slo’s TUESDAY poll - Coloring Easter Eggs

Coloring Easter Eggs - Is your family doing this this year?

• Yes - Today/Tuesday

Votes: 1 1.8%
  • Yes - Wednesday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - Thursday

• Yes - Friday

Votes: 8 14.0%
  • Yes - Saturday

Votes: 7 12.3%
  • Yes - Easter Sunday

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yes - haven’t decided which day

Votes: 3 5.3%
  • No - we aren’t coloring this year - why?

Votes: 32 56.1%
  • We are undecided

Votes: 4 7.0%
  • Other - please post your answer

• Total voters
I said Friday. Always on Good Friday. It’s been tradition since I have been little. When I had kids they did it than too.

Both are older now but I still do a dozen for my husband and I . Wouldn’t be Easter without coloured eggs. We use them mostly for egg salad sandwiches after but before they are my decorations on my table at Easter. I know they should be in the fridge but my mom always kept them out all day Easter Sunday or in our Easter baskets overnight. We never got sick?

We also used to do the plastic eggs for hunt...120 of them . Glad I don’t have to do that anymore very time consuming. Plus sometimes we would hide them so good we were still finding them months later... all were hidden in the house. So I always keep count to know what was still out there...lol

Is Good Friday not a holiday in the U.S. we are shut down here .

Yes, on Friday. We have my little Godson/cousin who lives with us, and we'll also have my aunt's other great-grandchild for a few days this week (he's 4.) Since he's going home early Saturday morning, we'll dye a bunch of eggs Friday night. They dunk and redunk them in so many different colors they all come out some horrible shade of gray, but they have fun.

I think we probably will (Saturday probably), although it will be weird this year.

My youngest (16) still wanted to do it. She can't eat the dyed eggs (reacts to food dyes) but she enjoys coloring them. I bought the dye kit, but then she got a last minute invitation to join my sister's family for spring break and won't be back till late Saturday night.

My college son will be home for the weekend (I managed to score a COVID appointment for him on Saturday) but I doubt he'll have any interest in dying eggs.

However, my husband thinks it's "tradition" to eat dyed Easter eggs and cinnamon rolls for Easter breakfast (plus some undyed ones for my daughter.) So I guess he and I will be dying eggs this year. For what it's worth his 75 year old mom still dyes eggs for herself for Easter breakfast, too.

I voted undecided. When DS was younger, we always colored some for fun, but after photos they stayed in the fridge for snacks/deviled eggs/egg salad. (We used plastic ones for egg hunts.)

The trouble is, I don’t have a big gathering to bring deviled ones to this year, DH doesn’t like them plain (and I don’t need that many) and by Easter, he’s sick of egg salad sandwiches because of eating them for lunch on Fridays during Lent.

So unless DS wants to do them for nostalgia’s sake, I might skip it.

When I was a kid we colored them, but I don’t like boiled eggs and it’s just me, so no coloring this year.

We do it every year.
They are part of a basket of food we have blessed in our church on Holy Saturday and then we eat the contents (with other not blessed food) on Easter Sunday.
It is a Polish tradition with certain foods meaning different things for the Easter holiday. :flower3:

We will color them Thursday evening with our 3yo! He colored some at daycare today. Then a nighttime egg hunt with glowing eggs on Saturday before the Bunny leaves us some plastic ones in the yard Sunday morning! My kid is super into Easter this year! :lovestruc

Our youngest is away at College and won't be home for Easter. Deviled eggs taste just as good when they aren't colored-and that was the only thing we ever did with colored eggs anyhow. I am happy I don't have to deal with it this year.

My DH and I don't have kids but do them every now and then. We are too busy this year to do them though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter