Sleepy Hollow

I know this one. The witch needed to kill that specific guy because he was the ancestor of the guys who burned her at the stake. As she was dying she cursed them and said she was coming back for their ancestors. When Cho searched him out he just happened to be driving down a creepy deserted road.
I know why the guy needed to be killed; I'm just not on board with the old trope of him meeting his fate in the middle of a deserted road when how in the world did Cho's character know he was there in the first place? And how did the witch get there? If she's a spirit, can't she move by herself? If she can't, wouldn't she be in the car with Cho? No, let's have the guy's car not start so they can show the witch standing menacingly 100 feet away. I get a distinct "X Files" vibe with this show but with more melodrama and uninspired plotting. ;)

So far I love the concept and really enjoyed the first 2 episodes, the biggest problem is it's up against Monday night Football... tough time slot, DVR to the rescue.

Can't wait for Sunday.... Once Upon A Time is back! :banana:

I don't watch football, so I don't mind the time slot, and I'm loving the show! I like the casting (so far) and I am glad there was so much exposition early in the series, setting the stage for a seven-year run.

This was the only new show that I was really looking forward to watching this season. I just saw episode 2, and while I like the series so far, i feel that something is missing. I can usually tell by now whether I will LOVE it, but I'm not there yet. I'm a big fan of True Blood, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Once Upon A Time... Those shows grabbed me on day 1. I thought maybe it was the "cable" element, as I personally think cable shows of this variety have an advantage over network, but I love Once Upon A Time. I will continue to watch and hope that it develops that missing "something", but if it doesn't, I'll likely move on.

This was the only new show that I was really looking forward to watching this season. I just saw episode 2, and while I like the series so far, i feel that something is missing. I can usually tell by now whether I will LOVE it, but I'm not there yet. I'm a big fan of True Blood, Walking Dead, Game of Thrones, Once Upon A Time... Those shows grabbed me on day 1. I thought maybe it was the "cable" element, as I personally think cable shows of this variety have an advantage over network, but I love Once Upon A Time. I will continue to watch and hope that it develops that missing "something", but if it doesn't, I'll likely move on.
Agree completely. The issue for me is that it isn't compelling as the show is built around a gimmick rather than an emotional core. The fish out of water concept is cute but lacks (so far) depth.

I agree I liked the first showing but the second just didn't hold my attention. It really lost me. My husband loves it. I'll just find something else to do like read the DIS boards next time.

I'm hooked! I've been meaning to go to Sleepy Hollow Cemetery for a couple of years and we just haven't made it yet (not far for us)..now I'm afraid it will be packed with tourists lol.

I like it so far. I did't think Abby needed to be in her bra last night, they could have just pushed her shirt up to expose her stomach. :rolleyes2

I liked last night's episode. But one question: Why does he call her "leftenant?"

I'm sure I missed something, but he always calls her that.

Well, fell asleep last night but I am still hanging in there. It is taped of course so will try today to get it in. I will admit it is boring right now. :duck:

I liked last night's episode. But one question: Why does he call her "leftenant?"

I'm sure I missed something, but he always calls her that.

My parents are Canadian, and my Mom said it was a British pronunciation of Lieutenant. I don't think I've caught any other colloquialisms, so it does seem rather random.

It's not Emmy material by any means, but I am enjoying it. He makes it fun to watch. I love listening to him talk (and he isn't hard to look at either). The conversation he was having at the beginning of the show in the car cracked me up!

Is anyone still watching? It has been off for a bit, but it is new tonight. I only have on comment:

Why won't someone take Crane to Macy's, Target, Walmart, anywhere and buy him a pair of jeans and shirt from this century? He is still wearing his ridiculous clothes from episode 1.

I'm still watching! I totally agree about his wardrobe. :lmao: It is sort of sexy but come on buy the guy a pair of Levi's!

Is anyone still watching? It has been off for a bit, but it is new tonight. I only have on comment:

Why won't someone take Crane to Macy's, Target, Walmart, anywhere and buy him a pair of jeans and shirt from this century? He is still wearing his ridiculous clothes from episode 1.

I have to laugh at that one I was thinking the same thing, more like my god woman take him to the mall, his clothes have to stink. Lol

O please don't! I adore his disheveled ponytail and britches!!!

I sooooo look forward to Monday nights for my IchiBOD Crane fix!

I watched 3 or 4 episodes then gave up on it, it just didn't hold my interest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter