drunk around the world at Epcot, I think it's great that there is a least one park where you can take the kids without worrying about loud obnoxious drunk people all around them. It seems that, since Disney provides transportation, people just completely lose their sense of control. Ok....go ahead and bash me now. Just my opinion and we all have them:)

I will fully admit that if I'm spending $100 plus on dinner, I want a glass of wine to go with it. We don't eat out a ton, but when we do, we like to go all out. Same with Disney. We may not TS for every meal, but the meals we do have I like to have exactly what I want. Unfortunately, the menu is not compelling enough to go if they do not serve alcohol...for me anyway. That's not to say I won't ever go, but I might skip out on the opening madness ADR rush for our next trip.

I, for one, am glad that they are adhering to Walt Disney's wishes that no alcohol be served in the parks. He intended the parks to be a family atmosphere. I was sad when they added alcohol at BOG. After experiencing people drunk around the world at Epcot, I think it's great that there is a least one park where you can take the kids without worrying about loud obnoxious drunk people all around them. It seems that, since Disney provides transportation, people just completely lose their sense of control. Ok....go ahead and bash me now. Just my opinion and we all have them:)
I have taken MANY trips over the past 8 or so years, all at different times or year. Even during food and wine when everyone is supposedly too drunk to see we have NEVER experienced " loud obnoxious drunk people all around". I think that's more of a stereotype than what really happens.

I have taken MANY trips over the past 8 or so years, all at different times or year. Even during food and wine when everyone is supposedly too drunk to see we have NEVER experienced " loud obnoxious drunk people all around". I think that's more of a stereotype than what really happens.

wow. f&w on a saturday night is like a bar scene. people all over with t-shirts like "look like a beauty, drink like a beast" etc. I love alcohol and I love F&W. But it absolutely is a scene of complete obnoxious drunkenness on Sat nights.

I just read on allears that it is walkups only through December? Is that true, we are there on 17 and 20th.

if anyone is there today can they let us know what the walk up procedure is...like what time they open and when people started lining up for a table? We will be trying to go for lunch tomorrow and any feedback would be greatly appreciated :D

Here right now. Walked up at 12:15 and we have 30 minute wait. I talked to a CM. she said they own at 11, but she can see the shadows of people starting to form line at 10:45am.

She said though that the inning time could differ from day to day since they are still in a soft opening stage.

I was so hoping that it would be CS at Lunch time like BOG, kinda a let down.

Here right now. Walked up at 12:15 and we have 30 minute wait. I talked to a CM. she said they own at 11, but she can see the shadows of people starting to form line at 10:45am.

She said though that the inning time could differ from day to day since they are still in a soft opening stage.

Wow!! Im really surprised this isn't busier. I totally expected people to start forming lines at park opening! That's good to know for when we try on Wednesday for lunch.

I'm not going to bash you but I will say I think it's sad that people automatically think "it can't be family friendly if alcohol is served"
Just why can't it be?
What about alcohol says "not family friendly"?
I personally do not think 1 excludes the other. Not at all.
Alcohol does not equal falling down drunk, or even drunk period.
When children in my life do see a drunk it's a great opportunity to show what you should NOT do when drinking.
Personally, the adults in my family opt to show children you can drink and NOT get falling down drunk.
Adults can drink and be responsible.
I think that's a very important lesson

I must miss a lot because I have not seen any drunks wandering around the parks. I will admit that I avoid Epcot on the weekend evenings during F&W, but that is because I abhor the crowds.

I see no reason to prohibit a glass of wine with dinner in the MK. I can respect that folks would not want kiosks in that park, but wine or a cocktail with dinner? Why not?

I think that those who lose control would with or without the ability to make alcohol purchases, and as to Disney transportation? No one in my family will drive they have had a cocktail, so the fact that there is one place where we can enjoy a cocktail or two together is a bonus for me.

No take out of the specialty drinks in the souvenir cups unless you are eating here. As long as they are in soft opening opening and closing times are subject to msnager's decision

Talk to the concierge today they said they haven't received any official word on adrs yet.

I think the deal is you need to remember the purpose of a soft opening. It's to work out the kinks. Until they know kinks are worked out they can't/won't take ADR. Seeing how it's has a soft opening for what 2-3 days, it's entirely too soon to know when kinks will be worked out. Give it time. They'll take ADR when they are sure they are ready

People act disorderly when they are drunk or not. Preventing responsible adults from having an alcoholic beverage is punishing the many for the acts of the few. Also NOT EVERYTHING ABOUT DISNEY IS FAMILY. NOT EVERYONE WHO COMES TO DISNEY HAS FAMILY. IT'S NOT ALL ABOUT YOU!

I've run into an obnoxiously drunk group once at MK in the line for 7DMT after Epcot closed. There were plenty of sober people who behaved much worse than them though.

My daughter had the passion fruit slushy, we shared the salad, she had the lentil stew and I had the Vietnamese chicken. You can ask for 5 grain rice as an alternative.

I've run into an obnoxiously drunk group once at MK in the line for 7DMT after Epcot closed. There were plenty of sober people who behaved much worse than them though.
ONE group of drunk patrons is very different from "drunk people all around us" I have never been surrounded by drunk people at WDW. I have encountered the occasional person or group that has had too much, but that can happen literally anywhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter