Small World Vacations - Are they safe/good/trustworthy/

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used Small World for our trip 4 years ago and recieved a refund after we paid because a cheaper package came out. Small World is booking our next trip Jan 2013, and Anne called me back on July 4 - being a Canadian I forgot it was a US holiday!

Love small word vacations have used Minnie Babb twice and have also referred her to friends who have had great experiences with her as well. Organising all the way from Australia was a piece of cake she responded to be on US holidays and even in the late hours (US time). We also had Caylie fill in for Minnie whilst she was on vacation and she was just as wonderful.

Amazing will use her again

I went down with my family thru Small World Vacations. I don't remember our host but we met at Chef Mickeys and I had a party of 12. We lost touch because we joined disney vacation club. Now due to a low economy we are selling that. And that brought me back here to look for something for just 3 of us now. I hope we do something and go before the end of this year. These people really love what they do! They are safe and trustworthy.

Mike & Michlle Miller:cheer2:

Wow, so many good things about SWV. Maybe I'm doing something wrong then - I contacted them hoping to find a better deal on a Disney Cruise for the end of next year, thinking that they would be able to provide me with a rate less than what Disney's website is giving me. I waited a few days and finally heard back from our TA and the price she has given is almost $400 more than the price I can book myself on the cruise website. I'm so confused! Do I need to let her know and give it another shot? Or should I just go ahead and book the cheaper reservation that I was able to find in under 5 minutes of searching? :confused: I was so looking forward to joining the nearly unanimous praise for SWV, but maybe I'm just not going to be so lucky. :(

Wow, so many good things about SWV. Maybe I'm doing something wrong then - I contacted them hoping to find a better deal on a Disney Cruise for the end of next year, thinking that they would be able to provide me with a rate less than what Disney's website is giving me. I waited a few days and finally heard back from our TA and the price she has given is almost $400 more than the price I can book myself on the cruise website. I'm so confused! Do I need to let her know and give it another shot? Or should I just go ahead and book the cheaper reservation that I was able to find in under 5 minutes of searching? :confused: I was so looking forward to joining the nearly unanimous praise for SWV, but maybe I'm just not going to be so lucky. :(

Are you sure you are comparing apples to apples? The exact same stateroom category? Maybe your agent included insurance and transfers? There could be any number of reasons why the pricing doesn't match. Why not call the agent and discuss the quote? I'm sure the agent would be happy to review the quote with you and maybe together you can figure out why there is a difference in price. Good luck!

A neighbor of mine recently had the same experience with this company. The quote was significantly higher than disneycruise.com. The neighbor asked my opinion since we have recently taken two cruises w Disney and I did all my own planning. I did make sure the quote and what I was looking at were "apples to apples." I even called a friend who is a Disney travel agent. She was getting the same price that I was for the room the SW agent quoted.

I cannot speak for trustworthiness or how good they are, but I have gotten quotes from a number of places for my Disney Cruise and they have always been identical for identical staterooms. Disney sets the price. What *some* travel agents can do is provide you with various promotional items -- Disney onboard credits, Costco cash cards, etc. I would just double check everything included in your quotes, to be sure, because my quote from SWV was identical to the others I have gotten as far as actual price goes.

Disney's travel insurance is something like 8% of the cruise, isn't it? I think their quote information page may have that included by default (I know several of them did), and $400 sounds about like the amount we were told for the insurance -- although I know it varies by total cost.

I've booked through them twice, and had good results. The first time, I ended up getting a much better deal than I could find on my own, and the agent was super-fast about getting back to me, The second time, with a different agent, communication wasn't as fast, and I got the same deal I would have on my own, but I was still happy with them.

I just finished booking our May trip through SWV with Tracy. She was very responsive and uber-prompt whenever I had a question or made dozens of changes before finally settling on booking. All the numbers she quoted me were the same as the Disney website.

I used Dreams Unlimited last time and it worked like a charm with ADRs and everything. But when I inquired with Dreams this time all I got was three room-only quotes and no other service.

I felt Tracy truly provided the level of service I expected. But as always I'm just a little nervous wanting to make sure Disney has all my info and no disappointments along the way. Someone give me some reassurance here?

I know this is an older thread, but has anyone used Annette from SWV and can give feedback? Thanks!

We have used SWV for several of our Disney vacations - to Disney world, Disney cruises and a land / sea family reunion that required coordination with the vacation club - they have always been fantastic getting us great deals informing us of tips and tricks to booking the best accommodations for the best possible price. Whenever we have something we want done right we go to small world vacations and Heather Garrett - she booked our med cruise (and got us an amazing cabin for a great deal!) - then when it came time to book our family land and sea for 10 people she came through again! She managed to get amazing ship accommodations and help coordinate dining plans and talk us through when to book our DVC portion. Just fantastic! I can't say enough positive things about heather and the team at small world. I tell all my friends and family to book using them and I haven't heard a negative review yet! Our next adventure is to Northern Europe for the 7 day fjord cruise and Heather has set us up with yet another amazing room with an amazing deal!

We have used SWV for several of our Disney vacations - to Disney world, Disney cruises and a land / sea family reunion that required coordination with the vacation club - they have always been fantastic getting us great deals informing us of tips and tricks to booking the best accommodations for the best possible price. Whenever we have something we want done right we go to small world vacations and Heather Garrett - she booked our med cruise (and got us an amazing cabin for a great deal!) - then when it came time to book our family land and sea for 10 people she came through again! She managed to get amazing ship accommodations and help coordinate dining plans and talk us through when to book our DVC portion. Just fantastic! I can't say enough positive things about heather and the team at small world. I tell all my friends and family to book using them and I haven't heard a negative review yet! Our next adventure is to Northern Europe for the 7 day fjord cruise and Heather has set us up with yet another amazing room with an amazing deal!

:welcome: and thanks for your insights!

We have used them for our cruises (prefer not to use a TA for our WDW trips because there's no real advantage and I like to have direct access to my plans). Andrea was fantastic to work with - top notch service for each reservation and they offer the best on board credit I could find.

I'd definitely recommend them!

I used them for my last 3 trips to WDW. Carrie was my agent. She was incredible and still is. Even when I let her know I'm trying to book a trip and then end up going to DL instead. It's no hassle. She often gets back to me within hours of my email. If I ever go to WDW, I'll contact her. It just takes the pressure out of booking and I know that if a deal comes out, she'll get it for me.

We have worked with Amber Vaughan of SMV multiple times, primarily for cruises, and have ALWAYS had a positive experience. We have recommended her to family as well, and have never had a bad review. Professional, competent and very fair with regard to rates and "extras," we continue to book through her.

I have had the opposite experience. I have found our person to be very lackluster and quite honestly useless. Doing NOTHING that I could not do. I would NEVER use small world vacations again. Our agent never looked for deals, I have had to ask when i see a price change online. While prompt when i ask a question provides no help or guidance. I have to constantly ask questions as nothing is provided to me - like when I will be getting my cruise documents or luggage tags. How do I do shuttle service. Never asked how we'd get to the boat. Do you want to do something before after. NOthing. NEVER again. I have been on the supposed waitlist for first seating since we booked back in January. I don't even think she did that. As I am on a FB group and peoople who booked months after us got first dining. I found a price change online and emailed. She did not 'see' that price and I lost out on the savings. If I had booked myself I could have saved $500! She has done nothing for us. I would have done better booking myself and will next time. I ended up doing more work than she did. They are a HUGE disappointment. NEVER EVER will I use them nor can I recommend them.

This thread began 10 years ago and its focus is not on Theme Parks Attractions... closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter