slo’s THURSDAY poll - Palmer Chocolate

Palmer Chocolate - What’s your opinion of this?

• I love it

Votes: 1 0.9%
  • I like it

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • I somewhat like it

• It’s just ok

Votes: 8 7.1%
  • It’s edible

Votes: 11 9.7%
  • I don’t like it

Votes: 53 46.9%
  • I don’t like any chocolate

• I can’t eat any chocolate due to health reasons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I’ve never tried Palmer Chocolate

Votes: 31 27.4%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 5 4.4%

• Total voters
I am a weirdo and actually like it.. can't wait for the after easter deals..lol

Palmers gets a "No" (or at least a "No, thank you.") from me, personally, but my kids never minded it. And they like the novelty shapes/wrappers that they have for different holidays. This year I bought a bag of pretzel filled chocolate eggs that my son really loved.

LOL, I think that perfectly explains just how bad it is then.
It was a good explanation but not quite perfect. It gets worse. You see, as hard as it may be to believe, their chocolaty flavored stuff is actually better than their chocolate......

I would rather eat someone else's ear wax than anything put out by Palmer's.
Ahhhh but you digress. You just said you'd rather eat Palmer's than Palmer's.

I won't eat it. I love chocolate but won't waste calories on that or white chocolate.

Some friends brought me a tiny Easter basket yesterday with jelly beans and chocolate eggs. One taste of the chocolate and I knew it was Palmer's. Just not in the same class as the "good stuff."
I agree, not in the same class as “the good stuff.”

I had eaten it and enjoyed it when I was a kid.

What a coincidence. I was browsing Walmart earlier today and saw this.

I've always liked looking to see if any easter bunnies had their ears snapped off or got beheaded. Poor, poor bunny.

Walmart had a wide selection of Palmer junk, including religious items like praying hands, a cross, and a fish. Not sure how the fish relates to Easter.

Other cheapo crappy chocolate novelty brands are Farley and Frankfort.

It's not chocolate. They use tropical oils as fillers instead of real cocoa butter.

There was a time when it wasn't legal in the US to sell "white chocolate" since it was usually made of cocoa butter but otherwise didn't contain any cacao solids. But these days they'll usually call it "white confectionary" something because it's not even made with real cocoa butter.

I only eat Dark chocolate. Most of the Milk chocolate out there is just too sweet and not very chocolatey.

I don’t eat it, but I do buy the hollow bunnies for the kids’ Easter baskets. They aren’t picky (yet).

I know it's not good, but I still have a nostalgic fondness for it from childhood. Some years I still get one of their smallest hollow Easter bunnies for old times' sake.
This year I just got a small Russell Stover solid milk chocolate bunny. Now that is good stuff.

I know it's not good, but I still have a nostalgic fondness for it from childhood. Some years I still get one of their smallest hollow Easter bunnies for old times' sake.
This year I just got a small Russell Stover solid milk chocolate bunny. Now that is good stuff.
I realized that I bought Russell Stover for the kids this year because that’s what Target had when I went. So maybe our days of cheap Palmer’s are over.

It's "chocolate", not chocolate. Like Kraft singles aren't called cheese but "cheese food product".

I used to eat it when I was younger but nowadays, no thanks. Real chocolate products are not that much more expensive.

Chocolate and I have such a good relationship that I'll eat just about any of it that's offered to me - don't buy much chocolate for myself as I don't eat too much junk food or sugary snacks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter