SmallWorld - New build is online!

I experienced my first VFK-like glitch today.

smallworldsglitch.jpg

See the teeny tiny pool table where the red arrow is? :rotfl2:

Not a glitch lol. That's a symbol above someones head if they're playing pool. Same with typing and other games and even afk.

Okay, only a couple of you know this, but I broke down and created an account over the weekend. I'm Mnementh Bronze on there. I added a few people to my list, those Disers that had fairly obvious screen names. I hope no one minds.

As big of a supporter of VFK as I am/was, this game totally blows VFK out of the water, and in some aspects even blows VMK out of the water (but not entirely), even as a beta. I think this could turn out to be very good.

Welcome to the dark side mint :) We have uh.. well we dont have cookies but this game rocks :rotfl:

If VMK were still running, I would be forced to split my time. haha.

I know we have been speculating about why SW is so popular in Brazil. Juliana said that there was a popular gaming site or mag that did a big review of SW, so they had a huge influx of Brazilians.:)

Thanks, I knew there was an answer out there, I was expecting it to be something more like us, losing a game, but that does indeed explain it.

I just want to stress something very important here.

Parents, if you are allowing your kids to play this, do not think they are safe if they are playing on one computer while you play and watch them on another. Other players have the ability to speak to them by "whispers" which cannot be seen by the rest of the room, including you.

Absolutley. This game is not a place for unsupervised children, then again no place really is right.

ETA: oh and some advice when communicating on their board. VMK is like an ex girlfriend ROFL. The new girlfriend doesnt want to be reminded constantly how the old girlfriend did things. Just advice obviously and my opinion, but I feel you would get better responses when you dont start out the topic with " VMK used to do it like..."

I just want to stress something very important here.

Parents, if you are allowing your kids to play this, do not think they are safe if they are playing on one computer while you play and watch them on another. Other players have the ability to speak to them by "whispers" which cannot be seen by the rest of the room, including you.

Today I received a whispered proposition from somebody else in the room, while I was right in the middle of a game of pool, grrr. Could not find any way to block the person's name from within the game chat window, and they never showed up in a search when I tried later. :mad:

I havent heard to much bad language but Im sure we will. Its for sure not for under 13 but you can go in to account and have their chat filtered so at least they cant hear bad language. I guess thats why their going to make a mirror game but for the under 13 age.

http://babelfish.yahoo.com/translate_txt

It was very useful and I was able to communitcate. Very very nice people. Just tell them your using a translator so you might be a little slow on the response. I kinda know some portuguese so I can say hello and Sorry I don't speak portuguese.

Not sure if I dreamed this but I believe Juliana told us the developers use translators to. Might be a good idea if we all do. lol Most seem very nice.

If you are a parent and you are having your child play this game, I would also like to point out that not every youtube video is rated G, so I would either say no to youtube videos on this game or watch them VERY closely, or you can also contact Smallworlds staff and see what they can do about it. It is the same way with music, some songs are not always family friendly, I suggest that someone could suggest to have it set to where only some features work with the accounts to the parent's choices.

If you are a parent and you are having your child play this game, I would also like to point out that not every youtube video is rated G, so I would either say no to youtube videos on this game or watch them VERY closely, or you can also contact Smallworlds staff and see what they can do about it. It is the same way with music, some songs are not always family friendly, I suggest that someone could suggest to have it set to where only some features work with the accounts to the parent's choices.

I think you'll find the answer to that is simple, their game isnt targetted to children.

I think you'll find the answer to that is simple, their game isnt targetted to children.

That is very true, but it would have been nice for everyone to play. I was thinking maybe they could convert it make it suitable for playing for kids, like parental control for example, just thinking out of the box here lol

That is very true, but it would have been nice for everyone to play. I was thinking maybe they could convert it make it suitable for playing for kids, like parental control for example, just thinking out of the box here lol

then we wouldnt have as much fun mic ROFL

shhhh... lets just root for elf island for the little ones :rotfl:

then we wouldnt have as much fun mic ROFL

shhhh... lets just root for elf island for the little ones :rotfl:

:rotfl2:

well....I meant, if the parent wanted the child to have limits in the game, they could, while the people who don't want to play with limits can play without limits. Even Club Penguin has a chat limit where the parent can set it to only picked phrases, we can still have our fun :rolleyes1 , but the children can have theirs and be safe too ;)

well....I meant, if the parent wanted the child to have limits in the game, they could, while the people who don't want to play with limits can play without limits. Even Club Penguin has a chat limit where the parent can set it to only picked phrases, we can still have our fun :rolleyes1 , but the children can have theirs and be safe too ;)

I would totally report you right now if given the chance!!!!!

Geez ace dont say that above a whisper, I love the game as is. Theres always toontown , the fairy stuff and that penquin game for the little dudes.
no more dictionary dancing for us woot!! lol

That's why it's 13+ :thumbsup2

Geez ace dont say that above a whisper, I love the game as is. Theres always toontown , the fairy stuff and that penquin game for the little dudes.
no more dictionary dancing for us woot!! lol

Well this is what i meant, they really should make it so that adults can play how they want, and children can play it safe (that is if the parents want them too)

That's why it's 13+ :thumbsup2

See quote 1 lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter