Skipper Canteen (Jungle Cruise themed restaurant) updates and ADR watch

Status
Not open for further replies.
I, for one, am glad that they are adhering to Walt Disney's wishes that no alcohol be served in the parks. He intended the parks to be a family atmosphere. I was sad when they added alcohol at BOG. After experiencing people drunk around the world at Epcot, I think it's great that there is a least one park where you can take the kids without worrying about loud obnoxious drunk people all around them. It seems that, since Disney provides transportation, people just completely lose their sense of control. Ok....go ahead and bash me now. Just my opinion and we all have them:)
What I find fascinating is how I have run into people who appear to have had one too many at Epcot but don't remember ever seeing that at Animal Kingdom or Hollywood Studios.

I think that the menu looks pretty good and I love The Jungle Cruise so I can't wait to give this place a try. The food appears to be tropical inspired and I love the glasses that the drinks are served in. Has anyone posted the full menu? I've seen various pictures of food but I haven't seen a full menu yet.

I'm a bit disappointed with the menu, especially the price points. This is supposed to be a restaurant for the Skippers, correct? Jungle skippers don't strike me as the fancy/expensive food type. I was expecting more of a counter service, fun, lively place. With meat-on a stick. And this is coming from a former jungle skipper. Anyone else agree?

I'm a bit disappointed with the menu, especially the price points. This is supposed to be a restaurant for the Skippers, correct? Jungle skippers don't strike me as the fancy/expensive food type. I was expecting more of a counter service, fun, lively place. With meat-on a stick. And this is coming from a former jungle skipper. Anyone else agree?
Jungle Cruise is one of my faves, but for our 3 night trip in Feb where we are staying at the Poly, eating at Ohana and drinking at Trader Sam's...I'm thinking I should skip it while the kinks get worked out.

I'm really happy to see a more adventurous menu in a TS setting in MK. I think there are a lot of CS options in MK. When it comes to TS there, we find ourselves at LTT several times a trip. We've done BOG several times since it opened, but aren't all that jazzed about it.

I'm really happy to see a more adventurous menu in a TS setting in MK. I think there are a lot of CS options in MK. When it comes to TS there, we find ourselves at LTT several times a trip. We've done BOG several times since it opened, but aren't all that jazzed about it.

This. We've booked all the TS in MK we have any interest in and still have room in the schedule for this one. I'm hoping to get an ADR for it for next month.

Nellie, it sounds like you want something along the lines of Bengal BBQ in DL. Does MK not have something similar? My guys like to grab a skewer for a snack.

MK does not have anything like Bengal BBQ.

I'm thinking better eat at this place before they end up having to change the menu.

I'm not going to bash you but I will say I think it's sad that people automatically think "it can't be family friendly if alcohol is served"
Just why can't it be?
What about alcohol says "not family friendly"?

If that is the litmus test of "family friendly" then MK is the only family friendly location at WDW, and then only if you don't have dinner at Be Our Guest.

If you'd like some wine, roll over to the Wave, I recommend their bar pretty highly and they open at lunchtime.

Has anyone read the article posted here? It's stating no ADRs for the first 30 days after opening? Does that sound right?

I'm interested to hear if anyone has a report on the role the servers play as part of the experience. Any schtik?

I'm a bit disappointed with the menu, especially the price points. This is supposed to be a restaurant for the Skippers, correct?
It's supposed to be a restaurant where we can be served by skippers.

Jungle skippers don't strike me as the fancy/expensive food type.
The prices are what I would expect at the Magic Kingdom. Entrees run $17 to $25. Even the burger at The Plaza Restaurant (which is very low priced) is $17.

I feel the opposite. I can get meat on a stick pretty much everywhere and it's not something I seek out or think of as a meal. I'm excited to have interesting meals available and can't wait to try it out. I know some people like to stick with burgers and fries, but there are already plenty of options for those people.

My daughter had the passion fruit slushy, we shared the salad, she had the lentil stew and I had the Vietnamese chicken. You can ask for 5 grain rice as an alternative.

But was it good? Sounds delicious (except for soup), but did you like the meal? Was it worth the hype?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter