Small World Vacations - Are they safe/good/trustworthy/

Status
Not open for further replies.
We had a positive experience that we ended abruptly.

We had dates that we preferred, but with FD (and no room discounts available at the time), we realized that we could save some money by shifting our dates. So, we booked and got things going. I ended up doing all of my ADRs myself, as with a shorter 2mo turnaround, there wasn't time to find what we wanted, tell her, have her book them. It was easier to book the ADRs ourselves. Nevertheless, we were pleased with her advice.

A couple days after booking, we got a PIN (FD on our preferred dates) in the mail, addressed to the previous owners. We weren't sure if Disney would let that swing, but I sent her the PIN so that she could try. She said it couldn't happen, so we called ourselves, just to try. Disney let us use the PIN and so we had to separate from her.

I was cleaning my inbox over the weekend and found an email asking if we wanted to transfer the reservation to her. I don't know if we would have, had I noticed it when she sent it (nearly two months ago). It seems a little tacky, since I would be doing what I felt was all the work, but at the same time I feel a little bad since we had originally booked through her.

If we go down to WDW again, but with significant forward planning (8m+) and with a more complex itinerary (split stay, large diverse group, etc), I wouldn't hesitate to put a commission in her pocket. For a simple stay like this (book room, book ADR, make requests, done), I think I'm happier doing it with the help of mousesavers, allears, and disboards.

We booked through Caylie in May 2009, March 2010 and just recently booked a trip for my parents in November. They are free, attentive, helpful and can save you a lot of money. Use them once and you'll never go back. What have you got to lose?:goodvibes

Just heard from Small World Vacations (they saw my post & figured me out ;)) They were very responsive to my concerns & we're going to start fresh - got some much-wanted advice. Have no doubt it will be much smoother going forward!

So how hard it is to switch agents at SWV? I'm not sure the one I got is right for me -- I really wanted one who had been on several cruises and would be enthusiastic not so matter of fact. Maybe (as some have said) the problem is we've been just email. Should I ask for a change?:confused3

So how hard it is to switch agents at SWV? I'm not sure the one I got is right for me -- I really wanted one who had been on several cruises and would be enthusiastic not so matter of fact. Maybe (as some have said) the problem is we've been just email. Should I ask for a change?:confused3

If you aren't comfortable with you TA, I would. It is your money and your vacation.

Have you tried speaking to your TA on the phone at all? Perhaps your TA is enthusiastic and happy to help you but just does not know how to express that in email. Not always an easy thing to do. Did your TA do a good job booking the cruise you wanted? Do they answer your questions and reply in a timely, courteous and professional manner? If the answer is, yes, I would recommend giving your TA a call before you try and change. Give them a chance to prove they are happy to assist you. - Good Luck!

We used SWV for our last trip and while I wouldn't say the service was bad it just wasn't for us. We found we prefer to be in control of contacting Disney as opposed to having to go through a travel agent and we had some delays in getting communications from our agent at SWV as well.

I guess the best advice I can give is that if you are a "hands on" person when it comes to your vacation planning you may prefer to do it yourself on the other hand if your more able to sit back and let someone else do it then going through a TA may be more for you.

Either way have an excellent trip.

We're using Karen Nunn and she's been awesome - and like someone else said - PATIENT!

She was on the ball when FD was extended and has helped book all my extra tickets.

Very nice lady and very knowledgable.

I'm using Karen Nunn after a friend recommended her, and I am excited! Glad to hear she's awesome.

We didn't have the best experience. It would take days for the Small World TA to get back to us when we had a question or needed some info. I went ahead and canceled with SWV and ended up rebooking through Disney directly.

We used SWV and were very disappointed! Our TA did no more than give us a quote, book our room and take our payment. She didn't go out of her way to help us at all, when I had to email her with questions it would take days to get a response and it was usually not even that helpful.
We are trying a different TA with a different company this time...

I haven't been WOWed by SWV. I've made two requests - admittedly, both were before Nov. 2012 pricing was out, so I understand that, but I also asked a question or two in my last request, not related to specific pricing, and all I got was the generic 'prices aren't released yet' response. In addition, I believe that booking is available for Nov. 2012 now, and the email said someone would follow up with me as soon as it was, and they haven't.

I'll probably end up doing it myself. I'm too hands-on... I was only interested in terms of any potential savings, anyway.

We used SMV in 2009 and we were very disappointed. Apart from making the booking, the only thing we really wanted was for the agent to make our ADRs on the appropriate day. This was really important because it was a period during free dining offer. I called and emailed the agent during the day to see how she went. No reply or response. I panicked and called for ADRs and got lousy times as I called later in the day. Agent later emailed to let me know she got some of our requests (with worse times than I got) and I could tell they were done hours and hours after I called because of the confirmation numbers. Once bitten - never use them again. Am using Dreams Unlimited and we are very happy with them, agent Stacey has been terrific - very responsive and on the ball!

Dusting this one off again :)

I just contact SMV for a quote for Jan-- trying to convince DH he needs to take us all for my 40th. I just received the inital email assigning me
Sydney as my agent.
So, has anyone had Sydeny as an agent?

Thanks!
Anne

We have used SWV twice and loved it. We dont ask them to do alot for us. But always very helpful. We use Kathy everytime and she is fantastic!!!

We worked with Deanna from Small World Vacations to book our May 2011 cruise and she was wonderfully helpful. Will definitely contact them (preferably, Deanna) again for our next Disney vaca. :thumbsup2

We have used Jo from SWV and she has been awesome!! Always returns my emails within a couple of hours (if not minutes)!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter