Small World Vacations - Are they safe/good/trustworthy/

Status
Not open for further replies.
I booked with SWV in July for our November trip and let me tell you, Stephanie has been nothing but the best.

HAS ANYONE USED MISSY... thats who we were assigned and I am nervous about using a travel agency I have never used before.. this is a trip of a lifetime for my 2 girls and I want it to be good... not spoiled

Wow I wonder why I didn't have a good experience lol.

Can't remember her name but t he one I was paired with was down right rude when I asked about free dining on my first email. Seemed annoyed. The discount was only for credit card holders at the time but I knew it would be released to all in a week or so, I just asked if that's the type of discount they add on if I had already booked or if it was something I should just wait til it was offered to make my reservation.

Also , I was coming up with cheaper prices booing the same stuff through Disney online on my own . I ended up going with a local ta whose quotes were several hundred less than small world. I paid $50 for them but still saved around $400-600 can't remember it's been several months.

Sounds like I'm alone on this!

I too called SWV for info about two months ago,gave them my dates and info they never called back!:confused3

Alice at Small World is beyond fabulous!! She saved me $300 just his morning for my room only ressie for Princess marathon weekend!

:cool1:

We used them in 2009 and had a great experience.

That said, this time I used Dreams and I actually like them a little better.

Hi all. I was looking for information about SWV after I read about them on Mousesavers.com. I found this discussion and read every page and response. I was planning on doing all of the research and bookings myself, but after reading most of the glowing reports, I decided to try and use SWV and their knowledge etc.

I have to say, I'm disappointed by the service and my rep, Jo. I feel that I was just being given rack rates and no friendliness or anything that I saw described here. In fact, she was sort of curt and rude and didnt seem to be helpful or anything. I will try Dreams Unlimited next to see if I get someone more helpful. I didnt see how going through SMV would be more helpful to me. I would love to have someone else do all the legwork, but not if it is a bad experience.

Maybe I should try SMV but with another rep ?

Hi all. I was looking for information about SWV after I read about them on Mousesavers.com. I found this discussion and read every page and response. I was planning on doing all of the research and bookings myself, but after reading most of the glowing reports, I decided to try and use SWV and their knowledge etc.

I have to say, I'm disappointed by the service and my rep, Jo. I feel that I was just being given rack rates and no friendliness or anything that I saw described here. In fact, she was sort of curt and rude and didnt seem to be helpful or anything. I will try Dreams Unlimited next to see if I get someone more helpful. I didnt see how going through SMV would be more helpful to me. I would love to have someone else do all the legwork, but not if it is a bad experience.

Maybe I should try SMV but with another rep ?

Maybe try another rep. I've used Marion since 2008 and I absolutely love her! Her email address is marion@smallworld vacations.com

Small World Vacations = :thumbsup2 IMO. My travel agent spelled out all the options I had (free dining, military discount, AAA) so I chose the most appropriate options for me because each option has its own drawback (for example I had to go to the navy base in Newport, RI to get the discounted park hopper passes and then had to convert them to tickets when I got to the MK. Also, with the free dining plan, I had to take my trip within the timeframe of the promotion). I don't know if I'm at liberty to mention names on a forum, but my agent was so nice. If you want her name, I can give it to you by private message. She promptly answered all my questions. She has a wealth of knowledge of all things Disney. I don't know how they get paid because I didn't pay them any fee.:confused:

I've used both SMV and DU in the past year. I prefer SMV, they seem more into it for me. Not to say that my agent from DU wasn't personable, but I feel Sherri from Small World has/was been very friendly and helpful. She is helping me now with two upcoming trips.

I was hopeing someone who has gone to WDW through 'Small world Vacations' could tell me a little bit about it and how it works?

For my next trip to WDW I want to book through them because they seem like they can get me a really good price. I was just wondering how trustworthy this site is? How reliable are they when booking for you? (Its not a scam is it?) [Im very untrusting when having to give away money to other people. Especially when its a thousand plus dollars]

Just wondering what the over all experience was when booking your trip through Small World Vacations.

Thanks!:wizard:

They are great...Amber is a pleasure to talk to and very well informed. :wizard:

We booked through SMV this year for a Sept trip and have been really pleased. Every time I call, our agent (Dawn) knows exactly who I am before I even get a chance to give her any details (I thought it might be caller id, but I called from work, so she still gets credit!) When free dining came out, I was going to email her as soon as I got my daughter off to school. I sat down to log in and an email from Dawn popped up, saying she had added free dining to our plans. :)

We used Jodie back in 2010. I thought she was really great- I believe she was away on a trip w/her son but was still checking msgs ... ultimately, rebooking my vacay for a PIN I received while she was on travel of her own. She said she could book my dining, but I really enjoy that part so I did it myself.

I've handled all of our bookings since then, but we'll probably go back to her if we decide to add a cruise to the trip I'm thinking about for 2013.

I've used Cheryl at SWV now 2 times, and both times have been great! She is quick with the quotes and will work with you when you have millions of questions. She even made all the changes to bring the price down last year when Disney came out with a cheaper offer as it got closer!

So reading this sounds like there could be some benefits to using a TA...if you get the right TA. Can you request an agent, or do you have to use the one assigned to you?

We want to book for December 2013. My daughter will turn 5 on the trip, so I'd like to make it extra special for her.

I just used Small World to book our first Disney Cruise and they have been wonderful thus far. My agent is Amanda and she responds extremely fast to all my emails. I'm very pleased with their service. :thumbsup2

Carla

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter