Slide Outs in Motor Homes

notallboys

Earning My Ears
This is probably a silly question but here goes...My husband I recently attended our local RV show. While we were touring the motorhomes, all of the slide outs were in the out position but it appeared as if there would be very little room (if any) to get to the back of the Motorhome when they were slid in for travel. Is it possible to get to the restroom while traveling? I asked one of the sales reps at the show and he could not tell me for sure. Not that I really want to attempt to use the loo while hurdling down the highway but ya never know...:rotfl2:

I would say yes but I guess you could have a current graduate of College who majored in Engineering that designed that model.

Also, IMHO, I would not buy anything from that sales person.

I have never been in a MH yet that didn't allow you access to the potty when the slides were in. I have one long slide and a shorter slide on the other side and I can still get to it. It's a little tighter than I like but it's definitely doable.

Unless the MH is something unique, You absolutely can move from front to back in it with the slides in.
In my MH if I want to get to the back closet in the BR, I have to climb over the bed.
You can certainly move about with no problem. I make lunch, snacks etc. will blasting down the road.
I have to wonder about the knowledge of a salesman that would not know this info.

I think that's a very a valid question - we have friends who have a TT with a slide that blocks entrance to the kids' bunkhouse room when the slide is is in. What a pain for loading and putting on fresh bedding and quick overnights on the road, etc. I wouldn't *think* that they'd ever design one without access to the potty when the slides are in, but you never know!

The only thing we cannot access while the slideouts are in, is the lower drawers in the bedroom.

Which also means that if I take a nap in a rest area without the bedroom slide out, the wall is my footboard. Not to mention, I have to crawl over my other half to get to my side of the bed.
:upsidedow

the only thing we cannot access while the slideouts are in, is the lower drawers in the bedroom.

Which also means that if i take a nap in a rest area without the bedroom slide out, the wall is my footboard. Not to mention, i have to crawl over my other half to get to my side of the bed.
:upsidedow

x2

With the slides in, we have about 2.5 feet of hallway from the front to the bathroom. About 18" clearance to walk around the end of the bed.

The salesman should definitely been able to answer your question!

Unless the MH is something unique, You absolutely can move from front to back in it with the slides in.
In my MH if I want to get to the back closet in the BR, I have to climb over the bed.
You can certainly move about with no problem. I make lunch, snacks etc. will blasting down the road.I have to wonder about the knowledge of a salesman that would not know this info.

Who's driving?:eek:

Who's driving?:eek:

Isn't that what cruise control is for? :)

We can pretty much access everything in our MH with the slides in. Just the lower cabinets are covered in the bedroom. To me, traveling with the slides in make it feel cozy, then after we get to where we are going and put the slides out, it feels like a different place. I love traveling in a motorhome.

Isn't that what cruise control is for? :)

We can pretty much access everything in our MH with the slides in. Just the lower cabinets are covered in the bedroom. To me, traveling with the slides in make it feel cozy, then after we get to where we are going and put the slides out, it feels like a different place. I love traveling in a motorhome.

Does that mean when you travel with the slides out, it ain't cozy?:laughing:

Why didn't the salesman just bring the slide in to see? I've been to shows before and actually have done it myself to see clearance issues, that is why they have shows in the first place, to try out the RV's. Would you buy a car without test driving it? Like someone else said, if the salesman didn't suggest doing that, he wasn't a good salesman and could care less. Just a suggestion, find another dealer.

Best Regards,
Norm

Why didn't the salesman just bring the slide in to see? I've been to shows before and actually have done it myself to see clearance issues, that is why they have shows in the first place, to try out the RV's. Would you buy a car without test driving it? Like someone else said, if the salesman didn't suggest doing that, he wasn't a god salesman and could care less. Just a suggestion, find another dealer.

Best Regards,
Norm

Why didn't the salesman just bring the slide in to see? I've been to shows before and actually have done it myself to see clearance issues, that is why they have shows in the first place, to try out the RV's. Would you buy a car without test driving it? Like someone else said, if the salesman didn't suggest doing that, he wasn't a god salesman and could care less. Just a suggestion, find another dealer.

Best Regards,
Norm

I know in a situation like that, I don't touch it. Because if I break it I sure ain't buying it.

We have access to everything when the slide is in, (we only have 1 slide), it is just more cozy. We do love our slide, it does give you quite a bit more room

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter