Snow Whit DVD makes me mad!!!

I just wish they could have had something on the box saying that the special features were on the Blu-Ray discs only. Some of the special features seemed really interisting and now because of Disney I'm going to go and buy a flat screen, an HDMI cable, and a Blu-Ray player all on my credit card and get into debt. HaHa.

Even this one? I guess I just have a hard time thinking there is much detail to see in an animation this old. We saw both versions of Bolt and saw a big difference between them.

Pink,

What you get here is not sharpness and clarity like you get with newer animation. Instead, all the fine detail of hand-drawn animation is visibile (such as brush-strokes in the painted backgrounds). The film has been wonderfully restored, and if you appreciate the artistic aspects of the film, Blu-Ray is the way to go. You also see blemishes and artifacts from the imperfections of the animation technique (such as cell shadows visible in some shots). I really enjoyed re-discovering the film after many years, and this was the best I have ever seen it look.

I kinda expected something like that. Blu ray is not doing so hot in this economy, people are questioning if its worth it to spend the extra ten bucks on a dvd just because its blu ray. Disney wants blu ray to do well and have been pushing it pretty hard so it doesnt suprise me that they would do this to continue to push blu ray. However it is still a jip :confused3

Blu-Ray sales are actually up 83% year to date over last year. Blu Ray adoption has been much quicker than DVD over VHS. Some folks still don't have HDTVs, so Blu Ray is meaningless to them, but for the folks that wanted the HD experience, Blu is superior to DVD in every way. Plus, the deals on Amazon really make them more affordable than paying retail through Best Buy, Target, etc. Suggested retail is still too high on most. I got Snow White for $19 though, same as I used to pay for most DVDs.

I was excited to finaly get a nice dvd of snow white i know the blue ray combo pack can with a dvd, but what's the point realy? the dvd set was the same thing. why!?:confused3
i can't realy aford a blue ray right now i like dvds, i don't like the cost of blue ray.
i hope they come out with a dvd a REAL dvd set.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter