Sleepy Hollow

Enchanted Minnie

Mouseketeer
Did anyone watch? What did you think? I liked it for the most part. I'm a wuss when it comes to scary stuff but it wasn't too bad. It definitely had a few moments I wasn't expecting! popcorn::

I watched it. I thought it was pretty good. I'll probably watch it weekly. I didn't like it as much as the Following but 9 pm on Monday is a weak time slot(Im not a big fan of 2 Broke Girls and it depends who's playing on Monday Night Football).

I watched and actually kinda liked it. Didn't hurt that Ichabod Crane is a nice bit of eye candy with an accent to boot. Won't be able to watch next week as I will be at the World but will try to watch weekly.

I watched it. It does have potential.

Turned me off a bit when the horseman broke into the apartment and then had the modern weapons.

Previews for next week and beyond looked interesting.

I watched it. It does have potential.

Turned me off a bit when the horseman broke into the apartment and then had the modern weapons.

Previews for next week and beyond looked interesting.

I didn't like the horseman with guns either. He's supposed to be chopping off heads.

I watched as well and for the most part liked it. I also was not a fan of the horseman with modern weapons. Liked the chemistry between the two leads. Looks promising. I want to see where it was actually filmed...we live across the Hudson River from the real Sleepy Hollow.

Edited to add that I checked and it was filmed in North Carolina.....I didn't think the aerial shots of the town looked familiar.

MJ

I watched. It was okay. I didn't care too much for the headless horseman riding off with an AK-47 either! :lmao: Ichabod sure isn't hard to look at! :rolleyes1
Will give it another try next week!

Didn't hurt that Ichabod Crane is a nice bit of eye candy with an accent to boot.

I turned it on for a couple minutes. I did not find him attractive in the least. Stringy hair and a scowly look on his face. Ugh. Was that him, in the jail? Or was that someone else?

Kies99 said:
I watched it.

Dh and I said "Really????" That was a bit bizarre.

The original story seems to always gets lost in these modern interpretations.

The story wasn't a horror story about an actual headless horseman. It was, rather, a story about Ichabod Crane -- hypocrite, golddigger, glutton, and all around moocher -- who courts Katrina Van Tassel, the only daughter of a wealthy farmer. Troublemaker Abraham van Brunt is also courting Katrina, and when she is unable to decide between the two, Abraham decides the only way to win her hand is to scare Ichabod out of town.

Edit: Although the idea comes from the traditional German "wild huntsman" superstition, so...

:thumbsup2 I live here in Salisbury, NC where much of the pilot was filmed! The church is St.Luke's Episcopal on Council Street. I was also fortunate enough to make the trip to Wilmington, NC to see the advance screening in the theater!
Let me tell you, it was amazing to watch in the theater!
The really cool part was that Orlando Jones popped in and made an appearance...since cameras weren't allowed, my daughter was able to snap a fuzzy pic of him on her cell phone....but he said the action just gets so much better and that there are many twists and turns on the way.
The premise of the Headless Horseman being one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse is a little out there, but they have set the series up to run for 7 years if it gets a following...Remember when he read from the book "And there shall be 2 witnesses that will battle side by side for 7 years...." Hmm....so much can happen.
The cinematography was pretty impressive, it has a strong chance of pulling a crowd following much like Supernatural has.....we can only hope!

The horseman rides again in less than a week! See you there!:cool1:

I liked the show last night and will be following (via DVR). Unlike most, I don't have a problem with the horseman using modern weapons. Death will do , what Death will do to ply his trade. Plus, I think it adds a bit more fear to him. It goes from "Ok, he's got an axe. Maybe I can run away or try to parry with him." to "Holy POOP!!!! This just got REAL!"

I just feel bad that we lost Harold and the Kurgan in the 1st ep (perfect ironic ending for Clancy Brown). But I can't wait to meet more of the towns folk. See where the coven lines lie. And hear more of Crane's inappropriate/clueless speaking.

I thought last night's episode was OK; the "4 Horsemen of the Apocalypse" concept was interesting, but.....previews looked an awful lot like they are going in the zombie direction. Nope, I have no interest in that story line!

SPOILER NOTE BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST EPISODE YET

Split vote in our house. DW enjoyed it and is intrigued by the direction. I argue that too much exposition was given in the first episode as I already know: a) there is a group of bad witches/warlocks/et. al. who want to spring evil upon the town and planet including the now dead deputy sheriff [played by John Cho, no less--what a cameo!]; b) there is a group in opposition to them, the friendly coven; c) the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse are involved, including the one introduced tonight; d) the sheriff's deputy has a sister in a mental institution who will play a significant role; e) Ichabod Crane must never get hungry; f) Ichabod Crane seemed to quickly adapt to living in the 21st century; g) Ichabod Crane's wife isn't really dead; h) not only is there a connection between the "leftenant's" and her sister's vision and the bad juju going on, we've already seen the bogeyman, albeit fuzzily. And the list could continue.

My point is that I would have preferred for the writers to string us along with a bit more suspense. Have the first episode deal almost exclusively with Crane's resurrection and culture shock with just a little hint about what was to come and his connection to the headless horseman. For the second episode, we find out that there may by a nefarious organization with ties to the dark underworld. Who are they? Does anyone in town pledge allegiance to them? For the third episode, we find out that Crane's wife was a witch, and that there is a good coven hoping to stop some impending disaster. I feel as though we're midseason already in terms of the storytelling.

That being said, I do plan to tune in the next couple of weeks to see if the writers can stop the uber-exposition and get down to a story that can stand up to weekly viewings. . .but just two weeks will I give them. ;)

SPOILER NOTE BELOW IF YOU HAVEN'T SEEN THE FIRST EPISODE YET

Split vote in our house. DW enjoyed it and is intrigued by the direction. I argue that too much exposition was given in the first episode as I already know: a) there is a group of bad witches/warlocks/et. al. who want to spring evil upon the town and planet including the now dead deputy sheriff [played by John Cho, no less--what a cameo!]; b) there is a group in opposition to them, the friendly coven; c) the 4 horsemen of the apocalypse are involved, including the one introduced tonight; d) the sheriff's deputy has a sister in a mental institution who will play a significant role; e) Ichabod Crane must never get hungry; f) Ichabod Crane seemed to quickly adapt to living in the 21st century; g) Ichabod Crane's wife isn't really dead; h) not only is there a connection between the "leftenant's" and her sister's vision and the bad juju going on, we've already seen the bogeyman, albeit fuzzily. And the list could continue.

My point is that I would have preferred for the writers to string us along with a bit more suspense. Have the first episode deal almost exclusively with Crane's resurrection and culture shock with just a little hint about what was to come and his connection to the headless horseman. For the second episode, we find out that there may by a nefarious organization with ties to the dark underworld. Who are they? Does anyone in town pledge allegiance to them? For the third episode, we find out that Crane's wife was a witch, and that there is a good coven hoping to stop some impending disaster. I feel as though we're midseason already in terms of the storytelling.

That being said, I do plan to tune in the next couple of weeks to see if the writers can stop the uber-exposition and get down to a story that can stand up to weekly viewings. . .but just two weeks will I give them. ;)

I am the opposite. I liked that some things were spelled out right up front. I hate shows that drag things out for years until you don't care about the story any more.

I think those things needed to be explained up front so we can follow the stories going forward.

I am in the camp that the horseman with the modern weapon was offputting. I found the use of an axe to be scarier than the gun, if only because it is go unusual. Plus the axe is huge which makes it so much more menacing. I know in my head the gun is more deadly than the axe but it seems so routine in shows.

I watched it, expected it to be pretty dumb. Once it got rolling, I actually found it very entertaining. I like Crane, he's easy on the eyes and ears, and was pretty darn funny!
My dd and I also commented on the horsemans guns, but oh well.
I hope it actually gets creepier, I love creepy shows and want it to go a little darker.
I was sad about John Cho, when I saw he was in it, I wanted him to be a good guy/long lasting character.

I haven't watched it yet but want to....wondering if its age appropriate for 9-11 yr olds? They watch Once Upon a Time and love it, so wondering if this would be similar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter