slo’s WEDNESDAY 4/26 poll - Car Entertainment

Car Entertainment - What do you listen to? (M.C.)

• My Playlist

Votes: 32 28.6%
  • Local Radio FM

Votes: 49 43.8%
  • Local Radio AM

Votes: 10 8.9%
  • Digital Radio you pay for - Sirius XM, Apple Music and etc (please post what)

Votes: 42 37.5%
  • Digital Radio that is free - Pandora, IHeartRadio and etc (please post what)

Votes: 9 8.0%
  • CDs

Votes: 18 16.1%
  • Cassette Tapes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A mix of all of the above

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Nothing - I like the silence

Votes: 11 9.8%
  • Other - please post your answer

Votes: 17 15.2%

• Total voters
I'm navigator, range monitor, and DJ on road trips so I usually try to keep the vibe and energy going. I use Apple Music because of the integration with CarPlay.

Free local radio and other - I listen to podcasts and audio books most of the time. Radio when it's only a 5-10 minute drive.

Mostly FM radio. Occasionally CDs, but usually only on long road trips. I had Sirius XM for awhile when the car was new, but never renewed the subscription.

Got back from a 3,600 mile road trip Thursday from California, Arizona, New Mexico and into Texas. SirrusXM was our constant companion. 70's on 7. The certainly do get in a rut in their play lists. During our trip we heard a LOT of Sammy Davis Junior's Candy Man, and Sister Janet Mead singing the Lord's Prayer. Funny, we regularly listen to the reruns of Casey Kasem's American Top 40 and they recently did a top songs countdown, and it is funny how many top 10 songs from the 1970's they DON'T play in their regular programming day.

I have over 1000 songs on my phone, from a mix of various sources, mostly CD's we have that DH put on my itunes account. That is what I play exclusively when driving now.

When we lived in Pittsburgh I had a great local station I listened to, haven't found anything like WYEP in the DC area.

can't wait for Yacht Rock to be back on the dia
Sirius XM and I listened to Yacht Rock all the way from Georgia to Florida and back last week. If it's college football season and hubby or my son are in the car and a SEC game is on, then it's usually either FM or AM, whichever will pick up the game. If I'm really feeling old, I'll plug my IPOD into the radio and listen to my playlist on random off it.

My Sirius is free though. Hubby got 3 free lifetime subscriptions when he bought his car almost 20 years ago. He put one on that car, one on my car and one on the TV. When he got his truck a few years ago it came with one free year and he pays to renew it every year.

I spend very little time in the car (probably less than an hour a week.) My car does have a CD player, but there's no point in listening to a CD for 7 or 8 minutes at a time, so it's NPR and a local FM talk station(non political talk) for my brief outings.

My car still technically "has" a CD player...but it doesn't work anymore.

I mostly listen to the radio anyway, but I'll occasionally pull up a Spotify playlist on my phone instead, or an Audible book on a longer trip.

I always have something on, though. - I hate driving in silence!

680 am to hear the traffic on the highway.

If not on the highway fm local stations that play a lot of older stuff.
I’m a 1090 gal, and my brother favors 680….our offices are near each other and it’s often dueling pontificators up there!

Reactions: NAB
Sirius and some local FM stations. Semi-recently moved, so I'm still finding stations to listen to.
My CD collection (including Park music, and Off Kilter) was a causualty of my 🤬 moving experience, so even though I have a player in the car, I only have 4 CDs

I usually listen to my own playlist or local FM radio.

I used to have Sirius/XM (for multiple years) and I enjoyed it, but they made it SUCH a hassle to cancel, that I'll probably never sign up for it again. I wouldn't even take it for "free for a limited time, then just cancel." Not worth my time!

My husband just bought a new Subaru Forester and one of the reasons he picked it was because it still came with a CD player. He owns a LOT of CDs and still likes to listen to whole albums in the car. (I was always more of a mix-tape girl myself. So I just put my playlist on shuffle.) He is afraid they're going to take the CD player out one of these model years though... which is why he wanted to get a 2023 instead of waiting for the 2024.)

As a passenger I DJ and sing, so it's quite the treat for all involved ;)
When I am driving my share I LOVE plain speaking so podcasts these days. There are lots of murder mystery stories like Up and Vanished, and the insanity of the massive Murdaugh saga Impact of Influence. Since the banking dustup I have been enjoying All-In with Chamath, Jason, Sacks & Friedberg because they bring an interesting perspective to all sorts of topical subjects as a collection of humans riffing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter