• Controversial Topics on DISboards.com. Several months ago I added a private forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in opt-out. Click Here

Skipper Canteen menu changes

My daughter will not be happy with the loss of the mac & cheese! The old menu was more appealing to me.

I still see the Mac n cheese on the kids menu

Nah, the kids mac & cheese is everywhere! There was an adult entree called Skip's Mac & Cheese and it was baked with spiced ground beef, bechamel sauce, and pasta, and served with broccoli. It was delicious and had bore only a 5% resemblance to the other food disney calls mac & cheese.

Nah, the kids mac & cheese is everywhere! There was an adult entree called Skip's Mac & Cheese and it was baked with spiced ground beef, bechamel sauce, and pasta, and served with broccoli. It was delicious and had bore only a 5% resemblance to the other food disney calls mac & cheese.
Didn’t realize they called that Mac n cheese

I was just there first week of November. I had the shrimp, which was really good. Spicy! Sorry to see that go. Maybe people were turned off because they were served with heads on.

I am glad they are keeping the head on shrimp and the whole fried fish! We really liked this eatery, so many different and good choices.

ARE they keeping the head on shrimp? That was my wife's favorite dish there. It's showing on the menu on WDWInfo and Allears, but not on the official Disney site menu. She'll be upset if she can't get it on our January trip.

Going there for the first time in 3 weeks have been looking at menu looks pretty interesting

ARE they keeping the head on shrimp? That was my wife's favorite dish there. It's showing on the menu on WDWInfo and Allears, but not on the official Disney site menu. She'll be upset if she can't get it on our January trip.

Oh no.............. I see that they are off of the official Disney menu! That was my favorite dish for sure, I will have to rethink going there again.

You will have to let us know if it's there during your January trip. I am also going in January, but not eating there. I will try to stop in and see.

I just looked at the menu and there have been a lot of changes, and not for the better IMO. The noodle bowls and beef mac and cheese are gone. Guess I'll definitely be getting the steak next month (Except now it comes with beans?! I was looking forward to the plantains).
Ugh. The plantains were awesome :(

I had it booked for next month, really wanted the noodle bowl. Now there isn't really anything on the menu that's appealing to me. We swapped out for Chefs de France.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter