• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

slo’s WEDNESDAY 11/29 poll - Fast Food Chains 🍔🍕🍟🌭

Fast Food Places - What places do you enjoy? (m.c.)

• Hamburger Place (McDonald’s, Jack in the Box and etc)

Votes: 72 60.0%
  • Pizza Place (Pizza Hit, Domino’s and etc)

Votes: 50 41.7%
  • Coffee Place (Starbucks, Dunkin’ Donuts and etc)

Votes: 53 44.2%
  • Chicken Place (KFC, Chick-FIL-A and etc)

Votes: 78 65.0%
  • Sandwich Place (Subway, Panera and etc)

Votes: 64 53.3%
  • Mexican Place (Taco Bell, Chipotle and etc)

Votes: 56 46.7%
  • International Place (Panda Express, Fazoli’s and etc)

Votes: 29 24.2%
  • Miscellaneous Place (Culver’s, Dairy Queen and etc)

Votes: 52 43.3%
  • None of the above - I eat no fast food

Votes: 7 5.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 1 0.8%

• Total voters
I chose other, because I can't put McD in the same category as Culvers or Chick Fil A. ( there's true fast food burgers and then there is a quality burger, same for chicken sandwiches)
Weirdly, I just ate at Portillo's this past SUN after my grandson's hockey game because we had 1.5 hrs to kill before doing something else. I had a hamburger which I've never ordered there before and it was very, very good! That last time I ate there was a few years ago!

I do a pretty good job of staying away from fast food with the exception of getting a drink. When I'm out and about sometimes I just have to have that diet coke or a hot mocha.

I enjoy them all. With my current lifestyle, essentially living out of a suitcase, I eat at them probably more often then I should. I am usually in one of my timeshares and they have some sort of kitchen, but it is hard to justify making food since I will usually have to throw out any left overs.

There are many I do enjoy, but so so bad for you. I really try to limit it to road trips or whatever so it's a couple times per year.

I enjoy a Whopper Jr. at Burger King, the Big Mac at McDonald's, some kind of rice bowl at Chipotle, a white chocolate mocha from Starbucks, a Jr. bacon hamburger from Wendy's. Rare treats.

I actually did get a white chocolate mocha on the way home from Maryland the other day -- one of my friends always gets me a Starbucks gift card for my birthday and I save it for road trips. It was almost $5 for just that drink!

I love most fast food, but I don’t buy it on a regular basis.
We try to save our fast food eating for trips.
We do pick up a pizza every 3 or 4 weeks for convenience. I don’t love it though. I prefer homemade.

We eat food from almost every category occasionally. Most of our pizza is from independent shops, but my kids actually prefer some of the chains over some of our local places so we do that once in a while. I will confess to loving Chik Fil A and Firehouse Subs, but they are an occasional treat. We sometimes will order Chipotle as a family dinner (takeout). DH and kids really enjoy that and I am fine with it occasionally. I thought we’d do something like that one night over Thanksgiving, but we didn’t. Burger places like McDonald’s or Wendy’s are on the road or lunch in the middle of a packed day running from place to place food for us, uncommon but not unheard of.

I love most fast food, but I don’t buy it on a regular basis.
We try to save our fast food eating for trips.
We do pick up a pizza every 3 or 4 weeks for convenience. I don’t love it though. I prefer homemade.

Also, I don't know about your area, but here it seems like pizza is outrageous anymore for what it is. We used to pick some up on Saturday nights more frequently but now we hardly ever do. I have been making mini flatbread pizzas at home instead.

We don't get any fast food, but every couple of months we'll get a Jersey Mike's either roast beef or Italian sub.

My family and I are the sole reason a Dunkin in my town is hopping constantly (I know it’s not just us it was actually smart-there are 3 in my town sadly none a drive thru but all owned by the same guy and that side of town now is the busiest Dunkin).

But we do frequent it

A lot

Lol

After that? I personally love Wendy’s, Chipotle and Cava. We have a lot of Italian food in my town so pizza you can get anywhere other than the chains. I do occasionally go to Starbucks.

A lot of times in the summer when we don’t have side or can’t find frozen fries or it’s too hot we just go and get McDonald’s fries cuz nothing can beat those.

The only time I eat fast food is on vacation. It’s too expensive for what you get these days to eat it on a regular basis. I did notice when I was out and about that a local bank building had been repurposed as a Wendy’s, and the vision of them sending food through the pneumatic tubes made me giggle. Chick-Fil-A is probably my favorite chain.

Also, I don't know about your area, but here it seems like pizza is outrageous anymore for what it is. We used to pick some up on Saturday nights more frequently but now we hardly ever do. I have been making mini flatbread pizzas at home instead.
We always buy a party sized pepperoni for $21 from a local chain. It’s a pretty solid pizza at a good price. If we start adding additional toppings, yeah, the price gets steep.

I also love to make pizza at home on flatbreads. :)

I checked a lot of boxes, but I don't feel like we eat fast food that often. We definitely have our favorites, but we have to settle for alternatives when traveling.

Burgers- Whataburger
Chicken- Raising Canes
Coffee Place- I don't drink coffee
Mexican- Taco Cabana
Pizza- Papa Johns
Sandwich- Jersey Mike's
Miscellaneous- Toss Up... probably Culver's
International- None

Most burger spots have expanded menus, so it's hard to classify many as "just burgers." Whataburger is our #1 for burgers regardless of how you classify them. I put Culver's in miscellaneous even though I also view them as a burger spot, since they are our #2. Still, I'll sometimes order their fish sandwich, so I guess that qualifies as miscellaneous...right? DH would probably put KFC in for chicken, but we all like Canes. The only thing we all agree on is that we do not like Chick-fil-A...and people think we're crazy for it. 🤣 I've had similar responses in the burger category over our feelings on In-N-Out.

-

We tend to get fast food about three time a month on Sundays..the other Sunday I cook something in crock pot.

All with coupons, BK, Wendy’s, popeyes, dominoes, Wawa for hoagies. Grandkids too hungry to wait an hour or so after church for me to cook every week.

I had to choose both 'hamburger places' and 'I don't eat fast food,' because although I love me some Five Guys burgers I very rarely indulge in fast food. When I treat myself, I'm more likely to get a truckload of sushi from this great little sushi place in the next town over from me.

Coffee: Dutch Bros.
Quick cheap burger: Burger King Double Cheese burger. Used to be $1.20, now it's $2.50
Mexican: Jim Boys (chain)

We have a "gourmet" burger place we like. Also, we have a former Dairy Queen we like for burgers and shakes. Same family has owned it for like 40 years. About 20 years ago Dairy Queen told the owners they had to spend $500,000 to remodel their restaurant, which I guess is common with all fast food franchises, they expect a complete remodel every 20 years. Owner said, no, not going to do that, makes no economic sense. They took down the Dairy Queen signs and went independent. They changed the names on the menu, so a Blizzard is now a Glacier, but all the soft serve equipment says Dairy Queen on it........with tape over the logos, but you can see the logo through the tape.

I'd enjoy just about any of the items in the poll, but I just don't go there. There's always food in the house that's already paid for, and it might spoil if I don't do something with it. I'm retired so it's not like I don't have time to prepare it. There are probably a dozen FF places within a 5 minute drive from my house. Sometimes I think I'll go grab something but opt for something from the fridge.

We always buy a party sized pepperoni for $21 from a local chain. It’s a pretty solid pizza at a good price. If we start adding additional toppings, yeah, the price gets steep.

I also love to make pizza at home on flatbreads. :)

That is not a bad price for a sheet pizza. It's $17.50 for a large cheese at our local place and a whopping $31.25 for the sheet pizza. Used to get away with a medium but now my kids are all getting older and can't do it anymore!

We eat at FF maybe 3 times a month. It just depends on my mood as to where we eat since hubby pretty much loves them all. If I'm in a salad mood it will be either Zaxbys (their version of a chef's salad) or Wendys, I like there grilled chicken and strawberry salad. If I'm in a non chicken or hamburger mood it will be Arby's. I like their gyro. If I want a milkshake it's Chick-Fil-A, this time of year I love their peppermint shakes. If I'm in a chicken mood it will be either Zaxbys or Raising Cane's. If I'm in a hamburger mood it will be either Micky Ds or Krystal. Every so often I'm in a Captain Ds mood. Hubby gets in a Taco Bell mood every so often so it's a protein bowl for me there. We have a local taco place called Taco Stand that has been open more than 43 years (I know cause I used to eat there when I was pregnant). We like to go there every once in a while. When I worked in a job outside the house, we would get fast food more often since I'd just stop on my way home. We live sort of out in the middle of nowhere and it's at least 20 min. to the nearest anything.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter