Skipping Hollywood Studios?

Drea2500

Earning My Ears
I'm planning a trip for September to October of next year. I will be traveling with my husband, my mom, and my two children (2.5 year old boy and a 10-11 month old). We aren't really into rides except the tame ones and with Hollywood Studios closing one of our favorite rides there (great movie ride), I can't see going there for a day except to shop. The only other ride we would even ride would be Star Tours and it would just be me. My husband wants to go because of the Star Wars stores. But the Star Wars land won't probably be open when we are planning on going (during the Epcot food and wine festival).

I was planning on doing one day AK, 2 MK, and 2 Epcot. But my husband doesn't see the point in going to AK (he calls it a really fancy zoo).

Is it worth skipping HS? I know Toy Story land is opening soon, but I'm not a big Toy Story fan (I like the movie, but just not over the moon about it). If the Star Wars land was open I would go, but the main reason I want to go is for the food and wine festival. My husband wants me to postpone the trip until after the Star Wars land opens up, but by then the festival will more than likely be over and I tell him it would be insanely busy.

Is it possible to maybe on one day have my husband goes to HS for a day while my mom and I and the kids go to AK? Or does everyone linked on a reservation have to go to the same park? I would get park hopper but with two little ones I think that we wouldn't be able to do that. Any tips and suggestions would be great!

I am not sure how the ticketing works... as for my own experience..We are heading to Disney in September and for the second trip in a row we are skipping Animal Kingdom.. we went there our first trip and were not overly impressed... we said when ever we go back after this years trip we will see try it again when our kids are a bit older

You can each go to which ever park you want, just one park a day without hoppers. I love having hoppers and think they are even more helpful with little ones. You can do a morning park and take a resort break and go to another park after dinner. I especially enjoy doing evenings at Epcot. We love all the parks and have never done a trip without doing all the parks. Hoppers help break up the days but even without them, I would spend time in every park. We enjoy AK very much and it is nothing like a typical zoo. The Safari is a great family ride. The new Avatar land is amazing. Plenty for everyone to do. We also love HS. Toy Story Land is going to be sooo cool, even for non movie fans. We love the Toy Story Mania ride. There are some great shows at HS that might be great for your family if your not really into the ride. Beauty and th Beast, The little Mermaid , Indiana Jones, and The Muppet 3D show are all good. The night time show there is my absolute favorite. Hoppers also make it easier to hit all 4 night time shows. It really can get overwhelming planning a first trip. Keep researching and asking questions.

We are mostly skipping HS this trip in a week. Toy Story Land won't be open, TS will be closed, no one in my family wants to ride RnR or TT, and we have an exact copy of Star Tours at DL. We are going one evening just for Star Wars Fireworks and characters, but otherwise no rides. The food in that park isn't anything we would go there just for (we aren't doing any Table Service there). If we didn't have hoppers we would skip it entirely. If TSL were open, my kids would be interested in that, but I would have a hard time using a non-hopper ticket on it, we would be bored and feel like we wasted a day on our ticket.

@Drea2500
Is it possible to maybe on one day have my husband goes to HS for a day while my mom and I and the kids go to AK? Or does everyone linked on a reservation have to go to the same park? I would get park hopper but with two little ones I think that we wouldn't be able to do that. Any tips and suggestions would be great!

Sure! You can even see the option on MDE when you list the members of your party for FPs and ADRs.
Your children are still at that rare age when you can please yourself and they wont know/remember the difference so go ahead.

This will of course change over the years and then the kiddos will want to roam the parks of their choice w/o you. Life is filled with changes even at Disney:).

We also are not thrill riders. Our favorite ride, “The Great Movie Ride,” is closed. Toy Story Land will be new when we go, do it will be mobbed. 50’s Prime Time Cafe isn’t as fun anymore since the waitstaff started toning down the humorous antics. There’s nothing for my family at HS right now, so we’re skipping it as well.

My family wants to check out Pandora in AK. I’m not interested, so they’re going and I’m staying at the cabana I rented at our resort pool.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter