Small World Vacations - Are they safe/good/trustworthy/

Status
Not open for further replies.

brocklesnar69

Proud to be a Villain
I was hopeing someone who has gone to WDW through 'Small world Vacations' could tell me a little bit about it and how it works?

For my next trip to WDW I want to book through them because they seem like they can get me a really good price. I was just wondering how trustworthy this site is? How reliable are they when booking for you? (Its not a scam is it?) [Im very untrusting when having to give away money to other people. Especially when its a thousand plus dollars]

Just wondering what the over all experience was when booking your trip through Small World Vacations.

Thanks!:wizard:

They are excellent. I have used them in the past. They are one the TA that specializes in WDW. They come highly recommended.

My husband and I used Dreams Unlimited for our honeymoon. They were great! We never actually gave money to Dreams either. All payments were processed right with Disney. I know you were asking about Small World, but with your concerns about giving money to someone - I wanted to let you know you wouldn't be giving money to Dreams.

We've been booking with small world travel (Josepine) for 3 years now (around 12 trips) and have had the best service ever. They are always on the ball with discounts etc and reply to emails really quickly. Cannot fault at all and would (and do) recommend them highly.

I also recommend them highly! Our agent, Andrea, even answered emails on Mothers Day! I had tons of little questions and she was always friendly and knowledgeable. Good luck!

We used them for the first time to book this year's trip. They are so super wonderful! The booking process went very smoothly. Our agent even came back to us a few weeks after booking and said she found a discount for us that saved us $300. Plus, She has made all of our ADRs for us.:cheer2:

We used Small World Vacations to book our trip. It was easier for us than online, because we split our stay between to resorts (ASMv and WL). Everything went really smooth. We got exactly what we wanted and they sent us some great info. I like supporting travel agents--it's a really tough industry right now. Anyways, I would recommend them!!! :thumbsup2

Will Small World agent book just the resort stay for you, if I want to buy my tickets off ticketmania.com or some other site? And if so, will they still be on the look out for deals to apply to your stay??

I can vouch for Josephine, who provides excellent service. I don't see why they wouldn't book a room-only stay, or look for better deals, but maybe you could ask them directly.

We booked through Stephanie last year and she was fabulous. I was going to book with her again, but she was honest and told me that the package I wanted would be cheapest through AAA. I will definately refer them and use them again.

love small world vacations, and can highly recommend them...we have used diana in the past...she is great! fantastic experience all the way around!

Absolutely loved them!
Our agent (Marian) booked everything! Was even willing to accomodate changes we needed to make.
We used them twice and would do so again in a heartbeat.

FANTASTIC! Our agent Josephine is patient and very helpful. :thumbsup2
We booked last Oct for Sep 07 trip. When Free DDP came out she was up at her computer at 6am switching reservations for her clients. :yay:
My family switched resorts twice and she was great about it! :banana:

I will always use Small World in the future! :cheer2:

I highly recommend Small World. They work with you from the first time you get reservations until the day of your trip to get you the best value. My agent, Stephanie, is particularly terrific. They love Disney and they care about you.

High recommendations from me as well. I have used them for 2 trips, and will do so again in the future.

As posted by marc1477:
How much does it cost to use them, They sound good.

As for the cost, they are exactly the same price as booking your package through Disney.

I also LOVE Small World. Our agent Jodie is FABULOUS! We have booked all sorts of arrangments with her...from room only (where she was constantly on the look out for AP rates for us...to packages) There is no extra cost to use them. Their pricing is the same as booking through Disney. But, add their service on top of Disney, and it is a combination that is hard to beat...you can be assured that if any discount comes out that they can apply to your package, they will be on the phone to CRO as soon as it is released! They have always been very accomadating...for example, we have changed our reservations so many times for this upcoming trip, that I feel bad for Jodie :goodvibes ...but she has always made the changes quickly and efficiently!

Lynn

I used Small World for our May 2006 trip. I chose this agency based on the many good reviews here and in the Unofficial Guide. Unfortunately, our family had a terrible experience.

I requested a quote for POFQ and instead received a great price for AKL. I was very excited and at that point was convinced of the powers of the travel agent. Our agent told us what a beautiful resort it was and even helped us to put in a room request. However, when we received our travel documents weeks later, our reservation was listed as POFQ. When I called to correct this error, she acted as though that had always been our selection and told us we could not get AKL for that price.

By this time my family was very excited to stay at AKL so I paid the extra (around $700, I think) to upgrade to AKL. Our agent offered to give us a $250 credit to rectify her mistake. I was happy about that since she did attempt to make it right.

This part is what I found to be totally outrageous. When we checked into AKL, I noticed that my sister's age had been changed to 17 (she was 19 at the time). So in order to give me my "credit" the agent had changed my sister's age to avoid the extra adult in the room charge. When I got home, I verified that my sister was listed as 19 on the original POFQ reservation.

I let the desk CM know that my sister was 19 and they did not charge us any extra (we also got a room upgrade to savannah, but not because of this. We got the upgrade before I even mentioned my sister's age). It turned out to be a wonderful trip, but I was very angry that asking me to be dishonest when checking in equaled a "discount" in the agent's mind.

I wrote an email to the agent and a letter to the agency but never heard back. This year I booked my own trip. I have always been hesitant to post this since I've never read anything else negative about Small World and it seems my experience was an isolated one, but I thought I'd put it out there.

They are awesome! Just got back and had a great time; everything went off without a snag. Stephanie was my agent; we changed our plans about a half a dozen times and she was always helpful and super polite and answered our e-mails promptly even on the weekends. Our plans were somewhat crazy and she just kept adjusting them along the way always trying different combinations to try and save us the most money; I would highly recommend!!!

The other benefit is that they watch for new promotions all the time and they'll redo your reservations to take advantage of the better price; that alone saved us a couple hundred dollars this time.

This is the second time I've used them and I've been super impressed both times.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter