Snacking around the world-tell me your faves

Oh my, that sounds wonderful.

It was...and it made dealing with WDW crowds so much better...that day in WS, my mom and I kept ending up in the same area as a school tour group. The people in the group weren't bad, but because they were about 40-50 people, they congested places fast. Mom and I finally decided to just wait them out in France. She went to Les Halles and got a ham and cheese croissant to split and I got dessert/drinks at Les Artisans L'Glace. Worked out really well :)

Anything from Karamell Kuche in Germany (particularly the caramel corn or s'more)
Crème puff from Norway - the school bread was just ok for me, my husband loved it though
Giant pretzels from Germany
Nudel Gratin from Germany (this could be a meal, but it's so freaking good)

Unlike others, my husband and I didn't care for the snacks we had in France. I was drooling over the macaron ice cream sandwich for months before our trip and it turned out really stale and not that good, IMO. He got the brioche sandwich and thought the same.

Anything from Karamell Kuche in Germany (particularly the caramel corn or s'more)
Crème puff from Norway - the school bread was just ok for me, my husband loved it though
Giant pretzels from Germany
Nudel Gratin from Germany (this could be a meal, but it's so freaking good)

Unlike others, my husband and I didn't care for the snacks we had in France. I was drooling over the macaron ice cream sandwich for months before our trip and it turned out really stale and not that good, IMO. He got the brioche sandwich and thought the same.

What is Nudel Gratin?

Oh no, that had to be disappointing! I've felt that same way with some of the restaurants others have raved about. I guess it's all personal preference. Luckily, I'm not too picky. LOL!

The ice cream in France, the bacon cheese roll in France and the cream horn in Norway are my faves!

The troll horn and school bread in Norway were awesome. Enjoyed the Dou in France. Pot stickers in China were great.

There are already so many great suggestions here! The only one I will add is the sweet pretzel in Norway. I know that almost everyone loves school bread, but for me it's a miss. But that sweet pretzel...delicious! We often pick up an extra one on the way out of Epcot and eat it for breakfast the next day. It comes in two varieties -- almond and I think chocolate -- and though usually anything chocolate is my favorite, in this case I prefer the almond one.

There is so much delicious food at Epcot! Our family can easily make meals out of the snacks there...and one of our favorite memories is from our last trip, where we "challenged" ourselves to find a delicious snack at every country's pavilion! As you can imagine, that challenge was easily met. :)

There are already so many great suggestions here! The only one I will add is the sweet pretzel in Norway. I know that almost everyone loves school bread, but for me it's a miss. But that sweet pretzel...delicious! We often pick up an extra one on the way out of Epcot and eat it for breakfast the next day. It comes in two varieties -- almond and I think chocolate -- and though usually anything chocolate is my favorite, in this case I prefer the almond one.

There is so much delicious food at Epcot! Our family can easily make meals out of the snacks there...and one of our favorite memories is from our last trip, where we "challenged" ourselves to find a delicious snack at every country's pavilion! As you can imagine, that challenge was easily met. :)

An almond flavored pretzel sounds delicious! I'm not a huge pretzel fan or let's just say I wouldn't automatically reach for a pretzel & cheese dip snack. But, I do love almond anything, & a pretzel is completely shareable so I think that is a great snack idea! Thanks so much!!

That sounds like the best challenge ever! Now that my kids are older we are trying to take a different approach to this trip....enjoying the smaller things. My middle daughter is really excited about taking time to explore each country. Thanks again!

An almond flavored pretzel sounds delicious! I'm not a huge pretzel fan or let's just say I wouldn't automatically reach for a pretzel & cheese dip snack. But, I do love almond anything, & a pretzel is completely shareable so I think that is a great snack idea! Thanks so much!!

That sounds like the best challenge ever! Now that my kids are older we are trying to take a different approach to this trip....enjoying the smaller things. My middle daughter is really excited about taking time to explore each country. Thanks again!

You're welcome. :) The sweet pretzel is definitely large enough to share as a snack (it's about the size of a large paper plate)...although I admit that I've eaten it all by myself before too! it isn't salty at all and tastes/looks nothing like the mickey and cheese pretzels or like a mall soft pretzel...the exterior is lighter in color, it seems softer to me, and it's dipped/baked in some kind of glaze that makes the almonds stick to the pretzel. And maybe the best part of all is that some of those glazed almonds fall off onto the plate or into the bag you've saved it in for breakfast...and then it's like you get to eat an extra little treat at the end when the actual pretzel is all gone! :)

Have a wonderful trip! I hope you and your family find lots of yummy snacks to enjoy. :)

I know you mentioned macarons aren’t your favorite but my favorite snack last trip was the raspberry and lime cream macaron at Les Halles in France. I can’t wait to get it again when I go back!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter