Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 4 4.0%

• Total voters

slo

My tag used to say - I'm a Tonga Toast Junkie 😁
What’s your opinion of coconut?

I am not a fan - at all :sad2:
There’s something about the texture that I don‘t like.
I love the smell of it though :)

Don’t like it. Toasted is more tolerable than untoasted. (My husband LOVES coconut so I do eat it occasionally but I’d never choose it myself.) I do like the smell, though.

Love it. My favorite candy is Almond Joy! German chocolate is my favorite cake. Got to have coconut in my desserts.

And I happen to love to drink Blue Hawaiians and Pina Coladas and getting caught in the rain......

And I buy my kids coconut scented body wash and shampoo, so they smell pretty to me...... I use H20+ Beauty products, so I can't really get my fix through my own products - though I do have some Coconut Verbena body wash and lotion in the cupboard, we'll see how that goes. In the summer, I only use Hawaiian Tropic suntan lotion.... Actually, kinda sad, a few years ago, DH took us all to Hawaii. One of the hotels we stayed at in Honolulu had Hawaiian Tropic toiletries. They smell AMAZING! I wish I could just go down to the local drug store and get more, but they only sell it to hotels. 😭

One caveat, I don't do curries with coconut milk in them, upsets my stomach.

When I was a kid, our neighbor had a coconut palm in his yard. We kids loved fresh coconut. My mom used the milk in her coconut cake. There is a huge difference between fresh coconut and the stuff you buy in the bag in the grocery store.

Don’t like it. Toasted is more tolerable than untoasted. (My husband LOVES coconut so I do eat it occasionally but I’d never choose it myself.) I do like the smell, though.
You got me thinking. My local bakery does a bunch of different coconut donuts. AMAZING.

Plain coconut donuts. Toasted coconut donuts. Chocolate glaze donuts dipped in coconut.....

I’ve done a lot of projects in rural poor areas of Africa and often a fresh coconut is the only thing a local has to share and it’s not polite to refuse it. So they take a machete and hack it open right off the tree and you drink the liquid then they take the machete and slice out the meat slim a long strip and you have to eat it. This happens sooooo often in a day and I do not enjoy it, but have to do it. Yuck.

I like it in some things. I like the Mounds bars, coconut cream pie, pina coladas and if it’s on a dessert. I’ve tried other things with coconut and the texture or taste just turns me off. My dad likes Haagen Dazs tropical sone thing ice cream and it’s passable as it tastes like a pina colada but wouldn’t choose it myself. At a caribbean resort they had coconut ice cream, not tropical, just coconut and didn’t care for it.

I never liked coconut until I went to Hawaii and had fresh coconut. I still only like fresh.

I don’t like coconut. But I love it in cakes and pies with all that sugar mixed in with it.

I love coconut 🥥 and I think it really adds to baked goods. I’ve never had the opportunity to try a fresh, young coconut but I’d like to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter